DayZ4Mac

DayZ 4 MAC! Sign the petition

there is no such thing, there is no arma for mac so no dayz for mac

There are mac gamers its just that you don't know about them, also the guy who made DayZ said he will make it on the Mac if he gets enough PC sales. We are just trying to speed up the process as DayZ is such a great game!

Maybe like, 1 year after Dayz comes out, then they could start dedicating time, manpower and resources to a Mac version.

I just hope to god that you guys are signing the petition, you should help a brother in hand!

There have been loads of discussions about it already and every single one of them is filled with people saying how they hate Mac etc., pp.

This is not the place for that. Keep it on topic and leave out the mac-hate or deal with the consequences.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

There have been loads of discussions about it already and every single one of them is filled with people saying how they hate Mac etc., pp.

This is not the place for that. Keep it on topic and leave out the mac-hate or deal with the consequences.

Just boot camp and play, like I do. It works "great", in Arma2 terms, on my i7 iMac! :)

You must realize that in this stage of the development phase, there will not be any Mac port for a long time to come. So save yourself the trouble and install Windows on a small dirty partition of your drive.

Edited by JimWalsh4President

Gaming = PC

Mac = Buisness

You should REALLY look into getting a PC. It is compatible with a ton of things that mac isn't, and is overall helpful in the long term.

I like Mac's for business purposes, but I really do suggest either 

A. Selling it and buy a PC (If you're looking to purely game)

B. Get bootcamp or something like that that allows you to play DayZ. I've heard a ton of Mac users do it to play PC games.

Edit: Your petition said "Garry's mod, Rust, and other big games like that. Bohemia Interactive needs to realize that people with mac's can pay just as much as some windows equivalent." DayZ is much more intensive on your cpu and your gpu than those games. Be warey.

Edited by AsOiX

Use the mac money to build a decent rig, you never regret.

Gaming = PC

Mac = Buisness

You should REALLY look into getting a PC. It is compatible with a ton of things that mac isn't, and is overall helpful in the long term.

I like Mac's for business purposes, but I really do suggest either 

A. Selling it and buy a PC (If you're looking to purely game)

B. Get bootcamp or something like that that allows you to play DayZ. I've heard a ton of Mac users do it to play PC games.

Edit: Your petition said "Garry's mod, Rust, and other big games like that. Bohemia Interactive needs to realize that people with mac's can pay just as much as some windows equivalent." DayZ is much more intensive on your cpu and your gpu than those games. Be warey.

I'll buy the alien ware 14"

Considering that for the most Mac Users an iMac is a Mac, because no one can really afford the money for a decent Mac Pro, and they always are outdated when it comes to graphics power, I do not want to see all those forum posts about how sluggish the game runs on their glorious Macs. One has to be fair, an iMac is a computer that fits perfectly in the living room, but it is not suited for games requiring much processing and graphic power. On my work I have a late 2011 Core i5 iMac with 12 GB and Radeon HD 6750M and it sucks on all levels.

I believe it would be a good move for the developers to make a Mac version.

Go check the Steam Mac Games page, more than 700 titles available, from Half-Life to Red Orchestra, the market is there and waiting.

I support this, so should you all.

Moved to General Discussion.

Thanks for the support boneboyz, if any of you sign the petition it would mean a lot

I would have signed, but I don't care for the spam they promise to send.

The only reason I would have signed was to hasten the Linux version, BTW.

:)

Given the size of the DayZ dev team, i think it would be a pretty poor decision to put many manhours into porting the game. There are several DayZ clones appearing on the horizon and it would be a massive shame if the game that started it all flopped because of mission creep. SOE have effectively started a race to publish a working zombie survival MMO and they have a lot more grunt than BI could ever even dream of. If the game launches successfully and there are resources available to port it (or even farm it out to the 3rd party for Mac conversion) that might be a way to get a few more pennies out of the game, but to do it now would be a pretty tough decision to justify financially.

