kichilron

Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection. Any / All problems regarding Beta-Patches for ARMA 2: OA

Yes I set the right parameters, have both Overwatch and Epoch up to date. Arma is up to date. Vanilla dayz and other individual mods work, but not Overpoch. Any ideas?

Yes I set the right parameters, have both Overwatch and Epoch up to date. Arma is up to date. Vanilla dayz and other individual mods work, but not Overpoch. Any ideas?

Merged.

Make sure it's not the server by testing other servers as well.

When I go into DayZ Commander and try to change the ARMA 2 file from 112555 to 103718 I get an error saying "The version ARMA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62). I have done everything from deleting the beta to going into the regedit and deleting aram2 oa folder and verifying integrity of game cache also making sure the game doesn't update. When i run arma OA it says its running in version 1.63.125402. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

When I go into DayZ Commander and try to change the ARMA 2 file from 112555 to 103718 I get an error saying "The version ARMA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62). I have done everything from deleting the beta to going into the regedit and deleting aram2 oa folder and verifying integrity of game cache also making sure the game doesn't update. When i run arma OA it says its running in version 1.63.125402. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to your ArmA 2 OA folder, then go to the expansions folder, then delete the beta folder, and re-install patch 1.62

Edited by aimbot.eXe

Go to your ArmA 2 OA folder, then go to the expansions folder, then delete the beta folder, and re-install patch 1.62

I don't have a beta folder. So just reinstall the 1.62 patch?

I don't have a beta folder. So just reinstall the 1.62 patch?

Oh yeah, I forgot you use dayz commander...... No idea how to help you then, DayZ commander blows, so I don't use it. :/

Oh yeah, I forgot you use dayz commander...... No idea how to help you then, DayZ commander blows, so I don't use it. :/

What do you use it might work for me

What do you use it might work for me

I use a batch file that starts up the game with all the parameters I use.  I find it to be much more stable, however, you have to manually update/install things.

I followed the directions and when I start Arma 2 OA I get the following two warnings:

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

and

Cannot load world 'ca\Chernarus\Chernarus.wrp

I know, I know - its telling me what it needs.

So, my respectful question is where do I get these files, and where do I put them.

Your assistance will be immensely appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Peter

post-212572-0-44389400-1404496096_thumb.

post-212572-0-96039700-1404496102_thumb.

Edited by Peter Johnston

I followed the directions and when I start Arma 2 OA I get the following two warnings:

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

Please do read the OP again, as everything's covered in there:

If you're getting any errors, such as: "Missing CA_Dubbing_CounterAttack", follow these steps:

1. Rightclick on ARMA 2 in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
  2. In the ARMA 2 folder copy the contents of the "AddOns"-Folder
  3. Rightlick on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
  4. Paste the files inside "Common"-Folder. That's it. You're set.

I just set up a new Dayz mod server on Arma 2 1.63.125548. When I start the server, i get this message:

Obsolete/unsupported BattlEye version, please reinstall BE!

I've contacted Vert Hosting about it and they are looking into it, but any idea what I can do to fix this? I've already made sure I have the latest 1.8.1 BE filters, so maybe it's not the filters?

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

Frustrated. :(

So I've done everything you have suggested.

The server now has a red dot (versus green) in the left column.  When I select join I get a big long list of files with thew last sentence that reads:  "Add on's are not signed by a key accepted by this server."

Also - I have 1.63  The server requires 1.63.125548.

I would really really like to get back to playing with my friends on the Crazy Ruski Dedicated Box, but this is making me wonder if a completely NEW instal would be the thing to do.

Please advise, and THANK YOU for getting back to me.

Peter Johnston 

Make sure that you're actually launching the mod, as you're being kicked from the server for not having the Expansions activated.

To add Launch-Parameters to your Game, rightlick on Steam -> Properties -> Set Launch Options

Add this:

-mod=@Dayz

in the case of DayZ-Mod.

Ok, so im trying to play dayz origins, and all of their servers are on 1.62, can someone help me as how to downgrade?

I tryed teh regedit, i tryed to just use dayz, i tryed clicking 1.62 in the beta tab in steam, please help

I have the beta installed, using the steam tab, but never installed teh thing that just says beta, because it also says obsolete

HELP PLZ

Merged. The OP should tell you everything you need to know

Several Questions:

What do you mean by the Steam server browser? Where can i find that?

Is DayzCommander obsolete now since it doesnt support 1.63?

Should i delete Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta since Steam says its obsolete?

in the OP you say to opt out of the beta and it's stable..then further down it says to select beta from dropdown menu... I am not sure which it is? I was told beta before but now it changed? i want to stop using commander and just use steam but i think some servers it doesnt work

Edited by AgentNe0

"Bad version, server rejected connection" This message pops up when the game opens after trying to join a server.

It also shows me a message from, either Playwithsix or Dayzcommander that the mod is running in another version.

When I sometimes DOES get all the way through the loading screen and stuff, is says "Authentication time out".

WTF is this shit? Haven't play in a while so I can't find any recent posts on the issue.

Haaaaalp pls haaalp.

in the OP you say to opt out of the beta and it's stable..then further down it says to select beta from dropdown menu... I am not sure which it is? I was told beta before but now it changed? i want to stop using commander and just use steam but i think some servers it doesnt work

Changed now. I will update the OP shortly.

Not our fault - BI is all over the place in regards to Beta-Patches. We don't get any information regarding this, nor any help. It's a mess.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

"Bad version, server rejected connection" This message pops up when the game opens after trying to join a server.

It also shows me a message from, either Playwithsix or Dayzcommander that the mod is running in another version.

When I sometimes DOES get all the way through the loading screen and stuff, is says "Authentication time out".

WTF is this shit? Haven't play in a while so I can't find any recent posts on the issue.

Haaaaalp pls haaalp.

Merged

Changed now. I will update the OP shortly.

Not our fault - BI is all over the place in regards to Beta-Patches. We don't get any information regarding this, nor any help. It's a mess.

i know i tried to work out what to do after reading similar threads on epoch forum and that. but for me personally. the commander Z method works for Epoch, and the Steam way works for vanilla day Z . As for playing Epoch through Steam Day Z, i can't get that to work. Hopefully soon when this next update is forced out things will get fixed. cheers

i know i tried to work out what to do after reading similar threads on epoch forum and that. but for me personally. the commander Z method works for Epoch, and the Steam way works for vanilla day Z . As for playing Epoch through Steam Day Z, i can't get that to work. Hopefully soon when this next update is forced out things will get fixed. cheers

As mentioned, just use startup-params for ARMA 2: OA. Not really hard to use and you can always be 100% sure you're starting the correct one.

For convenience you can even build your own .bat file.