Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Increase traffic inland by removing the tents at Balota

I've thought of their eastern spawn point moves more as a placeholder to attempt to both somewhat equalize the chance of getting good loot and to also attempt to make people travel a little, while they worked on filling more gaps. I don't think it's their end game, but it is effective. I get a little sad seeing piles of instant gratification or un-experienced new players fist fighting on the coast while I run to cherno and clean house with literally no one there. I might feel that way for now, but it is what it is. I like exploring, but then again I came from the mod when it just started and have a little history on DayZ as a whole to help with my SA experiences.

Heh im glad that they made loot only spawn on server restart. (at least that my understanding). While I still prefer the mod as the SA simply lacks the kind of content that makes dayZ fun for me right now it is refreshing having to re-learn things.

After playing Mod since the days of spawning with pistols in official, you know all the loot spawns to memory and that if you cycle X building sooner or later you'll get this or that.

I agree, I barely ever see people at Balota!!! With 257 hours I can count all the people I've seen at Balota.

1 guy with a big orange backpack running towards tent city

2 irish kids in the glitch wall arguing with me about weather or not scotland is in the UK

3-4 clan members that owned the server I was on and they were protecting the airbase.

To be honest, I want them to move the spawns back near Balota, but to REALLY tone down the loot you can get there. I really like to snipe down on to Balota from Cherno Towers... Hehe...

*PS - Those encounters were only when I was ON the airfield. I've seen more while sniping, but you always see tons of people while sniping no matter what city/airfield you're looking onto.

Well, yeah. Usually when you're looting a base, even on low-pop servers, you want to get through as quickly (but also as thoroughly) as possible. However, when you're sniping, you just sit around for long periods of time so you catch the other people who pop in. It's amazing how close some people have actually gotten to running into eachother without doing so, but that's the whole problem with the new spawns; everyone who goes west rarely sees eachother, and the east is nearly impossible to find friends for long because of the bandits roving the coast shooting newspawns, snipers in the towns, and the general chaos.

Well, yeah. Usually when you're looting a base, even on low-pop servers, you want to get through as quickly (but also as thoroughly) as possible. However, when you're sniping, you just sit around for long periods of time so you catch the other people who pop in. It's amazing how close some people have actually gotten to running into eachother without doing so, but that's the whole problem with the new spawns; everyone who goes west rarely sees eachother, and the east is nearly impossible to find friends for long because of the bandits roving the coast shooting newspawns, snipers in the towns, and the general chaos.

Yeah, I've turned to clans for fun in DayZ. Until more of my friends get the game, at least. I rarely go west anymore, though. Right now I'm at NWAF. Idk why I went there *sigh*