Oh man , you are wasting your effort, you already have an intel pc processor inside your mac!!  

Just buy a copy of windows and use bootcamp to boot native to PC when you want to play games...   easy peasy

How can people not know this ??  :)

You already can play on DayZ using a mac using bootcamp, a bootable USB of Windows (Can download a legal trial of Windows 8.1 Enterprise on the mdsn part of the site , albeit low settings because the graphics card looks about 10 years old.

However, I'm in favour and always will be, even when I get my new desktop, games should be universal.

But right now, the development team HAVE to concentrate on making it a stable game first.

Edited by Pazzmon

No-Go buy a real computer.

don't hate on mac because you can't afford one ;)  jokes

on the real I've used mac, windows and sometimes linux for many years and can tell you that Mac OSX is hands down the best overall operating system for getting things done / work .

No other OS is remotely close for speed, simplicity, UI and stability. And I use Windows often also so I'm not a just a MAc fanboy.  Is it the best value and would suggest to people? No.  But best operating systems for sure.

T

Considering that for the most Mac Users an iMac is a Mac, because no one can really afford the money for a decent Mac Pro, and they always are outdated when it comes to graphics power, I do not want to see all those forum posts about how sluggish the game runs on their glorious Macs. One has to be fair, an iMac is a computer that fits perfectly in the living room, but it is not suited for games requiring much processing and graphic power. On my work I have a late 2011 Core i5 iMac with 12 GB and Radeon HD 6750M and it sucks on all levels.

I reallllllyy don't think the iMac is as popular as you think it is among people who would actually be attempting to game. Also, I play DayZ at full settings on my '11 MacBook Pro with the same GPU as your "business computer" and it will still kick at 20+ FPS. I don't play it on full settings because I prefer an FPS higher than that, just saying it's capable of it. Your post wreaks of not having a clue about computers.

No-Go buy a real computer.

You're so hilarious. You should get paid a lot of money to write jokes.

I reallllllyy don't think the iMac is as popular as you think it is among people who would actually be attempting to game. Also, I play DayZ at full settings on my '11 MacBook Pro with the same GPU as your "business computer" and it will still kick at 20+ FPS. I don't play it on full settings because I prefer an FPS higher than that, just saying it's capable of it. Your post wreaks of not having a clue about computers.

So do did u bootcamp ur mac? or running parallels?

Maybe I do not know about, but maybe I do. Who knows. People who really want to game with gorgeous graphics and high FPS buy a PC.

Your MacBook has an i7. Good choice. That is a fairly good cpu. It should also beat my FX.

But to get back to the topic, the most people buy the entry level machines and considering that you cannot upgrade them and given the price, they do not exchange the machines often. And why should they. I think they build very good machines for work, hobby and commonplace things. But they are mostly not suited for extensive gaming on a long term. That is my opinion and you have yours. If you are satisfied with the results of your MacBook, then I am happy for you.

I doubt that there will be a Mac-Version. Installing Windows on your Mac is very easy, but developing a version for OSX is not. This is more than just firing up a compiler and feed him the source code. But I expect you know that.

https://www.change.org/petitions/bohemia-interactive-dayz-stand-alone-for-mac#share

Everyone help DayZ get onto macs. Us mac gamers are just like you PC gamers and we deserve a right to play this game without boot camping our system or whatever!

So please sign the petition :D thanks

I signed your petition. Contrary to my opinion about Macs I think that software should not be limited to one platform. 

I signed your petition. Contrary to my opinion about Macs I think that software should not be limited to one platform. 

Thanks man, means a lot. I respect your opinion

There's more chance of a PS/Xbox port before we'll see a Mac compatible version, if there's ever one at all which is a pity but really, there's no gaming market for a Mac is there other than a few sales? So really the question is, what do BIS want to halt development on so they can make a few extra sales on a Mac? That dev time is going to cost them PC sales.