Jiggly Ritz

Magazines are too hard to find

I have been playing Dayz standalone for about a week now and I have come to the conclusion that weapon magazines in general, are too difficult to find. This game takes place in Russia for gods sake, every child in Russia gets a freaking gun for his 3rd birthday, so why cant I find any magazines for almost all types of guns? Pistols are the worst. At least with rifles you have a chance of finding a magazine, but with pistols (especially the m1911) the magazines are nowhere to be found, even in military bases where you would expect them. I have only ever found magazines for the 9mm pistol, and no others. Tell me what you guys think about making magazines a bit more common.

every child in Russia gets a freaking gun for his 3rd birthday

No comrade, is 16th date of birth ritual. Strong boy of Russian descent receive indomitable Kalashnikov rifle for removal of Chechen scum. 

Is great country comrade.

• Like 6

I have been playing Dayz standalone for about a week now and I have come to the conclusion that weapon magazines in general, are too difficult to find. This game takes place in Russia for gods sake, every child in Russia gets a freaking gun for his 3rd birthday, so why cant I find any magazines for almost all types of guns? Pistols are the worst. At least with rifles you have a chance of finding a magazine, but with pistols (especially the m1911) the magazines are nowhere to be found, even in military bases where you would expect them. I have only ever found magazines for the 9mm pistol, and no others. Tell me what you guys think about making magazines a bit more common.

No no no no no no no no and no. We want weapons and ammo especially, to be reduced. You are confusing Russia and USA. Also this is a survival game, not a war game. I have a good game for you, Infestation Survivor Stories. Guns galore, and the best part is you can purchase ammo if you don't come across it. That's if you want pvh game, (pvh- players vs hacker), but if you want survival game, dayz has promised to be it, stick around, but please don't ask for MORE ammo.

Everything but the sporter 22, and 1911 mags are ez to find

Sporter are you kidding me? Go to balota or nwaf i found 52 sporter mags at nwaf

I never seem to have a problem finding mags eventually. 

I do think that the various weapons should come with a mag most of the time but they should be empty or close to empty (never full). 

• Like 3

buy them from your local book store for a buck each.

not that hard to find on shelf to right

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

No no no no no no no no and no. We want weapons and ammo especially, to be reduced. You are confusing Russia and USA. Also this is a survival game, not a war game. I have a good game for you, Infestation Survivor Stories. Guns galore, and the best part is you can purchase ammo if you don't come across it. That's if you want pvh game, (pvh- players vs hacker), but if you want survival game, dayz has promised to be it, stick around, but please don't ask for MORE ammo.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. The guns and ammo spawns are fine, it is the magazines for these guns that are rare, and almost essential parts for some guns (pistols mainly). Even if the magazines are empty most of the time I would still be happy, I just want to be able to load my freaking gun thats all.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

No comrade, is 16th date of birth ritual. Strong boy of Russian descent receive indomitable Kalashnikov rifle for removal of Chechen scum. 

Is great country comrade.

Best reply I think I could have gotten on this topic. Very educational too, thanks AnyoneInCherno :D

ahaha no

i spawned at berezino and 20 minutes later I had tons of mags of all kinds. Reduce the spawn 

• Like 1

Best reply I think I could have gotten on this topic. Very educational too, thanks AnyoneInCherno :D

СПАСИБО ТОВАРИЩ

survive long enough and you will find everything you need

Edited by qww

There should be a chance for every weapon to spawn with a mag. Because the more guns there will be in DayZ you need more kinds of mags. And with lets say 30 different kinds of mags you would have to make them spawn more common so guns can be used at all. But if you find guns with mags you could at least use most of them when you find them.

For example M4, FX, M1911 should have a 60% chance to spawn with an empty mag and maybe 10% to spawn with a full/ filled mag.

survive long enough and you will find everything you need

Well, I managed to survive for about 3 days worth of playing. In that time I traveled to about 4 different towns and still found no mags, Just a bunch of ammo. Believe me, chambering your pistol after every shot gets annoying after a while.

you find them more easily in police stations, military areas and airfield buildings

you find them more easily in police stations, military areas and airfield buildings

Believe me, I went through many a police station and fire station before going to an airfield and being suddenly shot out of nowhere, and still found no mags.

ok so try again without dying

or if you didnt die,  then just go to nwaf, and look there

Edited by qww

Well, I managed to survive for about 3 days worth of playing. In that time I traveled to about 4 different towns and still found no mags, Just a bunch of ammo. Believe me, chambering your pistol after every shot gets annoying after a while.

Well it just adds to realism of hard survival, although in real life, there would be much more empty mags going on around than ammo. I don't really know why they would not include a mag with a bullet or two already chambered.

I believe 80 or 85% of ALL guns should spawn with empty mags. I am a gun owner myself, and have many gun owner friends as well. Every gun owner keeps the mag with their gun, period. Most of the time it is in the gun itself, or right next to it.

Edited by InsaneRuffles
  • Like 1

1.Loot is too easy to find atm.

2.Making statements like "every child in russia gets a gun for his third birthday etc etc" make you look retarded/stupid, just a tip for the future.

3.Game is not set in Russia.

Edited by So Sexy

1.Loot is too easy to find atm.

2.Making statements like "every child in russia gets a gun for his third birthday etc etc" will make you look retarded/stupid, just a tip for the future.

3.Game is not set in Russia.

Considering that the town names are in RUSSIAN I think it's a safe bet that the game is meant to be set in Russia whether the area of Russia is fictional or not; And also, wtf is wrong with me trying to add a bit of humor to the damn post? If you want to make some constructive criticism that fine, but don't be an ass.

-Sincerely, your favorite (almost) president Mitt Romney

Google Arma2 , its Chernarus, a fictional country.

Try to make your jokes funny for everyone, or make them about yourself.

Google Arma2 , its Chernarus, a fictional country.

Try to make your jokes funny for everyone, or make them about yourself.

Why would I make jokes about myself when I'm so gat dayum handsome?

and by the way the map is still based off of an area of Russia even if it is simply a representation.