Sign in to follow this  
Locreen

VoN & Direct Communication Question

As I understand it, VoN is chat heard by everyone and Direct communication only works in a certain range and apparently some servers ban VoN.  Today I was in a building and heard people talking but there wasn't anyone nearby so I assumed it was VoN and it was annoying and I just want to be sure to not every talk on VoN.

The keybinding is 2x Caps but whenever I push it, it says direct communication (which is the local one, right?) and ',' and '.' don't change channels.  I'm just worried about thinking I'm talking to those around me but actually talking to the server and bugging them.  Thanks!

It might have been the admin who played with the settings. I don't think anyone else has access to VoN. Maybe hackers?? A while ago when you logged in you could for a brief moment engage in VoN but haven't got that experience recently.

Voice communication can be heard up to 80 meters.

Text communication can be seen on your screen, or anyone else's up to 50 meters.

Great, thanks!  So basically, I won't ever accidentally talk on global?

Great, thanks!  So basically, I won't ever accidentally talk on global?

Purposely, no. But I've seen videos where people will be talking in Global some how and not know it, as a glitch.

But I have like 120 hours logged and I've never heard it. As of now I think the only ones who can talk on Global are the Admins.