Sign in to follow this  
Jiggly Ritz

Soda Can Supressor

So I had the idea recently to add craftable soda can suppressors to the game. The suppressor would be made with a rag and a  soda can, and could then be attached to your weapon. However, due to the suppressors questionable quality, it would be limited to about a magazine's worth of shots (roughly 7 to 10 shots) before it would break, and you would have to craft a new one. It would also not be as quiet as the high grade suppressors in the game, making a real suppressor more desirable. This would be great for quick loot runs where you want to pick off zombies quietly.

Tell me what you guys think.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

A soda can suppressor would be about as effective with a supersonic 5.56 round as trying to convince Westboro that Gays aren't evil with a logical argument.

• Like 4

unrealistic... sry

this wont work in rl too

the only thing that happen is that u woke up in a hospital with 2-3 less fingers...

kids dont try this @ home ;)

Edited by quantum2k6

lol, I know its extremely unrealistic, but it would be so pointlessly fun! Why wouldn't you want one? 

unrealistic... sry

this wont work in rl too

the only thing that happen is that u woke up in a hospital with 2-3 less fingers...

kids dont try this @ home ;)

Going to try. 

unrealistic pointless

Hello There

thats as close as yer gonna get and devs are aware.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 8

Hello There

Rgds

LoK

hickok45! :D :D

take my beans orlok, take them.

• Like 1

I've imagined how it would look an a mosin :DD I'm ROFL'ing so hard right now. That long weapon and a can of Pipsi on it AAAA!!!

Just imagine, a little squeaker bandit walks up on you with a soda can sticking off of his gun and demands you to give up your gear, and you promptly laugh in his face and get shot! It would be amazing!

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

Hello There

Rgds

LoK

the core and connection barrel inside of this "can" "oilfilter" surpressor is a special part that only get sold in the usa... so how did this things come on the iland? u CANT build such a thing with just a rag and a can... u need special parts that fit exactly onto the barrel otherwise it can go really ugly...

Edit: AND its an oil filter he used in the video... it has threads inside...

this is not mac gyver the game or A-Team #2

so its unrealistic...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

the core and connectionbaarrel inside of this "can" surpressor is a special part that only get sold in the usa... so how did this things come on the iland? u CANT build such a thing with just a rag and a can... u need special parts that fit exactly onto the barrel otherwise it can go really ugly...

this is not mac gyver the game or a team part 2

The same way the M4s came in...? They only added Mosins and SKSs and made them better than the M4s so the "authentic" shouters would shut up.

Edited by Enforcer

the core and connectionbaarrel inside of this "can" surpressor is a special part that only get sold in the usa... so how did this things come on the iland? u CANT build such a thing with just a rag and a can... u need special parts that fit exactly onto the barrel otherwise it can go really ugly...

Hello there

Its just the adapter that goes on the end of the weapon. The "core" is the can/filter. But yes, rare.

Note its also a .22lr.

Rgds

LoK

this is not mac gyver the game or a team part 2

But it is still a game, the rules can be bent a bit for a game, especially when it would really only be for shits and giggles lol.

...only be for shits and giggles lol.

imo theres enough "shits and giggles"...

we need more content.. not more gun modifications... sry

• Like 1

Search Function is a lost art...

Sure if you want it go ahead.

I really dont care much for suppressors, melee is silent enough.

imo theres enough "shits and giggles"...

we need more content.. not more gun modifications... sry

Well, we still have a whole alpha and beta process for them to not add this to the game, so maybe if I wait long enough and consult my magic mirror it will be added.

*Me 2 mins. later: "Mirror mirror on the wall, will the Dayz devs add soda can suppressors"

*Mirror in response: "NO!"

Guess that sums this up... bummer.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

Where did you find a similar topic because believe it or not I did search for this topic before posting.

A potatoe inside of a water bottle,now that we actually have both them items in the game...

stuck on the end of a barrel would not be unrealistic,especially for the 10/22 sporter  ;)

The same way the M4s came in...? They only added Mosins and SKSs and made them better than the M4s so the "authentic" shouters would shut up.

Entirely untrue. M4A1's are in Chernarus as a remnant of the USMC coming in to try and control the virus (ARMA II DayZ Mod Lore). The Mosin and SKS were added because they would have been common within the civilians and militia within the country itself.

• Like 2

Trust me, if you are in to looting on 40 player servers with your clan, you want to be as quiet and efficient as possible. Many of us carry .22lr pistols, and our snipers don't even shoot most of the time, they just watch and tell us where people are so we can avoid them. If we had suppressors, we could shoot with no worries of enemy snipers or just normal enemies sneaking up on us and taking us out. IMO, suppressors should be fixed NEXT UPDATE.

• Like 1

Suppressors aren't the magic "Cone of Silence" Hollywood portrays them to be. Can silencers would be even less so, so essentially pointless to add in. No thankyou.

All silencers can do is change a BLAM!!! into a BLAM.

• Like 1

Suppressors aren't the magic "Cone of Silence" Hollywood portrays them to be. Can silencers would be even less so, so essentially pointless to add in. No thankyou.

All silencers can do is change a BLAM!!! into a BLAM.

You apparently have never been on the opposite end of a gun with a suppressor.

Entirely untrue. M4A1's are in Chernarus as a remnant of the USMC coming in to try and control the virus (ARMA II DayZ Mod Lore). The Mosin and SKS were added because they would have been common within the civilians and militia within the country itself.

So....and where would that be documented?

You apparently have never been on the opposite end of a gun with a suppressor.

While it will makes the shot itself unhearable beyond 50-100m the bullet itself is audible and if you know how supersonic shockwaves work you will have a general direction of where the shooter is. The thing that tells you away the most inside those 50-100 meters is still the report from a gun even if it is muffled and of course the action of the gun be it automatic or bolt action ( they still make a distinctive noise ) and if you happen to be in a DayZ environment lacking any mechanical noise ( no cars for now, no working machines, no background noise caused by human civilization etc. ) where the only things you hear are grunting zeds and the report of a gun it can only be latter.

Edited by Enforcer