Sign in to follow this  
AnyoneInCherno?

Food and it's Energy

Before i write this, be warned i am a bit tired, so bear with me.

Now, i do not believe this has been suggested before, i searched, and nothing caught my eye about it, so might as well toss it in here. Different foods should not give you a set amount of "energy" and be done with that. Certain foods should have certain properties. If they add sugary foods, then those should give you a larger boost of energy. However, it is a short lived burst, just like in real life, and too much can lead to a sudden decrease in energy after a while. However, more "food" foods should give you less energy, but it is longer lasting. Candy bars could be the "pep pills" of DayZ per say.

Thoughts? Ideas? Critique? Malicious Anger? Put it below, i love to see my notification box go red :D

Malicious Anger? 

I hate you and everything you stand for. <3 Kidding.

Seriously though, I think something along these lines has been suggested before.

I just hope once cooking is released, it's beneficial to actually make a real " Meal " instead of just eating cans.

I just hope once cooking is released, it's beneficial to actually make a real " Meal " instead of just eating cans.

If anything,it should taste a hell of a lot better B)

Pop is like that in a way is it not ?

I seem to think it fill's you up food wise as well as hydrating you,same as canned peaches

whereas rice and maybe cereal also,dry you out hydration wise

Yes though,benificial food,vitamins and minerals,omega 3's if we ever get to eat more fish than sardines  :D

Great idea!

Before i write this, be warned i am a bit tired, so bear with me.

Now, i do not believe this has been suggested before, i searched, and nothing caught my eye about it, so might as well toss it in here. Different foods should not give you a set amount of "energy" and be done with that. Certain foods should have certain properties. If they add sugary foods, then those should give you a larger boost of energy. However, it is a short lived burst, just like in real life, and too much can lead to a sudden decrease in energy after a while. However, more "food" foods should give you less energy, but it is longer lasting. Candy bars could be the "pep pills" of DayZ per say.

Thoughts? Ideas? Critique? Malicious Anger? Put it below, i love to see my notification box go red :D

As much as I like, want it. I just don't think it should be in. Good idea, but no.  As Dean mentioned before, any energy or "stamina" like things in the game are not going to be in because the map is HUGE so going 200m will give you a heartattack and make the game already as time consuming as it is. Like I said, like it. Can't have it.

Maybe a simple mechanic could be to add a separate "health"value that determines how fast you use up energy/hydration. Eating unhealthy foods would decrease this value which in turn causes your energy to deplete faster. You could then keep drinking soda etc but you would then lose energy faster. Eating full meals would give a bonus to the value which would in turn let you keep energy for longer.

• Like 1

Great idea! I love it.

Especially when, cooking has come into the game.

It will give a little more DayZ feeling!

• Like 1

Add some Canned Ragu , also i would like to see canning process in game, when we will have to hunt, so we can store our food we just made by boiling etc.
And i like your idea, there is a lot of work to do to make ppl think what to eat in different situations.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Why you can run while stuffed(even brown) and do not get volvulus ???