kichilron

Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection. Any / All problems regarding Beta-Patches for ARMA 2: OA

What's the naem of the server?

It does it with all the servers, its alright its not your fault. I just have to figure this one out piece by piece, thanks anyway.

hi all i  have a problem with steam i try to do as the fix says and activate my games i put the key in and thats fine but it also want me to install the game it then try to download it from steam even though i already have the disc and the game loaded on my computer any help to what i need to do will be greatly appericated

Just a hint:

if you're using DayZCommander (which is most likely the problem you're encountering here) you will end up with the wrong version.

Try to launch it manually from Steam to ensure you're using the correct Beta Version.

To launch from Steam, rightclick it -> Properties -> Set Launch Parameters -> add this:

-mod=

Now - after that set whatever mod you're using, which is the exact foldername in your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. In Vanilla DayZ's case it's "@Dayz"

Even when I launch it through Steam, I get the same error. Did -mod=@DayZ_Epoch. Still get the error, when server matches my versions.

Even when I launch it through Steam, I get the same error. Did -mod=@DayZ_Epoch. Still get the error, when server matches my versions.

It's the server's fault then. If you're sure you've got the correct version installed it can always still be possible the server has done something wrong.

It does it with every server. So I decided to say screw it and update, since its near impossible for me to play an older version. I updated to the new beta DayZ through steam. Then now I randomly get this error. http://puu.sh/9vrfW/c2067ac036.jpg. So I dragged the folder in Arma and placed it into OA. Now every time I try to join a server it gets stuck on loading screen. About to just say fuck it. Idk why this one update messes everything up...

EDIT: Completely uninstalling and reinstalling ArmA + Dayz. Wish me luck.

EDIT #2: It now works, for anyone having the same problem as me.

Edited by Bestadamire

When I went to update my beta patch from Dayz Commander I got an error that I have a "Wrong CD Key". But it still finishes installing it, but I can't join any Dayz server.post-211105-0-77141200-1403209685_thumb. I have no Idea how to fix this and any help would be appreciated.

When I went to update my beta patch from Dayz Commander I got an error that I have a "Wrong CD Key". But it still finishes installing it, but I can't join any Dayz server.attachicon.gifwong cd key.PNG I have no Idea how to fix this and any help would be appreciated.

Merged.

Please note the initial post with the guide of mine, as the system you're using is out of date by over 1-2 months now.

Is there no solution to the wrong CD key error when updating beta patches?

Is there no solution to the wrong CD key error when updating beta patches?

If you use this method you won't get the error, but just incase you don't want to use this method (for whatever reason) - use the searchfunction:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187032-fixed-bad-serial-key-wrong-cd-key/

When i try to connect with server, it shows me the message "Bad version, server rejected connection". In DayZ Commander I have everything updated. 

In any case, I will write to you to what version I have updates. 

DayZ Origins: 1.7.8.5 

DayZ: 1.8.1 

Arma 2: 112555 

Could you help me? What can I do to fix it?

When i try to connect with server, it shows me the message "Bad version, server rejected connection". In DayZ Commander I have everything updated. 
In any case, I will write to you to what version I have updates. 
DayZ Origins: 1.7.8.5 
DayZ: 1.8.1 
Arma 2: 112555 
Could you help me? What can I do to fix it?

What Arma version is the server on? If the server is on 103718 you can check the video i posted on this thread. It solved my problem and i haven't had an error since then. 

So today I downloaded ARMA II and ARMA II OA + DayZ Mod after months without playing because of the SA.

But now, for some reason, I can't join any server because of the BETA Patch.

If I update to the most recent and open ARMA II Beta Patch, it only shows outdated servers and I can't join any, if I downgrade to this update, it only shows the servers with the most recent BETA Patch, so I can't join it either. It does work-ish on DayZ Commander, but I get "Connection Failed" everytime I try to join a server.

Can someone help me?

Can someone help me?

Merged

Regardless of my using Epoch via dayZ commander..

I can't even play Vanilla DayZ due to the Beta arma2 build...

any help?

Cannot Load World 'ca\chernarus\chernarus.wrp

is an error I also keep getting...

Merged.

Search before posting.

My friend can't update to 1.63, I've gone through all this forum stuff for it, I've tried the redgit stuff, delete the beta folder,...

Now I had the same problem, and tried to do all kinds of random stuff but in the end it ended up working for me by installing the 1.62 thing from the arma 2 website.

I don't know what the exact problem is but when I play epoch it says version 1.63 and for him it says 1.62?...

HALP

HALP

Merged

So me and my friends have looked up videos over and over and over and over and over and over again but nothing ever happens. Every time I try to join an origins server OR ANY SERVER I always get the "bad version server rejected connection" even When on dayz commander the server is lit up (not grey). ive downgraded my current version to apply to the server and I continue to get the same message that is "bad version server rejected connection"

So me and my friends have looked up videos over and over and over and over and over and over again but nothing ever happens. Every time I try to join an origins server OR ANY SERVER I always get the "bad version server rejected connection" even When on dayz commander the server is lit up (not grey). ive downgraded my current version to apply to the server and I continue to get the same message that is "bad version server rejected connection"

Merged

• Like 1

So me and my friends have looked up videos over and over and over and over and over and over again but nothing ever happens. Every time I try to join an origins server OR ANY SERVER I always get the "bad version server rejected connection" even When on dayz commander the server is lit up (not grey). ive downgraded my current version to apply to the server and I continue to get the same message that is "bad version server rejected connection". Okay so how do we fix this problem? we have been trying for weeks now. anything you got to help us?

Okay so how do we fix this problem?

Do not use DayZCommander. It's obsolete at this point.

Launch the game by adding Launch-Parameters to whatever version you've got installed and want to launch.

• "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta [108074]" will join both 108074 and 103718
  • "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta [112555]" will join only 112555
  • "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead [beta]" will join 124879

You can have "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead" and "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta" installed at the same time, they do not corrupt each other.

If you've done it properly it will show up with those exact names above.

To launch any mod, go to your" Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead" folder and copy the folder name of whatever you want to launch. (IE "@Dayz")

Then go to your Launch Parameters in Steam and add this

-mod=foldername

You will have to exchange the foldername with the mod you're trying to launch - in the case of DayZ Mod 1.8.1 it should look like this:

-mod=@Dayz

Save Launchparameters and you're done.

Edited by kichilron
Aunt Edit.

I can't even open my game. After selecting the beta, and my Steam installing it, I press "play game". A black little box with some white letters appears and disappears really, really fast. And my game never opens. I've tried everything, but nothing works.