DMentMan

Military Tents Spawn To Much Loot?

So i went to bolota to get some ammo for my M4, i decided to go to the tents and loot them.

I found so much gear, 3 long range scopes, over 450 5.56 ammo, 2  300-roundboxe´s, and lots of other stuff, i did not server-hop,

i just think this is a little to much gear that spawns in the tents, here is also a picture of my current character:

ztqDoNw.jpg

what are your thought about this? is the tent loot overpowered or not?

BTW its my birthday!

edit: also my friend got a ton of gear (same server)

Edited by DMentMan

Yup, way too much stuff EVERYWHERE. Not just the Mil Tents. Spawn rates need a massive reducing. 

Still it's awesome that loot spawns in more places than before.

• Like 2

i agree with you OP. i think that's why half the loot spawns were turned off. i love the ones that work again in the houses makes small towns useful again. wish more bolts would spawn i have found only one.

• Like 1

Yeah, i've noticed about double the loot than normal. I saw about 3 assualt vests, 2 m4's and about 10 mags in the tents in a run through it. Even found a 1911 and 2 mags for it in the same tent, pretty neat.

I don't think it's bad. I think it all spawns with the idea in mind that not just one person is going to be there gearing up, but a full server or at the very least a group of people. If you go in there an try to take everything, you won't fit it all so there's always things left for the next guy, and probably the guy after him.

Now once proper loot respawning is in place, it may be just a tad too much, because that's where everyone will go if they need gear with a high chance of finding a weapon. And they will all be sniper bait.

Offtopic, though... Seriously? 3 LRSs? Even when the loot was fixed initially, I ran to an untouched NWAF and still never found a single LRS anywhere. I still just end up killing people for them

• Like 5

Yes but its only at Balota... maybe a little OTT but also a dangerous to be... And with most people at NE now it is quite a trek, took me almost 2h the other night from Svelto

Edited by zeroy99

i agree with you OP. i think that's why half the loot spawns were turned off. i love the ones that work again in the houses makes small towns useful again. wish more bolts would spawn i have found only one.

I believe there was an issue with loot and basically a lot was not spawning as it should have.

Offtopic, though... Seriously? 3 LRSs?

lol, yeah, you can have one if you want

Not really. If you are on a 40 player server it's still hard to find loot in them. Better yet try on the 100 player servers on experimental.

that's what I've been playin on is the 100 hundred man its nice but the damn ambient sounds will drive you crazy, you can hear footsteps of other players see chats and sodas/zeds/reloading. and theres no one around get annoying but still fun. its like my character is crazy well that's my reasoning for it.

Military spawns are out of control but not only how much loot they spawn but how many military spawns there is.

The mod had it right. it had 2 major military loot locations , 3 smaller ones.

Yes but its only at Balota... maybe a little OTT but also a dangerous to be...

Balota really isn't that dangerous anymore since nobody spawns over that way, at lest on stable. I ran there once and only found 1 guy, that never even saw me hiding in a tree scoping the place out. He lucked out too. I was just about to kill him but the zombie he shot of course respawned almost right on top of me and I had to run away to kill it without him noticing me, and when I came back he had disappeared into the trees

lol, yeah, you can have one if you want

Lol thanks. I appreciate the offer (or attempt to bait me into a bad situation ;) ) but I took a break from sniping. My entire group ended up with mosins the other night except my fiancé who is admittedly still pretty new and was a bit drunk that night. We got wrecked in CQB.

• Like 1

Military spawns are out of control but not only how much loot they spawn but how many military spawns there is.

This, yeah. I think nerfing Balota to one prison and one or two barracks and two tents would fix it. NWAF would still be the mack daddy with the tents now spawning lots of stuff and NEAF is pretty good compared to what it used to be. Add a few tents to Stary again and it's all good.

Just like SA then :p

2 big ones: NWAF, Balota

3 smaller ones: NEAF, Milatary near Vibor, Military south of Zelonogorsk, Green mountain

If you are the first to get there. Once the loot respawn is added. It's might be a good spot to loot but don't forget - that people will camp it. 

I think that spawn rates should be adjustable - the more people on server - the better the spawn 'rate/chance'. 

• Like 1

Yeah, they do. Will be a huge problem/issue with respawning loot.

I think they need to tweak the spawn distribution as well, to favor the inland overall (not just for military loot).

• Like 2

If the loot amount isn't high, you don't have activity. Right now, this is one of the very few places that can draw people away from the spawn areas. Also, you have a few zombies in the area, and they act like beacons if there are other people around. This makes the place extremely dangerous. If you do it on an almost empty server, then yes, it's too much loot with too little risk. On a full server, it can be deadly.

So i went to bolota to get some ammo for my M4, i decided to go to the tents and loot them.

I found so much gear, 3 long range scopes, over 450 5.56 ammo, 2 300-roundboxe´s, and lots of other stuff, i did not server-hop,

i just think this is a little to much gear that spawns in the tents, here is also a picture of my current character:

ztqDoNw.jpg

what are your thought about this? is the tent loot overpowered or not?

BTW its my birthday!

edit: also my friend got a ton of gear (same server)

Yeah i agree its a bit much.... also *in frosty the snowman's voice* HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!
  • Like 1

Wow, I haven't played in a while, and apparently have missed out on some things; all the time I was playing, I NEVER found ANYTHING in ANY of the military tents on ANY server. Must be something they added fairly recently. Or I just have bad luck.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a problem with all that if the mags and items actually mostly spawned in ruined or badly damaged. 

Imo, that would make a big difference.

also *in frosty the snowman's voice* HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!

thank you

Wow, I haven't played in a while, and apparently have missed out on some things; all the time I was playing, I NEVER found ANYTHING in ANY of the military tents on ANY server. Must be something they added fairly recently. Or I just have bad luck.

You are correct. The tents spawned loot for a while in the beginning as well, but they stopped for some reason. Only recently did they have loot-spawning capabilities restored.

Wait!!  So you found enough loot for 40 players and kept it all to yourself?  Selfish.  Very, very selfish.

• Like 1

You guys know that this only temporary right? 

Brian Hicks has said he is manually spawning loot there to find out why the hell the loot is spawning there automatically.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be there forever.

You guys know that this only temporary right? 

Brian Hicks has said he is manually spawning loot there to find out why the hell the loot is spawning there automatically.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be there forever

Uhmm wut? o.O

OT: 

Try playing on a 40 man server or a 100 man server OP then you'll realise there isnt nearly that much loot afterall....

Edited by Massacre