SamKablam

[FIXED] Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection

hi guys i was playing dayz earlier this morning when i quit. I came back an hour later to play and couldnt join a server because i got the error message "Bad Version, server rejected connection." and when i went on Dayz Comander it said ARMA 2 was not found and out of date. The current version its running is 103718 and its stable. I tried finding new ARMA 2 versions but couldnt find any. it doesnt give me the option to reinstall but only to install and after i did that i get a message asking if i want to install the ARMA 2 OA Patch Build 103718 Beta. After i say yes, i get an error message saying, "The version of ARMA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62). After pressing ok i get another error message saying, "The version of ArmA2 ACR (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)." and after hittiing ok i go back to the install/update on DayzComammander and it says ARMA 2 is not found and out of date. I asked my friend what version he's running and he said is up to date and running 103718......

any solutions pls? preferably without downloading from any websites i cant trust

"

Do you have it on Steam and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta installed on there? If yes, you most likely need to reinstall the game.

Happened to me earlier today - it updates to 1.63 and you can't currently downgrade to 1.62 anymore. Try reinstalling ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and install 1.62.103718 manually and do not install the ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead BETA from Steam.

• Like 1

Hey guys, lately my arma OA has been acting up. I was just playing on epoch panthera yesterday, and when I go ton this morning, it feels like thousands of problems have arisen. First off, I can't join any DayZ servers, regardless of the mod, version, or map. I checked the version in the regular OA server browser, and in DayZ commander, and commander is the only one that says my mods are up to date. After verifying the integrity of my game cache, and reinstalling a few mods, the problem is gone, but a new one came up. It says like it did earlier, that my version is not the required version the server is running. I apparently have 1.62, and the required version is 1.62.103718. It shows that the required version is 1.62 for the first few seconds after opening the server browser, but then it switches the required version to what was mentioned above. I am extremely confused by the sudden plethora of problems that have come up overnight, and I was wondering if any of you could help me out. If anything was unclear, just ask me to re explain it and I'll gladly do it :)

P.S. If I join whilst the server version and the client version are matched, it kicks me out and says 'Bad server, rejected connection.'

Edited by Lewillis4

Do you have it on Steam and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta installed on there? If yes, you most likely need to reinstall the game.

Happened to me earlier today - it updates to 1.63 and you can't currently downgrade to 1.62 anymore. Try reinstalling ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and install 1.62.103718 manually and do not install the ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead BETA from Steam.

Well that worked. Oh no it actually made the problem much worse. Now it says "Bad Serial Number Given At Setup". Fuck Steam I hate Steam...

EDIT: After a few relaunch attempts it went back to the previous problem (version out of date). It's a Steam thing for sure, my friends with the real version of ARMA2 and OA aren't having this problem.

Edited by Black Dynamite

hi, after the update came out for the beta i find that i cant play on my server again (don't own) it says "Bad version, server reject connect." and comes up in the version part 0.00103718 and i have 0.00 i have no clue what to do theres a screen shot of the error and server info.

thanks

post-204478-0-00899800-1397880973_thumb.

The version of ArmA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent then this patch version (1.62). This is said when I try to update my ArmA 2 on DayZ commander. I have tried a few things like verify steam cache. It started happening on 19/04/2014/ April 19 2014. Any help is accepted thank you.

So you are asking to downgrade?

• Go to your directory of Arma 2 OA ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
  • Delete the Folder named "beta"
  • Manually downgrade beta - http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
  • download the 103718 patch + run exe

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

Edited by kichilron
<3
  • Like 4

Well that worked. Oh no it actually made the problem much worse. Now it says "Bad Serial Number Given At Setup". Fuck Steam I hate Steam...

EDIT: After a few relaunch attempts it went back to the previous problem (version out of date). It's a Steam thing for sure, my friends with the real version of ARMA2 and OA aren't having this problem.

Did you make sure not to install the Steam-Version of the Beta after all?

• Like 1

• Go start menu select run
  • Type in regedit hit enter.
  • Select local machine hit control F.
  • Search Arma OA
  • Delete the Arma OA in bohemia interactive and bohemia interactive studios folders.
  • Launch steam as admin.
  • Go to games library right click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties
  • Local files
  • Verify gamecache

Afterwards you will go into commander and update your beta patch, it should not give you further issues just a fresh DL.

Worked for a few guys I helped earlier see here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187032-issue-w-updating-in-dayz-commander/

• Like 1

• Go to your directory of Arma 2 OA ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
  • download patch + run exe

Hey, Thank you so much. It worked and right now I would literally hug you. (No Homo) lol

Edited by killerbob54
  • Like 1

Hey, Thank you so much. It worked and right now I would literally hug you. (No Homo) lol

Awesome, have fun playing.

• Like 1

So yesterday after work i see i need to download the update version 1.62 and i had 1.63 so i tried to fix it last night couldn't get it done. I got it fixed this morning but when i log in i play for about a min and the screen turns white and crashes on me.  I have tried verifying the game cache and uninstalling and reinstalling which i've done maybe 4 times now since last night.. I've tried searching for an answer and can't find anything maybe I didn't look hard enough but i have looked.. Hope someone can help.. Thanks in advance

I don't know why, but all the solutions that seemed to help everybody else with this problem aren't helping me at all.

