Sign in to follow this  
RustyWar

Can you stash backpacks?

Can I find a snazzy hiding spot, take my backpack off in said snazzy spot and then go on with my day within that server? Then go back and retrieve the pack or take items out of it as needed?

I have a feeling the answer is no, especially on servers with frequent restarts.

But what about normal SA servers? I'm not sure if and how frequently they may restart.

So long story short can packs be used to stash items as long as later retrieved before log out and or restart?

Currently any item you leave on the ground will stay there until the server restarts (or someone finds it).

In the future backpacks and most likely other items will be persistent even after a server restart. 

Cool, thank you. Do you know if the servers that are generic named(I'm guessing publishe/devr owned) have frequent restarts? I think I read somewhere there like once a week.

Its more like once every four hours for official servers. so yeah, its a bit risky to leave stuff lying around.

Gott'cha. Thanks man. Yeah indeed, I want to cut my losses some and leave a pack stashed with some ammo, food, bandages, ect but still carry another with supplies too. I think I'm going to give it a try, see what happens heheh. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Put it on the floor and wait for me, I'll help you.

Gott'cha. Thanks man. Yeah indeed, I want to cut my losses some and leave a pack stashed with some ammo, food, bandages, ect but still carry another with supplies too. I think I'm going to give it a try, see what happens heheh. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

The most common reason for doing this is if you have an incurable issue like you drink disinfectant, got a random incurable sickness, or broke a limb without a split.

Drag your ass to somewhere near Berezino or Svet, dump your stuff somewhere hidden, kill yourself, re-spawn a few times until you come up close then run to your stuff.  

I have also once done this when I went into Svet to take on a couple of dudes.  I dumped everything except for a rifle and rags then went into fight, knowing that if I died I could come back for my stuff on the edge of town.  

Put it on the floor and wait for me, I'll help you.

Awesome, bro! It's next to the fountain in Cherno...

Edited by wacktopia
  • Like 1