Sign in to follow this  
arykai

Video Making Advice?

TL;DR
1) Any way to get aerial camera angles for camera work in DayZ Mod or DayZ Standalone?
2) Is there any way to host a DayZ Standalone server on my PC for private use with friends? 

!!!WARNING!!!
The following is my original post and contains high levels of stupidity. Read only if you want rage.
Lessons learned include:
A ) Being sure to explain myself thoroughly
B ) Getting straight to the point and
C ) Making sure to cure myself of
the Stupid Noob Debuff that has a negative  effect on posts on forums.

Original Post.
Hello fellow survivors!

My name is Arykai and I have an idea for a short video series for a story in DayZ Standalone. Though I need some help.
I'd just like to know if it's possible to host a DayZ Standalone server on my computer to use as an acting set with my friends. Also if there's some mod/hack that would permit me to fly and get better camera angles. I understand that hacks and cheats aren't acceptable in the game, but they do exist. I intend on using them to achieve my creative goals and uninstall them when I play the game for fun. After all, nothing ruins the survivability  like flying around. Hosting my own server would keep player files separate from public servers too so no worries about farming gear then going on a rampage. 

I've never attempted something like this before so any help would be greatly appreciated. 
If there's an even better way to accomplish this idea please let me know.

FfLkDHH.jpg

(potential name of potential series)

Edited by Arykai

So you just admitted that you're going to hack. Is this a troll, or am I misunderstanding here?

I understand that hacks and cheats aren't acceptable in the game, but they do exist. I intend on using them to achieve my creative goals and uninstall them when I play the game for fun

no....

Edited by Zedertone

Do not hack to achieve a moveable camera angle..

just go into the DayZ mods and there are non-hacks that allow you to be a seagull and you can achieve what you wish. 

For SA you are limited to your players viewpoint only. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Do not hack to achieve a moveable camera angle..

just go into the DayZ mods and there are non-hacks that allow you to be a seagull and you can achieve what you wish. 

For SA you are limited to your players viewpoint only. 

Since I've never done anything like this I appreciate you letting me know there's a way to achieve this without hacking. I'll have to look into the DayZ Mod lists to see what I can use. I had hoped to capture in SA. I may just have to deal with not being able to get certain camera angles. 

Thank you.

Why would you use hacks for better camera angles... ?

Wait for the game to release private hives and modding capabilities.

._.

Since I've never done anything like this I appreciate you letting me know there's a way to achieve this without hacking. I'll have to look into the DayZ Mod lists to see what I can use. I had hoped to capture in SA. I may just have to deal with not being able to get certain camera angles. 

Thank you.

Not a problem.. the reason you do not ever want to ever, ever hack for any reason is: Global Ban. 

Not worth it by any stretch of the imagination. 

I would absolutely not advise hacking whatsoever.

If you want some good scenic shots of Chernarus there are ways of importing the map into the Arma 3 editor. 

Any action shots that you want you're just gonna have to get creative and have someone in your squad as camera man to get into certain positions and capture events.