Jiggly Ritz

Feeling bad after first kos

Well I have been playing dayz for about a week, and in that time I have met many people, and traded many supplies with them. However, one day i was playing on a fresh spawn and after getting a fire axe, I began looting some buildings in the spawn town. When I went into one of the buildings I noticed a guy in one of the rooms crouched down eating some beans. Something clicked in my head, and out of no where I snuck up behind him and began hitting him with my axe repeatedly. He did not go down after the first hit so I continued hitting him (looking back now, I realize it was probably server lag that kept him standing). I created this demonstrative drawing to give you all an idea of how much blood was pouring out of this guys body:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3U75Ekc8pJ_WVVTNmpSZ2VNeW8/edit?usp=sharing

Anyway, needless to say he died, but when I went to loot his stuff I realized that I had ruined EVERYTHING in his backpack. Feel free to share your stories, or condemn me to shame. :(

• Like 2

Now you have quenched your thirst for blood, you may never turn back.

But it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I've gotten so decked out with gear on my new character that I plan on going into the spawn town and giving out supplies to the noobs. I play better as a hero than an axe wielding maniac.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz
  • Like 3

axe wielding maniac.

Was this a reference to Steak? Wow how dare you! Shame shame shame.

Was this a reference to Steak? Wow how dare you! Shame shame shame.

Actually it was a reference to my spasm of insanity when I axe murdered that guy eating the beans :D

• Like 1

Actually it was a reference to my spasm of insanity when I axe murdered that guy eating the beans :D

Haha yeah, xD

But it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I've gotten so decked out with gear on my new character that I plan on going into the spawn town and giving out supplies to the noobs. I play better as a hero than an axe wielding maniac.

You will be dead in a minute and you will be back to the beach, dont feel bad as the more you play this game the more this stuff will happen to you and then that guilty feeling will soon disappear.

• Like 1

It's normal, and one of my favorite parts about the game. I've always been a friendly player, but there have been times where I've felt bad for a kill that could have been avoided or I could've accidently gotten the wrong guy.

• Like 1

I just killed my first player the other day, but i don't feel bad because he just hit with an axe....so i unloaded a magazine of 9mm in his chest. My adrenaline was pumping!

• Like 1

I just killed my first player the other day, but i don't feel bad because he just hit with an axe....so i unloaded a magazine of 9mm in his chest. My adrenaline was pumping!

My most intense moment was on an airfield. I was running to one of the buildings when a guy shot at me (horrible shot he missed every single one). I hid on the top floor with my magnum pointed down the stairs, and tried to talk the guy into leaving. Eventually after waiting for about 4 mins. I started making my way down the stairs, and the he ran out in the hallway and started unloading on me with an m4. I managed to get 2 shots on him before I died (one in the upper left leg, and one in the stomach). Sadly, I will never know if he died being as it was probably his first time shooting a gun in a video game, and therefore doesn't realize that he will need to bandage himself. I like to think that I broke his leg with the first shot and he bled out, but who knows.

Fights can be a lot of fun and I think everyone needs to get some kills down when they start playing.  I'd saying that a successful lone-wolf trust meeting gives you a pretty awesome feeling.

I laughed too hard at that "demonstrative drawing"

Edited by VPPTrue
  • Like 2

I laughed too hard at that "demonstrative drawing"

Thanks, paint is the best tool ever lol.

• Like 1

Now that you got your cherry popped keep going. Find out how far down the rabbit hole goes my son. Leave the guilt behind you because the road ahead is nothing but lulz.

Don't feel bad...I did the 1st time I killed a fresh spawn...I seen him and just reacted now I try to look a bit before I engage...that being said you cant always do that lot of KoS going on...I feel like an idiot when I could kill someone but I let them go only to be shot when I put some range in between us...so play the hero or the bandit if you try to do both you will die because some loser will mistake kindness for weekness. If i am with my clan I feel so much safer and the need to be a bandit goes away so try running with more heroes and see if that is your style.

I know how you feel. Killing with an axe against someone whom is harmless is quite a situation.

I have one better and I felt so remorseful after it but I don't think I should post the vid. 

Oh Harry, why Harry!!

Harry why did you have to be so friendly.

Next time you do that, just say "oops sorry, was trying to whack those beans from your hands - they were rotten, I tried to save you from food poisoning".

It's the civilized version of the Russian-accented "friendly?" you hear before getting shot.

I encountered a random guy today, he ended up running 2h with us on teamspeak. And quite a funny one too. Compensation for the beans/head golf games with axes.

WOW! That picture looks just like the blood in DayZ! How did you do it!

XD

Yep, you one day will feel the same pain you have done onto others.

WOW! That picture looks just like the blood in DayZ! How did you do it!

XD

Yep, you one day will feel the same pain you have done onto others.

used the spraypaint tool :D

#SKILL

Well, keep in mind that it's literally just a video game; no need to beat yourself up.  Especially since you've only just started playing; you're trying different things out, and it turns out that randomly killing people isn't quite for you.  It's all a part of the fun  :thumbsup:

Edited by bastins

Well, keep in mind that it's literally just a video game; no need to beat yourself up.  Especially since you've only just started playing; you're trying different things out, and it turns out that randomly killing people isn't quite for you.  It's all a part of the fun  :thumbsup:

Why you be stealin' Guppy's fame eh?

Dat profile pic, change it.

just kidding :P 

Same avatar, I'm assuming? ^_^

In my defense, though, I'm the newest of new, as I've only just bought the game on Monday, and still haven't gotten a chance to jump in and start playing!  :blush:  .  But my plan is to try playing as a medic of sorts, hence the avatar.

Edited by bastins
  • Like 1

Who is Guppy?

Youtuber or something?

Same avatar, I'm assuming? ^_^

In my defense, though, I'm the newest of new, as I've only just bought the game on Monday, and still haven't gotten a chance to jump in and start playing!  :blush:  .  But my plan is to try playing as a medic of sorts, hence the avatar.

Sorta, just diff colors :P

Who is Guppy?

Youtuber or something?

Guppy the DayZ Medic, on the forums :P

Edited by Zedertone

You will be dead in a minute and you will be back to the beach, dont feel bad as the more you play this game the more this stuff will happen to you and then that guilty feeling will soon disappear.

Damn right, there is a really good chance, in this game anyway, that he would have done the same to you AND had no guilt about it at all.