Jiggly Ritz

I want to see loot on beaches

This idea has been bouncing around in my head for a while now, and usually when that happens it means that it is a good idea. It just plain makes sense to have some items laying around on the beaches. Think about it, things wash up on the beach all the time whether it be clothing, waterbottles, driftwood and all kinds of other crap. What do you guys think?

Edited by Jiggly Ritz
  • Like 5

What? Empty, plastic bottles full of holes, broken beer bottles, and rotten, water-logged fruit?

• Like 2

Nice idea! It would definitely add to the ambiance as well, the beaches are a bit too clean. I'd like to see different types of boats and stuff too that have washed up with loot as well.

What? Empty, plastic bottles full of holes, broken beer bottles, and rotten, water-logged fruit?

Oars that could be used as melee weapons, same with broken beer bottles. And there would be water bottles that aren't full of holes that could be used as water containers.

A sea container full of US weapons perhaps...i never saw anything useful on coasts during the times i spent there. And the only things you coud see in the news was either crude oil or the ruined contents of a container swept upon the british coast after a ship acident if i remember right...once..

Edited by Enforcer

Oh yeah, that nice broken bottle that'll take 20 hits to kill a zombie, or that water logged drift wood that'll take ages to dry out and you'll prob be dead before it's dry to make a fire. 

Maybe even a rare rotten apple that'll give you sickness and half kill you. 

Maybe, maybe.

Oh yeah, that nice broken bottle that'll take 20 hits to kill a zombie, or that water logged drift wood that'll take ages to dry out and you'll prob be dead before it's dry to make a fire. 

Maybe even a rare rotten apple that'll give you sickness and half kill you. 

Maybe, maybe.

I never said there would be good stuff, just stuff in general lol. And if you've ever been to the beach then you know that driftwood gets washed pretty far inland, and is dry by that point.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Would these items be randomly placed along the coast or would they spawn in groups? Maybe there could be crates that you can open.

Also all of the items that wash up should be wet. Especially clothing. Only makes sense, right?

• Like 1

I never said there would be good stuff, just stuff in general lol. And if you've ever been to the beach then you know that driftwood gets washed pretty far inland, and is dry by that point.

Yeah, but it'd just be pretty much a waste of time. 

good idea, i cant see any reason why the odd badly damaged water bottle or even baseball bat or sports bag etc shouldnt be on the beach.

Sounds good. Would these items be randomly placed along the coast or would they spawn in groups? Maybe there could be crates that you can open.

Also all of the items that wash up should be wet. Especially clothing. Only makes sense, right?

Well if the clothes were washed far enough inland and left there for long enough... probably would be dry.

Not a bad idea.

However, if it does get implemented, it will probably be a long way down the track, as this is essentially an immersion factor that is otherwise a drain on server resources. They're trying to optimise (which is to say, cut down on) the number of entities on the map to get server performance up to scratch - this is counterproductive at the moment.

That being said, would be nice to be able to spawn in in a few years' time to find a beach littered with crap, and a few badly damaged but potentially useful items. If crafting comes in at some point I can see bottles and such being melted down for glass, at the very least.

I can't say I've ever found anything of value on a beach in real life. Most things that would be worth carrying sink in water.

Well - it's true - beaches are kinda empty. would be nice to see some fishing boats on shore from time to time. 

I can't say I've ever found anything of value on a beach in real life. Most things that would be worth carrying sink in water.

Isn't the story of DayZ that you're a survivor who washed up on a beach? Would make sense if items from the ship you were on washed up with you.

Or at least that's why I thought we spawned on the coast. I may be wrong.

• Like 1

Starting tbe title out as "I want" is definetly not a good idea... we all want things, but it doesn't help the approach to the topic you are making here.

Starting tbe title out as "I want" is definetly not a good idea... we all want things, but it doesn't help the approach to the topic you are making here.

I don't see the problem with simply saying that I want something. It's not as if I'm begging the devs, I'm just saying that I personally would like to see it in the game that's all. If It's added great, if not the oh well it was a good thought at least.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

I don't see the problem with simply saying that I want something. It's not as if I'm begging the devs, I'm just saying that I personally would like to see it in the game that's all. If It's added great, if not the oh well it was a good thought at least.

Wasn't trying to start something with you, sorry.  I was just saying it is what most of the people on these forums do.  "i want, i want, i want, i want this and that and this"... You however, may be different i guess since you provide a reasonable suggestion.  My support goes with you.

One mans trash is hobo survivor treasure, such as bottle or sticks.

Wasn't trying to start something with you, sorry.  I was just saying it is what most of the people on these forums do.  "i want, i want, i want, i want this and that and this"... You however, may be different i guess since you provide a reasonable suggestion.  My support goes with you.

No problem, its just hard to guess peoples tones through text I guess :D

But really what's the point? Increasing server load with a FUCKTON of items, and raping the server even more? I really do not see the point on this. I approve ship recks and things like that, but not random trash ALL around the coast. It would kill the server.