Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Allow one handed weapon attack with flashlight

I bet all of us have experienced the same situation more or less.

We cross a city at night,and some random bambie tries to punch you unconcious.

While you are holding your flashlight you have no means for defence

and when you turn it off to equip your melee weapon,you have 0 visibility.

I propose to change that,allowing the one handed weapons to be equipped along

with the flashlight (hammers,knives,pistols etc).In my opinion this will also help decrease

the current nightime gamma exploiting problem.

flashlight.jpg
harriesstanceandgrip.jpg

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 3

Yep, equipping one handed melee weapons  and guns would be awesome, also I think you should be able to run at full speed wielding a flashlight like Dayz Mod, right now wielding a flashlight make's you slow and vulnerable, the same for pistols, I think you should be able to run at full speed while wielding pistols also.

Maybe the accuracy for pistols and damage for melee should be reduced while wielding a flashlight and one handed weapon at the same time?

Edited by Wili

Only metal flashlights....like cops have. Cuz quite honestly you're not going to do shit with a plastic flashlight against anything other than piss it off.

Only metal flashlights....like cops have. Cuz quite honestly you're not going to do shit with a plastic flashlight against anything other than piss it off.

Lol,no it seems you misunderstood my post :)

I'm talking about equiping flashlight+one handed weapon,not

a flashlight attack (like WarZ).

A plastic flashlight hurst as much as a metal one if i hit you with the butt...maybe it's even sturdier than the head it's beeing banged on, don't underestimate modern plastics quite a few modern guns are made out of them or have a majority of parts made out of them. A simple tube is pretty sturdy even a roled magazine can cause a lot of pain to the one beeing hit with it if you use it the right way.

A plastic flashlight hurst as much as a metal one if i hit you with the butt..

Not even close lmao. The metal has a MUCH better chance of fracturing a skull and splitting skin.  A plastic one would break after a few bashes..obviously depends on the quality of plastic but regardless wouldnt last long. 

don't underestimate modern plastics quite a few modern guns are made out of them or have a majority of parts made out of them.

Yes they do, but thats not a reliable firearm, at least not long term.  You accidentally drop a gun with plastic on it and its my bet it will crack/ break over 50% of the time if it hits a hard surface such as hardwood or concrete. 

. A simple tube is pretty sturdy even a roled magazine can cause a lot of pain to the one beeing hit with it if you use it the right way.

This makes perfect sense and I know what you mean but if used for kicking ass I dont think a flashlight would last past one fight and most definately not work if you beat something to death with it.  Im saying that metal is a harder, sturdier, more reliable material then plastic and as compared to a metal flashlight, I wouldnt be nearly as worried to get hit by it in the dome.

Lol,no it seems you misunderstood my post :)

I'm talking about equiping flashlight+one handed weapon,not

a flashlight attack (like WarZ).

Ohhh, i see, like a flashlight + Machete combo...

That would take the machete from a "okay" weapon in daytime to invaluable at nightime as you could use it with a light to illuminate your enemies.  Great idea dude.

Even better, the concept of players having TWO hands should be implemented. The "Hands" zone at the bottom of the inventory screen should split in two ; one side for each hand. If an object should be handled with two hands, just make the said object use both zones. This way you could, say, hold 2 cans, a can and a flashlight, a machete and a brass knuckle. You could punch from your off-hand with your right-click (which doesn't affect breath holding, as most weapons uses both hands). It could also have limitations ; say, you can have a pistol in right hand and a knife or flashlight in your left hand, but not a pistol and a can of beans. 

17 hours ago, xSpykeXx said:

Even better, the concept of players having TWO hands should be implemented. The "Hands" zone at the bottom of the inventory screen should split in two ; one side for each hand. If an object should be handled with two hands, just make the said object use both zones. This way you could, say, hold 2 cans, a can and a flashlight, a machete and a brass knuckle. You could punch from your off-hand with your right-click (which doesn't affect breath holding, as most weapons uses both hands). It could also have limitations ; say, you can have a pistol in right hand and a knife or flashlight in your left hand, but not a pistol and a can of beans. 

This.

On 4/22/2014 at 11:54 AM, Wili said:

Yep, equipping one handed melee weapons  and guns would be awesome, also I think you should be able to run at full speed wielding a flashlight like Dayz Mod, right now wielding a flashlight make's you slow and vulnerable, the same for pistols, I think you should be able to run at full speed while wielding pistols also.

Maybe the accuracy for pistols and damage for melee should be reduced while wielding a flashlight and one handed weapon at the same time?

Oh yeah? go outside and try to run at full speed while aiming or lighting your way to not fall lol

On 13/09/2016 at 7:17 PM, exwoll said:

Oh yeah? go outside and try to run at full speed while aiming or lighting your way to not fall lol

It's actually not that hard. Just imagine a relay race, except you need the stick up front. Very doable.