FreedomFries (DayZ)

[FIXED] Bad Serial Key / Wrong CD-Key

it just said addon 'CAMisc_fix_str' requires addon 'SAStructureshouse_A_Office01'

Do you have a drop box account?

no..

Lets go simple since most the files should be in place.

• Run steam as admin.
  • Go to game library.
  • Right Click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties.
  • Select local files tab.
  • Select verify game cache.
  • Let that run and launch into the main menu to fix corrupt files.

Lets go simple since most the files should be in place.

• Run steam as admin.
  • Go to game library.
  • Right Click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties.
  • Select local files tab.
  • Select verify game cache.
  • Let that run and launch into the main menu to fix corrupt files.

ya ie done that. i did it again and it said that there was still 1 more problem and that one error 'CAMisc' is still coming up

I've done everything you guys said and everything is up to date but it still says bad version when I want to join?  :huh:

edit: found it, just had to untick a box "launch using steam". I reinstalled dayzcommander so I suppose it was on by default. :P

Thanks Steak & Cgz !

Edited by pentation

Okay, I have been playing the Dayz Mod alot ever since I decided not to play standalone due to no cars, and other annoying stuff that bugs me, but all of a sudden every time I go to start Arma 2, or pick a server for Dayz through Dayz Commander a message comes up saying "wrong cd key" apparently some people get this message when they have hacked versions of the game but I got mine directly of the steam store, this is also happening to my friend and it is constant I can never play the game, I have deleted Arma 2 and reinstalled it, and I am now in the process of doing so for Operation Arrowhead, also when I go in to the instal part of the Dayz Commander it says that my Arma 2 is "out of date" but every time I go in steam there is no update that seems to be coming through, and when I go to instal it via the Dayz Commander it comes up the same message about wrong CD key and everytime I go to play Arma 2 via the steam games menu it says "please update these games - Arma 2" but how do I update them?

Please comment below if you are having the same problem and maybe we can try to get it working together, it is extremely annoying and it stops me from playing the game all together!

Skype - swathyomg

Steam - swatchyftw

THANKS FOR READING!!!

Might have something to do with gamespy shutting down but that's just a guess.

Someone more knowledgeable should be around shortly.

Edited by Dchil

Make sure to read the pinned topics:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/97180-the-complete-thread-about-serialcd-key-problems/

Regarding the Beta Patch and wrong version errors there now is a notice in this section as well, you will have to read that:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187129-dayz-mod-current-problems-regarding-arma-2-operation-arrowhead-beta/

Make sure to read the pinned topics:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/97180-the-complete-thread-about-serialcd-key-problems/

Regarding the Beta Patch and wrong version errors there now is a notice in this section as well, you will have to read that:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187129-dayz-mod-current-problems-regarding-arma-2-operation-arrowhead-beta/

Hey, I've tried all the pinned topics and everything and absolutely nothing is working for me. This is very frustrating. Are there any fixes that are known to work but aren't pinned or mentioned in the pinned threads?

Hey, I've tried all the pinned topics and everything and absolutely nothing is working for me. This is very frustrating. Are there any fixes that are known to work but aren't pinned or mentioned in the pinned threads?

Every single step either Steak or me posted in there?

Also make sure that you definitely not have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta installed on Steam.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Every single step either Steak or me posted in there?

Also make sure that you definitely not have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta installed on Steam.

I've just made my own thread as opposed to hijacking someone elses who may have a completely different problem!

Okay I think I have got it working, follow this step by step guide if you have the same problem! also I am not too sure about people who use other programs and not dayz Commander but it may just work the same way!

1. Delete Arma 2 and reinstal it.

2. Delete Operation Arrowhead and reinstal it.

3. After you did that run Arma 2 and close it.

4. Do the same for Operation Arrowhead.

5. And the same for the Dayz Mod.

6. Then when you go to update the game via Dayz Commander it should work fine.

7. If not I guess just deleting everything to do with Dayz and Arma might also work.

THANKS!!!

Okay, I have been playing the Dayz Mod alot ever since I decided not to play standalone due to no cars, and other annoying stuff that bugs me, but all of a sudden every time I go to start Arma 2, or pick a server for Dayz through Dayz Commander a message comes up saying "wrong cd key" apparently some people get this message when they have hacked versions of the game but I got mine directly of the steam store, this is also happening to my friend and it is constant I can never play the game, I have deleted Arma 2 and reinstalled it, and I am now in the process of doing so for Operation Arrowhead, also when I go in to the instal part of the Dayz Commander it says that my Arma 2 is "out of date" but every time I go in steam there is no update that seems to be coming through, and when I go to instal it via the Dayz Commander it comes up the same message about wrong CD key and everytime I go to play Arma 2 via the steam games menu it says "please update these games - Arma 2" but how do I update them?

