Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Experimental Server - Tonight 9pm PST - Come find me, or my bullets.

EDIT: DOING THIS AGAIN TONIGHT ON EXP. SERVERS.. I WANT TO EAT PEOPLE. :)

Another small event from me tonight.. no warning as usual. Whoever sees this, gets to join if they want. 

I will be recording my part of this event and will post an edit version afterword here if the OP stays up. 

Experimental Servers - Unknown server yet since they are always full these dayz.

Description - I will trek from undisclosed location into the NWAF. I will not already be there waiting. You can ambush me if you like. I am a man of my word, and essentially want you to kill me so dying is of no concern to me. But I want to eat anyone I can kill and skin.. so watch out.

Time - Approx. 9pm PST  is start time. It will go until I get full or someone kills me. 

I will not go down easy if I can help it. I have plenty of gear to withstand a long firefight and being wounded several times. I intend to fight for my life so do NOT come planning on my laying down so you can shoot me. Plan on a firefight. Hopefully you get it. Otherwise it will just be a round in the head for one of us. Or of course me eating someone. :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

It looks like I will be posting the new server for todays event, Nov. 17th 2014 at around 8pm PST or later.. starts at 9pm. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I just killed someone who was either hunting me or those who intended to loot the tents at the NWAF. Purple pack, black SKS.. tons of food. Body buried. 

1 bagged and tagged for me so far.. lets see where this goes.

Edited by lrish

Is this on Hardcore, because i cannot find your name "[CEF]Irish" on US-02 server?

Logged off to help my baby at around 11:30-45 or so.. not sure. About 10-15 mins ago. Sorry man.. Ill get back on in a second here if he stays asleep

Video of what happened during the hour that I was on.. wish I could have stayed on longer, it was just getting good! But my baby boy comes first. Im off for the night.. enjoy the video

Why do people think, that someone will actually show up? Its basically like saying "go there, I will be waiting for you, and I will kill you"

Why do people think, that someone will actually show up? Its basically like saying "go there, I will be waiting for you, and I will kill you"

Because he's Irish. Everyone wants to kill or be killed by the gingers.

• Like 3

Question, how many hours do you have racked up on the standalone? Not that I dont believe you , but I find it near impossible to go several hundred hours without dying in a gunfight. You must avoid ppl at all costs or just wait and hide in bushes like a ninja.

Anywho , I'm up for this.

• Like 1

Question, how many hours do you have racked up on the standalone? Not that I dont believe you , but I find it near impossible to go several hundred hours without dying in a gunfight. You must avoid ppl at all costs or just wait and hide in bushes like a ninja.

He's probably just a tree monkey who populates 2-3 man servers.

That's unfair, not everybody is a wriggly worm.

Don't be so mean. :(

• Like 1

Ive been playing the mods since Dec of 2012. I have nearly 100 hours in the Standalone. You believe what you wish, but I have never been killed and have killed well over 50 players at this point. One time I was killed but I literally did it on purpose. I ran up to a bandit squad that had just blown up the gas station and proceeded to flip one of them off about 1 foot from his face. That is my only death so far from another player.

Negative. I typically play on servers that have about 10 free slots or less. 

That's unfair, not everybody is a wriggly worm.

Don't be so mean. :(

Its not really mean. Its more so their own internal issues. I have no problem believing someones story, why even care if they lied? Its a story.. like it hurts your feelings if some guy feels better when he lies about his video game prowess.

I personally dont feel better talking about it, nor would I ever get gratification from lying about a video game.. I feel better playing, and if they want to think that someone could not be killed once in almost 100 hours of playing this game then that is their issue not mine. Ive logged well over 1,000 hours in the DayZ mods with about 90% coming while playing in a large, coordinated KOS clan. I have plenty of experience, and the one thing that is keeping me alive is my situational awareness. In this game if someone sees you first, you're dead. So far Ive been lucky to not have been seen first. That's all there is to it. ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

They did show up. And I did say, "Go there, you can be waiting for me, and you can kill me."

All of the community events I have been to so far have not been trolls that were lying, trying to bait people. They have all been genuine.

If you walk through life doubting everything you will never get to experience it fully. Good luck.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

I've been playing for 2.5 years from the mod to the standalone, only died once to a player. He shot me with a mosin as I paused to loot a barrack. Any firefight I've been in, in which I can actually see the player or know he is there ends with him dead. Its not being a "tree-monkey" its called having situational awareness. Many players lack this and run along the airstrips thinking they are invisible. Nice shot Irish. 1 bullet kills always fill me with joy because its not an easy feat.

