lloydy24

Dayz Character not saving

Hi there,

I realise there has been a variety of topics previous to this one to do with character not saving.

I have seen all of the potential solutions to do with playing on specific servers and swapping between regular and hardcore servers.

I do not believe this to be a solution to my issue, all of my friends on play on the exact same servers with me at the same time always keep there gear.

Some potential suggestions people said was something to do with my steam id or my hard drives, my character not being linked to the server hive database correctly.

After a dayz patch I seem to keep my character for a day or two, but after that I never have a character EVER. Has occurred for about 2 months now which limits my life to when the server resets which is normally 2-3 hours which is a bit annoying.

I know it is in alpha but i doubt that is the reason and this is not going to be patched, I think it has something to do with my end of the game but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know a solution or the cause of the problem.

Any potential suggestions to this problem of mine would be useful thanks.

How do you get your character to link to the server hive properly?

Have you tried a full reinstall, + verifying the game cache?

this is one of the main reasons i stopped playing the game and went back to battlefield4/planetside2

can the devs imagine how frustrating it is when you have full mountain backpack, full military gear, green healthy/energized status, green m4a1 + attachments + ammo, green sks + scope + ammo, fnx45 + ammo, lots of morphine/epipen, food/drinks, compass etc etc etc -- and then upon switching servers all of a sudden you start at the coast again with NOTHING ?! (and no, i wasnt killed as my friends/clan watched me log out safely)

i dont think they do, otherwise it would be top priority for them to fix this. hopefully, h1z1 will be better

Acequat, this is the troubleshooting forum. People post here to get advice on how to fix their problems, so please post your concerns elsewhere.

Edited by Max Planck

this is one of the main reasons i stopped playing the game and went back to battlefield4/planetside2

can the devs imagine how frustrating it is when you have full mountain backpack, full military gear, green healthy/energized status, green m4a1 + attachments + ammo, green sks + scope + ammo, fnx45 + ammo, lots of morphine/epipen, food/drinks, compass etc etc etc -- and then upon switching servers all of a sudden you start at the coast again with NOTHING ?! (and no, i wasnt killed as my friends/clan watched me log out safely)

i dont think they do, otherwise it would be top priority for them to fix this. hopefully, h1z1 will be better

I understand for frustration, I have just coped with it and still test out the alpha. 

Unfortunately it has changed my gameplay to being ballsy and a killing mentality over surviving which may reduce the amount of fun for others but that is just one problem.

I agree with you that dayz will likely lose alot of its players to h1z1 as I believe they have their priority's right with core game play and game functionality/ game breaking bugs over 6 different coloured wool coats.

I'm hoping it gives them an incentive to improve the right parts of the game, so its all good.

Will check out those posts, thanks forum team, will post to after seeing if any help resolve the issue

None of the solutions suggested in the linked post's have worked. Had about 5 lives worth of character saving after the most recent patch but now back to freshspawn every time.

My friend has just starting getting the same problem after changing from a 32x to 64x windows 7 OS. I don't know whether this could have caused it as I am using windows 7 64x aswell?