Sign in to follow this  
RagedDrew

Glitched ammo for M4

So I've just watched a YouTube video when 48 seconds in I notice he's got one of them glitched M4 mags that give you unlimited ammo, how would I go about reporting him, and would the DEVs be able to track him down via the YouTube channel alone?

I wouldn't say glitching in an alpha is a banable offence, otherwise you'd be banning everyone.

That's not to say it's unethical.

Cheating and "hacking" on the other end....

• Like 1

Well having a mag that gives unlimited ammo is cheating is it not?

I wouldn't say glitching in an alpha is a banable offence, otherwise you'd be banning everyone.

That's not to say it's unethical.

Cheating and "hacking" on the other end....

Isn't knowing and still using it kind of cheating?

• Like 1

Well having a mag that gives unlimited ammo is cheating is it not?

yeah but the question is did he looted it from a body or did he used the glitch to get the ammo?

both are shit, but i dont think both is on the same stage to be punished

Edited by newguyzombie
  • Like 1

yeah but the question is did he looted it from a body or did he used the glitch to get the ammo?

You know the term cling together, swing together? A guy making others beat up somebody is as guilty ( actually even more ) as the guys who did the beating. Don't confuse it with someone running a red light with you on the passenger seat.

Generally I would say at this stage it's an offense, if you find one on a body leave it there and hide it or drop it somewhere where others can't find it.

The glitch is known being looked at and in no way does it need to be reproduced further. Clinging on the a mag with glitched ammo even for "testing" purposes after it's been so thoroughly pointed out is just bad behavior.

But again I wouldn't say banning him or others for using/abusing glitched is a bit extreme considering this is an alpha after all.

That is to say I've died multiple times due to these kind of people glitching inside prison buildings, behind/below the hangar etc.. and as a person who enjoys playing a game fair this is frustrating, and honestly I would love to see these people banned, however looking at it more objectively again it's an extreme measure for a minor offense.

Wallhacking/aimbotting etc.. those people should (even in an alpha) should be banned for life, as they're simply preying on the enjoyment of others for the sake of a laugh. Running into a glitch is different imo.

Again it's grey-ish area but as punishment wise goes I'd say an incremental time based ban should be applicable for abusing glitches but since something like that isn't present ..

tl;dr using a crappy analogy:

There's only one punishment - "death penalty"

someone sees an opportunity to steal something and takes it - (abusing a glitch)

someone willingly plans murder - (using cheats)

In either scenario there's only one punishment available, but honestly you wouldn't condemn the opportunist to a death penalty, even though his behavior is to be frowned upon.

• Like 2

Some people got those glitched magazines with unlimited ammo from body of original hacker/glitcher.

• Like 1

I've never had one and never seen one in game but seeing as it clearly shows different numbers than a "normal" mag it's hard not to notice that something isn't right and it shouldn't matter how or where he got it.

Edit:

All I want to know is how do I report it (using his own video as proof) and will the people who deal with rule breakers be able to track said player via his video?

Edited by RagedDrew

Generally I would say at this stage it's an offense, if you find one on a body leave it there and hide it or drop it somewhere where others can't find it.

yeah hide body is the best choise in this situation