Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

Lone Wolf: How To Live A Few More DayZ

Copy and pasted this from my post on Steam, sorry.

1) Reenact D-Day up the beach and away from spawncampers. 
2) Look at the sun and make sure you know the server time. It rises in the East and sets in the West. That should give you rough bearings.
3) Travel about 20 meters off of DIRT roads and if you must, 50 off of paved roads.
4) Hit up small towns, find a gun and wait till night to hit up larger cities and airfields.
5) ALWAYS LOG OFF IN A SAFE PLACE. TAKE YOUR TIME.
6) Encounter another player *SIMULATION* if you KoS proceed to step 7; if your friendly roll a die. If it lands on 1-6, return to step one.
7) Feel remorse
8) Sit on shipwreck, looking at the sunset over the ocean waves as you ponder life; about whether or not you should live for a few more DayZ
9) Decide to live, begin to exit shipwreck.
10) Return to step one.

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

The only useful thing you mentioned here was the Sun rises in East and sets in West.

With that aside, you can just run up the road with the water to your right and get to Berezino, and loot that town.

you can just run up the road with the water to your right and get to Berezino, and loot that town.

*CRACK*

"You are dead."

• Like 6

I thought the sun was still bugged and rising in the southeast on standalone? It does for my game. I've checked it with the compass a few times too, it seems to set in the northwest.

*CRACK*

"You are dead."

I've ran up that road many times, yet to be shot at except for one time..

I've ran up that road many times, yet to be shot at except for one time..

Was this on low pop. Servers? My experience has told me to stay off of main roads.

Was this on low pop. Servers? My experience has told me to stay off of main roads.

Nope. I've died up in NEAF and got a Southern Berezino spawn and ran all the way back up there with no issues on 30-40 pop servers.

Nope. I've died up in NEAF and got a Southern Berezino spawn and ran all the way back up there with no issues on 30-40 pop servers.

Most of the snipers in Berezino are too far from that road to bother trying to shoot a fresh spawn. If you stick on the coastal road and don't go into town you can generally run straight through without stopping.

Edit: my phone autocorrected it to Berezini? Wtf

Edited by Facetentacles
  • Like 1

Honestly, shooting fresh spawns gets you no loot, it's not bad for the new spawn playerbecause they can just respawn again, and all it does it give away your position whilst popping away at new spawned.

You probably get a few dicks shooting fresh spawns but otherwise it has very few positive outcomes and it would make more sense to snipe a location where killing players earned you more loot or tears, whichever you are after.