This is very weird, and I have been working at it for hours and I'm just now posting a thread about it, because I'm not particularly sure if I have done EVERYTHING to help with the situation.

If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated.

Every time I try to get on an Epoch server from DayZ commander, I get the "Bad version server rejected connection" message,

It's ridiculous how nothing is fixing it.

Edited by Scotch Bingeington

I don't know why, but all the solutions that seemed to help everybody else with this problem aren't helping me at all.

This is very weird, and I have been working at it for hours and I'm just now posting a thread about it, because I'm not particularly sure if I have done EVERYTHING to help with the situation.

If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated.

Every time I try to get on an Epoch server from DayZ commander, I get the "Bad version server rejected connection" message,

It's ridiculous how nothing is fixing it.

That's exactly what I was talking about and exactly the problems I have described. Please stick to one of the existing topics to find a solution. Read the stickies I have provided in the other thread and go by one of the (very detailed) tutorials Steak and Poatoes has provided.

Merging

Edited by kichilron

So yesterday after work i see i need to download the update version 1.62 and i had 1.63 so i tried to fix it last night couldn't get it done. I got it fixed this morning but when i log in i play for about a min and the screen turns white and crashes on me.  I have tried verifying the game cache and uninstalling and reinstalling which i've done maybe 4 times now since last night.. I've tried searching for an answer and can't find anything maybe I didn't look hard enough but i have looked.. Hope someone can help.. Thanks in advance

Merging. Please read the stickies and stick to one of the existing topics.

hi, after the update came out for the beta i find that i cant play on my server again (don't own) it says "Bad version, server reject connect." and comes up in the version part 0.00103718 and i have 0.00 i have no clue what to do theres a screen shot of the error and server info.

thanks

Merging

Hey guys, lately my arma OA has been acting up. I was just playing on epoch panthera yesterday, and when I go ton this morning, it feels like thousands of problems have arisen. First off, I can't join any DayZ servers, regardless of the mod, version, or map. I checked the version in the regular OA server browser, and in DayZ commander, and commander is the only one that says my mods are up to date. After verifying the integrity of my game cache, and reinstalling a few mods, the problem is gone, but a new one came up. It says like it did earlier, that my version is not the required version the server is running. I apparently have 1.62, and the required version is 1.62.103718. It shows that the required version is 1.62 for the first few seconds after opening the server browser, but then it switches the required version to what was mentioned above. I am extremely confused by the sudden plethora of problems that have come up overnight, and I was wondering if any of you could help me out. If anything was unclear, just ask me to re explain it and I'll gladly do it :)

P.S. If I join whilst the server version and the client version are matched, it kicks me out and says 'Bad server, rejected connection.'

Merging

hi guys i was playing dayz earlier this morning when i quit. I came back an hour later to play and couldnt join a server because i got the error message "Bad Version, server rejected connection." and when i went on Dayz Comander it said ARMA 2 was not found and out of date. The current version its running is 103718 and its stable. I tried finding new ARMA 2 versions but couldnt find any. it doesnt give me the option to reinstall but only to install and after i did that i get a message asking if i want to install the ARMA 2 OA Patch Build 103718 Beta. After i say yes, i get an error message saying, "The version of ARMA 2 OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62). After pressing ok i get another error message saying, "The version of ArmA2 ACR (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)." and after hittiing ok i go back to the install/update on DayzComammander and it says ARMA 2 is not found and out of date. I asked my friend what version he's running and he said is up to date and running 103718......

any solutions pls? preferably without downloading from any websites i cant trust

"

Merging

Hi,

I just bought the DayZ Mod, and when I started using DayZ Commander, this happened.

http://imgur.com/dvg2gQM

Isn't there meant to be something like where it says (Arma 2: 10738) in the red box I made but saying DayZ? I watched a Commander tutorial and that's what I think was meant to happen..

Hi,

I just bought the DayZ Mod, and when I started using DayZ Commander, this happened.

http://imgur.com/dvg2gQM

Isn't there meant to be something like where it says (Arma 2: 10738) in the red box I made but saying DayZ? I watched a Commander tutorial and that's what I think was meant to happen..

Merging

I have merged a few topics regarding this. Make sure to read through the existing ones and the stickies before posting a new one.

Important to note:

Do not install the Steam-Version of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta

Instead install the Beta Patch manually (needs to be 103718)

Edited by kichilron

Merging

I have merged a few topics regarding this. Make sure to read through the existing ones and the stickies before posting a new one.

Important to note:

Do not install the Steam-Version of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta

Instead install the Beta Patch manually (needs to be 103718)

Nope. It's not that simple 

Nope. It's not that simple 

Go here and delete the Expansion\beta folder as well:

C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\ArmA 2

C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles

• Go start menu select run
  • Type in regedit hit enter.
  • Select local machine hit control F.
  • Search Arma OA
  • Delete the Arma OA in bohemia interactive and bohemia interactive studios folders.
  • Launch steam as admin.
  • Go to games library right click on Arma OA.
  • Go to properties
  • Local files
  • Verify gamecache

Afterwards you will go into commander and update your beta patch, it should not give you further issues just a fresh DL.

Worked for a few guys I helped earlier see here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187032-issue-w-updating-in-dayz-commander/

• download the 103718 patch + run exe

I tried both of these and neither of them worked, sadly. :( I'm not even sure of what the issue is.