SamKablam

[FIXED] Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection

Steak and Potatoes's solution worked for me. Deleting the reg keys seems to be the critical part. I would highly recommend trying this for those still having the bug:

• Go start menu select run
  • Type in regedit hit enter.
  • Select local machine hit control F.
  • Search Arma OA
  • Delete the Arma OA in bohemia interactive and bohemia interactive studios folders.
  • Launch steam as admin.
  • Go to games library right click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties
  • Local files
  • Verify gamecache

Afterwards you will go into commander and update your beta patch, it should not give you further issues just a fresh DL.

Worked for a few guys I helped earlier see here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187032-issue-w-updating-in-dayz-commander/

Hey guys i fixed my issue by verifying integrity of both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA on Steam, and after starting both to menu and exiting out, my ARMA 2 on DayZcommander said it was updated! Not sure what happened but it worked so im happy! Thanks for the amount of help and suggestions, gl to all who still haven't fixed it!

Okay, so I went to play DayZ Epoch tonight, and I keep getting error messages when trying to connect:

e8az4E9.jpg

I haven't changed any settings at all in my DayZCommander. It's always worked fine. I did notice, however, that my Arma 2 version seems to be newer than the "current release". Mine is v1.63, and the "current release" is 1.62. Is this what's causing the issue? I am confused. This was a pain in the ass to get working after my last format, and I don't want to go through all of the possible problems all over again. I just want it to work.

I am attaching pictures of all of my DayZCommander settings below:

rYoj1tU.jpgdeP6wvQ.jpgNYsYu1B.jpg

Any help sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: This is the error message I get when I choose to update the Arma 2 version in DayZCommander:

qzTfpiz.jpg

Edited by Grimey Rick

well iv'e just tried to install the new update 103718 (stable)  and i get ArmA 2 Not found (out of date) as i try to install i get the ArmA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62) then i get Wrong CD key. terying to download/install through 'day z commander

i was playing Day Z mod 2 days ago now i cant play i need help many thanks.

Edited by Crazy one

Thanks but how do i validate on steam sorry never had to do stuff like this

DO NOT install 1.63.

Its not backwards compatible with any other patches so the servers wont let you in.

So for the time being, dont use the steam Arma 2 OA Beta Patch, simply delete it.

You need to roll back to 1.62, as DayZ is running on that.

Heres what you do mate:

Step 1: Go to your Arma 2 OA directory

• ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion

Step 2: Delete the Folder named "beta"

Step 3: Install another beta patch

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Just right click arma 2 operation arrowhead in your steam library, go to properties and select the local files tab. Under that tab, you are given the option to verify the integrity of the game cache- select this. After running that, run vanilla arma 2 operation arrowhead and exit it after entering the main menu.

- Nevermind, it seems byrgesen has solved your problem.

Edited by rustledmyjimmies

Dont mind the no cd-key pop up though, it does that from time to time when you install the beta patches, but it does not hurt your game at all.

You should still be able to launch it and play just fine :)

Sorry guys im lost haven't a clue, it keeps automatically updating in Dayz commander i try to reinstall previous version, ive deleted Arma 2 AO beta off of steam 

Keeps saying Arma 2 not found as well 

PS would it be better for me to delete everything and re install it all

Edited by Crazy one

A reinstall would deffinatly take care of it, as long as you chose the correct beta to install.

But have you tryed to pick an older beta in DayZ commander?

Does it still auto update?

A reinstall would deffinatly take care of it, as long as you chose the correct beta to install.

But have you tryed to pick an older beta in DayZ commander?

Does it still auto update?

Yeah i pick the previous version to install, and it goes straight back to 1.63

I recently got Arma 2 as a gift, and I got really excited. I really wanted to play DayZ on Arma, but it doesn't seem to work. I use DayZ Commander, and ever since I ran the beta patch, DayZ Commander gives me this error next to ARMA 2:

62f6eced0bc88466e8ae08a5f5832dfd.png

So I click Install, and then it gives me these two errors:

e1da1cb5ac120773a633acc45037ef90.pnga95f5dae9fc767a5ff34be8dfac8211e.png

Can someone please help me with this? I've been very excited to play the game. I waited about 6 hours to install Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA.

Did you download ACR? I have yet to ever seen that through my experiences with Arma I just knew that was a mod to my understanding. 

My next guess would to go into your steam library, right click on your game and one of the options should allow you to check and make sure everything was installed correctly. After that I do not know anything else to help you with! I am very sorry, best of luck!

If you do get it working, message me and I'd love to play with you!

well iv'e just tried to install the new update 103718 (stable)  and i get ArmA 2 Not found (out of date) as i try to install i get the ArmA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62) then i get Wrong CD key. terying to download/install through 'day z commander

i was playing Day Z mod 2 days ago now i cant play i need help many thanks.

Merging

So ive been working on this for 4 days now, clicked on every website and pretty much seen and done everything. Everything appears to be in the correct version, yet i still get "Bad version, server rejected connection"

What ive done:

Deleted and reinstalled the game about 5 times. Installed it with steam running as admin.

moved add on files to OA (fixed a diff problem)

manually updated it to 1.62, but dayz commander seems to be doing that for me finally

verified game cache... alot!

run all the games... obviously. (seems like people post that alot, but its needed to even open daYZ  cmdr so duh)

Idk, please help, dont say "i think" i just want the answer to fix this, there must be something im missing.

commander says im oin 103718, dayz at 1.8.0.3

edit: i should add im on steam, i bought an amazon copy too, but that one appears to be just as screwy.

Does "bad CD key" affect anything?

Edited by Fritolay77

So ive been working on this for 4 days now, clicked on every website and pretty much seen and done everything. Everything appears to be in the correct version, yet i still get "Bad version, server rejected connection"

What ive done:

Deleted and reinstalled the game about 5 times. Installed it with steam running as admin.

moved add on files to OA (fixed a diff problem)

manually updated it to 1.62, but dayz commander seems to be doing that for me finally

verified game cache... alot!

run all the games... obviously. (seems like people post that alot, but its needed to even open daYZ  cmdr so duh)

Idk, please help, dont say "i think" i just want the answer to fix this, there must be something im missing.

commander says im oin 103718, dayz at 1.8.0.3

edit: i should add im on steam, i bought an amazon copy too, but that one appears to be just as screwy.

Does "bad CD key" affect anything?

Merging

Finally bought OA after owning Arma II for about 3 years. Trying to get DayZ to work. I installed Arma II and launched to menu. Installed OA and launched to menu. DayZ Commander reports Arma Version 1.62.103718 installed and DayZ 1.8.0.3. However when I try to connect to a server the game says Bad version connection refused and in the lower right corner the game says its running 1.62.95248.

Can anyone help me with this?

I purchased arma II complete edition yesterday, which includes multiple DLC including the OA, and OA beta. I ran all the programs once before loading the steam downloaded version of Dayz. When i go to a server, it says i have version 1.62 and i need 1.62.103718. I have searched the internet and have found basic instructions that i dont understand for updating the NON steam version of dayz thru programs that provide no instructions on how to operate and i do not understand. does anyone know a way to update the STEAM version of dayz to 1.62.103718? I am at a total loss here on how to do any of this and am very upset that i have just purchased a game that is completely unplayable without loads of tinkering that i dont have the skill or knowledge to complete. Every instruction guide on here assumes knowledge of programs that i have no clue how to operate and is for updating the NON steam version. Can anyone help my NOOB self, or point me in the right direction?