FreedomFries (DayZ)

[FIXED] Bad Serial Key / Wrong CD-Key

In DayzCommander i have to reinstall a Arma 2 patch, when i try i get Arma2 ACR (Wrong Cd Key) error i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Arma2,OA, and the mod but s.till no luck. So if someone can help me i will be thankful. This on steam by the way. Also all the servers are grey in my suspicion of the arma 2 patch not being installed

Edited by FGFROST

Steam you say?

Go to the A2OA bit on your steam and right click=> properties=> betas

Get the beta patch on there, DO NOT USE THE SEPARATE A2OA beta BUTTON

Install DayZ mod via steam.

If you don't play vanilla then i can't really help you.

Edited by Dchil

Thanks man i will give it a try

Steam you say?

Go to the A2OA bit on your steam and right click=> properties=> betas

Get the beta patch on there, DO NOT USE THE SEPARATE A2OA beta BUTTON

Install DayZ mod via steam.

If you don't play vanilla then i can't really help you.

Thanks man i will give it a try

It says that when I do that sometimes, although it still works for me. I launch through DayZ commander as well, and it works even though it says Wrong CD key. :)

intresting the only patch i cant install is the 103718 patch any ideas ?

I just bought Combined Operations during the recent steam sale and every time I join some server it gives that error, and I get kicked a couple of minutes later. This is pretty ridiculous. What do I do to get it to stop this nonsense?

Merged. This should give you an indication how to solve your problem.

Please note that DayZCommander currently is obsolete when it comes to installing the Beta Patch, see the pinned topic in this section for information.

Hello. I have seen many, many topics regarding "wrong cd keys" and so forth, but everyone who has this issue cannot play on servers.

My issue is a bit different. I can play on servers. I have been playing the game for a while. But every time I start playing, it says I have the wrong CD key. Should I worry about this? I have had issues with DayZ in the past and have ran Steam as admin, Arma 2 / OA as admin, re-installed BattlEye, etc., etc., and the issue still is there.

Any suggestions? Is this a big deal?

(I run DayZ using DayZ commander.)

Edit: After reading more posts, it seems that this might be a known issue and I should indeed ignore it? 

Also, if I in fact should ignore this problem, could I still change my profile name (I have been wanting to just because)? Because I know that the Hive ties your player to your CD key. And obviously if my CD key is apparently "wrong" that might cause issues?

Again, I just need some clarification. Thanks!

Edited by angel_eyes42

Edit: After reading more posts, it seems that this might be a known issue and I should indeed ignore it? 

Please Read Before Posting and use existing threads.

Please Read Before Posting and use existing threads.

I did read. 

I still don't know how to fix my issue, since it seems a bit different from others.

Thanks for moving my thread, though. Sorry about that.

Edited by angel_eyes42

I did read. 

I still don't know how to fix my issue, since it seems a bit different from others.

Thanks for moving my thread, though. Sorry about that.

If you're installing using Steam you won't run into this issue. Read this thread I have merged your thread with, as any / all questions are answered here.

If you're installing using Steam you won't run into this issue. Read this thread I have merged your thread with, as any / all questions are answered here.

What issue? The one I am having?

I installed DayZ using DayZ Commander, but I installed Arma 2 and OA through Steam.

Reading the rest of this thread now.

Edit: Still don't see anyone having the same issue as me.

Edited by angel_eyes42

Hey, my problem is weird. I got the problem " bad version" after i updated my game version. Later on, i tried to download 103718 patch from Dayz Commander and it gives a " wrong CDK" notification.

I have deleted the folder in registry editor and installed both arma2 and arma2 OA AGAIN.

I opened both 2 games and didnt download beta from Steam. Then, i tried to download 103718 patch from Commander and it still gives me " Wrong CDK" notification.

I read over the posts, but i couldn't find out any information about " wrong CDK"  notification in Dayz Commander.

I played dayz for a long period of time and i love the game. Two days in summer without Dayz( well not the original dayz) makes me sad. 

Would anyone of you wanna help me?

My English is kinda bad. I apologize for that. 

Hello guys, I'm having this problem as well. I did everything you guys said trying to install 103718, went to regedit, verified game cache (it said that 4 files were missing and that it was replacing them), tried it on my laptop and I'm now re-installing arma 2 through steam (I have turned off auto updates for it). Still, nothing seems to work. It still says that 1.63 is newer than 1.62 and that I have a wrong CD key. If anyone can help, please do cause I want to get back into DayZ after almost a year. From my point of view, it looks like I'll have to buy a new retail copy of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA and then I will have to NOT install any of the patches for it. It's becoming annoying to have to go through all this process, so if you have a fix, please tell me. Thanks

Also, if you want to PM me, we can use Teamspeak or something and then go on TeamViewer so you can see from yourself and see if you can manually fix it. Thanks again

Correct translation sorry was at work multi tasking.

Hey I have a windows 8. Can you post somthing on how to fix the wrong CD key if i am using windows 8? I dont have a start menu at all. 

• Like 1

Hey guys I just got a windows 8 laptop and I am getting the wrong CD key message and I dont know how to fix it because I dont have a 'start' Menu at all. Can anyone help me at all?

Julsncpt, does the error message say anything about "Wrond ACR Key"? Do you see anything with ACR in the error message? If you do, then it's OK, just ignore it. Dayz Commander just doesn't detect the addon "Army of the Czech Republic" (ACR). It was what I was seeing. Trust me on this, it makes absolutely zero difference, it's just an annoyance. You can find the DLC on steam for i think 7 euros if you want to buy it though.

pls help me i have a problem a mayor one.i have arma 2 complete collection and i want to play dayz mod epoch and overwatch but i have newest version of arma 2 oa and it wont allow me to install the mods!!!

Hey I have a windows 8. Can you post somthing on how to fix the wrong CD key if i am using windows 8? I dont have a start menu at all. 

Press the Windows key aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39.on your keyboard.
  • If you're using a mouse, you can point to the lower-left corner of the screen and click the Start button wherever you are in Windows it will have the same emblem.
  • If you're on the desktop, tap or click the Start button.
This should bring up the alternate start menu for 8. After that just follow the steps listed prior in the thread.
Edited by Steak and Potatoes