Please comment below if you are having the same problem and maybe we can try to get it working together, it is extremely annoying and it stops me from playing the game all together!

Skype - swathyomg

Steam - swatchyftw

THANKS FOR READING!!!

Merging

Hello, i just bought Arma II and decided to get The Arma II: DayZ Mod on Steam once i downloaded it i tried to open the dayZ mod it then says Addon 'DayZ_anim' requires addon 'CA_dubbing_Counterattack' i press ok and it continues anyway. it then pops up and says 'Bad Serial Number In Setup' PLEASE HELP

Merging

So my Steam update my ArmA2 OA. I hopped on through Dayz Commander and when i joined a server, it said my version, server rejected. So i attempted to update through DayZ commander and i get an error saying exactly : "The Version of ArmA2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)." When i hit "ok" i get another error stating "Wrong CD KEY." I cannot get on any server at all :( Please help!

Merging

• Like 1

The full accurate fix is this (im new to this game too!!)

1. Go to reg edit and navigate to "local user" / Software / Bohemia Interactive

2. Delete the entire Arma AO folder and close reg edit.

4. Open steam as admin and browse library and right click on Arma 2 OA and select properties / Local files and click Verify Integrity of game cache.

3. Launch both Arma 2 and Arma 2 AO up to the main menu and close (as Dayz commander does not see Arma AO installation until after you run first)

4. Run Dayzcommander and click install / updates and click to install the latest version of Arma 2 at the top of the page.

The game will then update to 1.62 and will be playable.

Still get "Bad version, server rejected connection."

A great help, worked for me anyway.

Many thanks guys :)

good luck everyone trying it as well.

Edited by TwoHammers
  • Like 2

I too have tried literally everything in this thread only to still get the "Bad version, server rejected connection". The only thing I think I may be doing wrong is manually applying the patch. I keep seeing posts saying to do it with a link to this:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

, but the version they say to download 103718 only leads to a text file not an exe like they're suggesting. Please for the love of god someone help me. :/

I run this through DayZ Commander, so the only way it lets me even attempt to open the game is to download the only zip file which is the current version in the link above. But I still get the "Bad version, server rejected connection" after it kicks me to the main menu. I was playing fine literally like 4 hours ago, but I clicked yes on a pop up through DayZ commander asking me to update something since it wouldn't let me play without it. None of the solutions I've read online have worked thus far so I post here to maybe get some help. ><

I don't know if it matters, but I did have the beta on steam installed initially, so I tried uninstalling it and to no avail it fixed nothing. Also I'm not able to find anything in my regedit regarding OA. Deleting the beta folder under expansions folder in OA also did nothing.

Have you turned off "automatically update this game" in your steam library/ game / properties tab ?. Otherwise it will keep updating to the latest version which most servers do not run.

I tried doing what was suggested but still, it says wrong cd key when I try to update the beta manually, using the beta patch link. 

I bought Arma 2 Combined Operations while ago, after it installed Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, right after downloaded and installed dayz commander. 

Soon after I updated within ARMA 2 dayz commander but when I clicked to install a message appeared saying: Wrong CD Key, and completed the installation. And whenever I go into servers can not always say Wrong CD Key

I just bought Combined Operations during the recent steam sale and every time I join some server it gives that error, and I get kicked a couple of minutes later. This is pretty ridiculous. What do I do to get it to stop this nonsense?

Edited by 1000 Screaming Badgers

When does this happen exactly? When you're trying to join a server? Which version do you have installed and which one is running on the server?

The authentification was changed recently and it can very well be possible that you're trying to join the wrong server, as it might not be compatible.

When does this happen exactly? When you're trying to join a server? Which version do you have installed and which one is running on the server?

The authentification was changed recently and it can very well be possible that you're trying to join the wrong server, as it might not be compatible.

It happens when I join any server, Battleye will initialize, then right below it will say registration failed: invalid cd key. I can join the sever but I will get kicked after a couple of minutes or so. I used Dayz Commander to install everything and hid any servers with wrong versions of dayz/arma. Dayzcommander updated the game to 1.63 but that also gave a wrong cd key error, although it installed the update regardless.