Sign in to follow this  
EduardoMaia

Vehicles? No thanks!

tumblr_m1542w307J1rs1qhko1_500.gif
vehicles 
vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles 

Everybodie talk about 
vehicles !!!!

STOP!

If servers can hold 100+ players, and the map, have more spawn points (not only in coast).

You will see more players in any places.

We dont need vehicles ...

vehicles will ruin the game

If you put vehicles, rope to be hard to fix and get fuel. And... random vehicles spawn points, because... if i know, where i can find a car, everytime server restart, i will run like a horse, to this place, take my car and run over all noobs, go fast and take all guns from all airports, etc...

We need more zombies, much more, with a cool and variable animations and better AI and patchfinder!

See 10 zombies running with the same animation is not realistic to me :(

vehicles ?

No thanks

PS: Helicopters no PLEASE!!!

Indeed more zombies, and harder ones at that is a must IMO. 

But vehicles are an integral part of the game, although they will be done properly this time. Very few of them will exist making them a luxury item, that only large groups will find practical to use. 

• Like 2

We need vehicles, i need them. and i think many ppl needs too.anything, even bicycle 

tumblr_m1542w307J1rs1qhko1_500.gif

vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles vehicles 

Everybodie talk about vehicles !!!!

STOP!

If servers can hold 100+ players, and the map, have more spawn points (not only in coast).

If you put vehicles, rope to be hard to fix and get fuel. And... random vehicles spawn points, because... if i know, where i can find a car, everytime server restart, i will run like a horse, to this place, take my car and run over all noobs, go fast and take all guns from all airports, etc...

We need more zombies, much more, with a cool and variable animations and better AI and patchfinder!

See 10 zombies running with the same animation is not realistic to me :(

vehicles ?

No thanks

PS: Helicopters no PLEASE!!!

If they implemented them in a right way, they won't always spawn at the same place once server restarts. A lot of players will see vehicles as "mobile bases" and won't risk loosing them by acting silly on the coast or driving in the middle of the airfields. Of course since this is a work in development we're gonna see erratic behavior with vehicles from time to time but I don't see this being a problem. The only "problems" might be hackers/exploiters and most people fighting over them.

Yes, we need more zombies and better AI, but if done right, vehicles would be a great addition and I know many players will be pleased to have them.  

• Like 1

its not going to be like state of decay or GTA vehicles are gonna be hard to fix and put together I'm sure. and i hope they add some collision mechanics to the models cars should not be a killing machine if you hit a man in a car he's going to destroy your car and probably come through the windshield and kill you or at least ruin ur day. now if your in a semi-truck its a different story. i think they'll do it right i personally can't wait to hear about ambushes on people driving in cars stopping at a cross roads to get denzel'd by 4 AK's. it'll give folks more to do sir as well as base building it just adds another layer of activities. hell i could care less about having a car what i want is a tent and hunting and i'll be happy with the game everything else to me will be extra fun.

• Like 2

and heli's have been confirmed. i hope they don't have guns on them but I'm sure they will. in that case they need to add an unguided rocket launcher such as a RPG or make the improvised explosive able to be duct taped to cars/vehicles. because i will hunt choppers down and plant bombs on them and blow them to shit. i loved running from them but did tired of clans usually being the main force on a server and usually had most of the good vehicles and heli's.so i need a way to attack them with guerilla tactics so i can slowly cause them trouble with out them knowing or thinking its just one man. booby traps to like burying a shot gun shell on top of a nail step on it and no more leg.i got off topic sorry

• Like 1

Vehicles will be added, get over it. The devs confirmed it in the list of certain things to be implemented over the course of a or a couple months. This argument was lost long ago even before you made this topic.

• Like 1

i want vehicles, and helicopters, maybe just a news-helicopter:

7506624_BG2.jpg

edit: and is this really a suggestion? this topic?

Edited by DMentMan

Ya don't worry vehicles will be the biggest bullet magnets ever I guarantee it

• Like 1

''Spawn''? aren't you able to repair a broken car on the road with loot that is very rare (tires,car battery,engine) and then be able to take doors from other cars to repair one car if all of that is done you still need to find fuel what is even harder.

Considering vehicles are on the list of features listed on the game's Steam page, I doubt arguing against vehicles will do any good at this point. Sure, they'll probably be exceptionally difficult to get working and use, but they will be there.

Just looking at the controls, you can see they've got ones for cars, helicopters & planes. They probably wouldn't have ported them over if they didn't intend to use them.

Vehicles I think will somehow be kinda different from how we know them in the mod, I don't know.

But with all the big changes already and vehicles being left until even later I expect big changes from Arma 2 vehicles.

Hitting someone with a car I think should ruin your windscreen though, and that's another reason why third person ruins the balance.

Cracked windscreen means nothing when you can just go into third person.

Don't want vehicles? Simple, buy a server when they release the mods and don't have them in there. It really is that simple.

How can anyone be so against the progress of the game? Wish I had a "remove beans" button. Vehicles are an integral part of the game's realism, something to work for, something for fun, and something to get you around the giant map without holding W for two hours.

Are you honestly freaking SERIOUS HOW ARE THOSE EVEN REASONS
KoS happens anyway and without vehicles; also (1) you can dodge a car far easier than a bullet and (2) vehicles take time to build, you don't just HAVE  THEM

If you put vehicles, rope to be hard to fix

Can you even into English? Or even just coherence?

HOW IS THIS A BAD THING
I'm actually mad

Edit: Also, if you have the ability to "run around in a car take guns from all airports", so does everybody else. The playing field will be levelled when items respawn anyway.

Edited by bobotype3334

If you are implying DayZ doesn't need vehicles to be successful by placing a Left 4 Dead picture in the background, you'll be sadly mistaken. L4D is a run-and-gun twitch FPS developed by valve for arcade-like experience and fun. DayZ is a Zombie Survival developed for slow progression and making multiple decisions. Two entirely different games. Vehicles are ESSENTIAL to DayZ because it gives a sense of progression. You say the vehicles will be camped and people will know the spawn locations? If so, riddle me this. If they have the ability to randomly spawn players at any point on the map, why can't they do it with vehicles? In short answer, they most certainly can do so. There's one problem fixed. Now you want more animations. Quite the generic "NEED MOAR ANIMS!" that you see in a lot of game development forums these days. I'll make this simple so you'll be sure to understand. Dean doesn't just wake up and simply make an animation and say "lel here ya go :)". It takes MANY hours, if not days in a small studio with little nodes attached to most of your body, and you prancing around trying to replicate what you would wish to see in the game. And after that, it is sent to the office where it is edited to clean up the sharp and ugly points. And it might just be all that time for one animation. You have to give these devs time. Most are working far from home and haven't seen loved ones in ages. I wish people would stop treating the devs as if they are mindless robots that execute everyone's command with haste.

Edited by Shadow134

If you think you can drive through Cherno (I should say Berezino now) and run over noobs, you're gonna have a very very bad time

To be fair, i disagree with this post entirely, vehicles should be added asap and then zombies be dealt with. Oh and by the way, this game is a

S-I-M-U-L-A-T-O-R how many times do i need to say this? if there's going to be a chopper in there if there was a zombie apocalypse, then there will most likely be one in dayz