nexventor

My thoughts on latest experimental build

Ok so played quite a few hours last night and this morning on the experimental and heres my thoughts.

Goods:

- Bugger all food, I liked it. Spent so much time hunting for food this maybe because I joined the server late and not actually a feature but none the less shows to me they should reduce food

- 75 people on a server, very very cool

- Zombies are a forced to be reckoned with

- Made a bow but couldn't fire it, I think I need arrows

- Seemed like wall glitching had been fixed. Not 100% sure further testing needs to be conducted but I couldn't do it at NEAF prison in 1PP

- Mouse control feels good however there is still issue that the inventory curser is half the sensitivity than your body turning which is a bit frustrating

- A lot less rubber banding even with 5 people on the server

Bads:

- 1 Hit unconscious from Zom which I never waked up from and died. I don't necessarily have problem with this but when they are silent and can go through walls, that's pretty tough.

- Field of view slider affecting M4 distance too much. When I have it about half way, which I need to for 1PP, the scope is extremely zoomed out when ads. I preferred the old system better

- Canned sardines are invisible

Overall a great experience and people who like the night time game will love the accelerated time. Can't wait till this on stable.

Oh and to all the people complaining that there are no friendly players.... they are all on experimental lol. Ran into so many players and not a single shot was fired, so dude even gave me food.

Anyway that is first impression, will update after I have played more.

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 1

Ok so played quite a few hours last night and this morning on the experimental and heres my thoughts.

Goods:
- Bugger all food, I liked it. Spent so much time hunting for food this maybe because I joined the server late and not actually a feature but none the less shows to me they should reduce food
- 75 people on a server, very very cool
- Zombies are a forced to be reckoned with
- Made a bow but couldn't fire it, I think I need arrows
- Seemed like wall glitching had been fixed. Not 100% sure further testing needs to be conducted but I couldn't do it at NEAF prison in 1PP
- Mouse control feels good however there is still issue that the inventory curser is half the sensitivity than your body turning which is a bit frustrating  

Bads:
- 1 Hit unconscious from Zom which I never waked up from and died. I don't necessarily have problem with this but when they are silent and can go through walls, that's pretty tough.
- Field of view slider affecting M4 distance too much. When I have it about half way, which I need to for 1PP, the scope is extremely zoomed out when ads. I preferred the old system better

Overall a great experience and people who like the night time game will love the accelerated time. Can't wait till this on stable.

Oh and to all the people complaining that there are no friendly players.... they are all on experimental lol. Ran into so many players and not a single shot was fired, so dude even gave me food.

Anyway that is first impression, will update after I have played more.

Ouch... That's no good if is that bad.Half speed will be ruff.

Seems good! Hopefully they'll get all the Bads cleared up quickly :)

I believe you can zoom in while aiming down sights by holding right click?

• Like 1

havent tried everything myself but:

100 player server is just as smooth/unsmooth as 40-50 people server

only tried dropping something once, lagged abit (i get bad frames anyway so could be that)

lots of people everywhere, which is interesting, now just need to spread these people around the coast abit more so it isn't an east coast punch fest

time acceleration seemed around 1-2 hours for a full cycle, abit short in my opinion, and sometimes the....lighting i guess shifts from one part of the day to the next, rather than being a gradual (but faster) change

might just be me but felt darker at nights than usual

and some buildings (the red brick bar is only one i remember) no longer make footsteps as you walk? like eerily quiet

can hear random zombie sounds all the time, as well as random eating, drinking, combining, reloading but not so frequently

overall a great update, 1 change to the engine (guaranteed messages) and have managed to double the server population, showing the potential dayz has, and the new physics will be fun to play with once get more practice (gonna try throwing something to my friend and see if he can "catch" it)

Bads:

HAHAHA. That's from a few experimental patches ago. Hold M2 to zoom while ADS'd.

Edited by hotcakes

HAHAHA. That's from a few experimental patches ago. Hold M2 to zoom while ADS'd.

Wow you don't say?

I preferred the old system better

Have not tryed the bow jet.

So... can i make it from rope + ashwood sticks?

And what ammo dus it use?

But for the moste time i have been running around in the dark.

Found a 1911 engraved with a mag and flashlight looks cool.

But i don't need it so prob gona go to the shore and give it to some new player along with a spare assault vest i still carry.

Yeah the problem with the bow ATM is you can't carry another weapon with it. You make it from ashwood and rope which crafted the bow and had an arrow but the arrow wouldn't fire. I am guessing it is just a place holder at this stage. I am not cure how to craft arrows yet.

Yeah the problem with the bow ATM is you can't carry another weapon with it. You make it from ashwood and rope which crafted the bow and had an arrow but the arrow wouldn't fire. I am guessing it is just a place holder at this stage. I am not cure how to craft arrows yet.

That ashwood stick, is that something lying around or is it something you get from trees?

I haven't encountered it yet in any loot spawns at least.

100 player servers = good good

•  Don't really like playing at south coast. So now it's nice to bump into other players in places that you would normaly not see anyone.
  •  Performance seems pretty good. Few times bad lag spikes, couldn't open doors or do anything. But i guess that happens on normal servers too.
  •  MAKE 100 SLOTS HARDCORE SERVER PLZ !!!

Fast time = Win

• If not too fast.
  • The moon rising, just wow.

Overall latest experimental is definetly step forward. Well melee is kinda off now. But other then that, me likes. Mouse 1:1 *woot*

I didn't notice any difference performance wise when it came to the 100 player servers although i did only play for like half an hour. However a friend who played longer had pretty frequent crashes which he didn't on the stable branch.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf

That ashwood stick, is that something lying around or is it something you get from trees?

I found a stick in a shed, so they definitely spawn. Don't think we are able to interact with trees or bushes.

Still don't know how to make arrows though, it's not by combining sticks and a knife at least.

Yeah lying round, I found one in one of those small sheds with the red doors that have all the motorcycle helmets in them.

Edited by NexVentor