• Like 1

I've been playing for 2.5 years from the mod to the standalone, only died once to a player. He shot me with a mosin as I paused to loot a barrack. Any firefight I've been in, in which I can actually see the player or know he is there ends with him dead. Its not being a "tree-monkey" its called having situational awareness. Many players lack this and run along the airstrips thinking they are invisible. Nice shot Irish. 1 bullet kills always fill me with joy because its not an easy feat.

Thank you.. and I did sort of strut around the house, later on after I got that kill.. I have to admit it made me feel damn good as there was just the smallest sliver of the top of his head to shoot at. Most of my kills are within a few feet, CQB. Im not much for long range engagements as they tend to bore me. But this was me being hunted, so there was nothing boring about it. ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Ive been playing the mods since Dec of 2012. I have nearly 100 hours in the Standalone. You believe what you wish, but I have never been killed and have killed well over 50 players at this point. One time I was killed but I literally did it on purpose. I ran up to a bandit squad that had just blown up the gas station and proceeded to flip one of them off about 1 foot from his face. That is my only death so far from another player.

Negative. I typically play on servers that have about 10 free slots or less. 

Its not really mean. Its more so their own internal issues. I have no problem believing someones story, why even care if they lied? Its a story.. like it hurts your feelings if some guy feels better when he lies about his video game prowess.

I personally dont feel better talking about it, nor would I ever get gratification from lying about a video game.. I feel better playing, and if they want to think that someone could not be killed once in almost 100 hours of playing this game then that is their issue not mine. Ive logged well over 1,000 hours in the DayZ mods with about 90% coming while playing in a large, coordinated KOS clan. I have plenty of experience, and the one thing that is keeping me alive is my situational awareness. In this game if someone sees you first, your dead. So far Ive been lucky to not have been seen first. That's all there is to it. ;)

I just avoid people entirely, I'm more of a medic who doesn't like medic clans. Don't like KOSers too much, as usually, unless they're in your way, there's usually no reason to kill somebody, and since I'll watch all around me for about a minute before I move, I don't get spotted first often, and I just avoid if I can. Maybe kill if both see eachother at the same time. indoors and I'm surprised.

• Like 1

There should be more events like this, but the devs doesn't want to implement "side chat/channel" like in the mod, with which these events could be easily aranged, bur instead one must write in the forum for such a thing, because it "kills immersion".

• Like 1

Video of what happened during the hour that I was on.. wish I could have stayed on longer, it was just getting good! But my baby boy comes first. Im off for the night.. enjoy the video

Next time please warn us if your going to post a horrible video that just shows you looking around uneventfully and then claiming to have killed a sniper while the video wasn't recording. I was expecting to see something good.

Also, you've never died.....you're full of shit.

Great idea for an event, horrible video. Don't watch, waste of time.

• Like 1

I usually join empty servers, climb into towers and eat bananas

• Like 2

Not saying I didnt believe you. perhaps I worded it wrong.

May I ask what your loadout is? If your using an M4 you must have a marginal amount of luck due to the desync always being in your favor. If your taking the LRC approach its understandable to live that long as long as you keep a good hide and rotate your positioning. 

The longest I had a single character survive is 30 some hours but that was using LRS Mosin / PU SKS with minimal CQC. Prob between 40-70 kills (I don't count, just a rough guess)

In my experience CQC with the M4 is really iffy due to no clipping and desync issues.

In 365 hours I've died atleast 30-40 times while full geared. (90% of the time using m4). 

In the case you are a preffered M4 user, I would like to square off with you one day.

• Like 1

Next time please warn us if your going to post a horrible video that just shows you looking around uneventfully and then claiming to have killed a sniper while the video wasn't recording. I was expecting to see something good.

Also, you've never died.....you're full of shit.

Great idea for an event, horrible video. Don't watch, waste of time.

You going to be okay?  :|

Not saying I didnt believe you. perhaps I worded it wrong. I did not think you were doubting me, I simply stated you may believe what you wish.. sort of preemptively.

May I ask what your loadout is? It changes as I get bored and suicide from time to time, or give my gear away in a mini-event which has happened on numerous occasions. 

In the case you are a preffered M4 user, I would like to square off with you one day. I am a preferred M4 user, who prefers CQB combat within urban settings. And look for my next event, same style as this last one. I plan on making it in Zelenogorsk or a similar town. 

• Like 1

i've met Irish. Several times. He did not killed me. I've been killed so many times (unlike him) because i don't shot back. I plan to defend my self on EXP from now on, but not on stable whatsoever.

Good luck Irish, if someone manages to kill you eventually, let me know where to come with "supplies".

Edited by mugur
  • Like 1

You going to be okay?  :|

Yes, just annoyed that I wasted my time with that video.

If you've never died then gear up on a stable HC server and let's do this thing again, me vs. you?

I'll meet you anywhere and even let you call it and post up prior to my arrival.

• Like 1