Newest DayZ Mod patch was delivered with 1.63.124802, which is only compatible with the Steam-Version of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.
From now on you can just use the Steam Version of the game, which is recommended, as GameSpy is shutting down. From this point onwards the Steam-Server-Browser will be necessary, which the Beta patch is needed for.
To install the newest 1.63 Beta simply follow these steps on Steam:
- Rightclick "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" on Steam.
- Go to "Properties"
- From the window that now opened, select the field "Betas"
- From the Dropdown-Menu select "Beta -"
- Close, Steam will now install
Launch this Version from your Steam-library to join any DayZ-Server, simply by adding this to your launch-parameters:
This will launch the DayZ-Mod for you and you will be able to search for any server you would like in the ingame-Serverbrowser.
To do it properly do not use DayZ-Commander, as it will launch the wrong game. Comprehensive explanation here:
If you're trying to run older versions (which is not recommended, as GameSpy shut down) do the following steps when using the Steam Version:
You can have both versions installed, as they use different folders. An option for this would be to use PlayWithSix, as they officially support it.
If you happen to have ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead as the Retail-Version / not on Steam, you can now also activate your game in Steam with your Retail CD-Key, simply by clicking "Activate Product on Steam" at the bottom left in the Steam-Client.
If you're getting any errors, such as: "Missing CA_Dubbing_CounterAttack", follow these steps:
- Rightclick on ARMA 2 in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
- In the ARMA 2 folder copy the contents of the "AddOns"-Folder
- Rightlick on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead in your Steam-List and go to properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files
- Paste the files inside "Common"-Folder. That's it. You're set.
Edited by kichilron, 14 July 2014 - 02:07 PM.