Sign in to follow this  
imstyyle

Broken legs in the ocean no respawn?

i broke my legs in the ocean and whenever i die there is no re spawn button. i left and joined another server i just spawned in the ocean with broken legs and i died again with no re spawn button. any ideas on how to kill my self or reset my character?

This is really frustrating seeing that i payed 30 dollars for the game, given that it is alpha, it is still very annoying...

I had this problem before.  I just keep logging back in and eventually crawled to the shore.  I had a player kill me off and it was fixed.

but i keep dying whenever im in the ocean.... so i cant crawl ill just die in 20 seconds

Have you tried starving to death, or is it instantaneous death?

Try deleting your DayZ character from your DayZ files and it should start a whole new guy, new spawn and everything.

Should be under Documents > DayZ > Then delete both

YourName.DayZProfile
YourName.vars.DayZProfile

After those are deleted try loading it up and joining a server.

How the f.....did you break your legs in the ocean...

2. What were you doing out there? There's nothing on those islands.

3. Wedge a quarter in your keys swim to land and just crawl until a zed finds you or starve to death..go for a smoke run or something

• Like 1

Like Shaeg said, just put something on your W key and go AFK. 

Obviously a new/better way needs to be implemented to reset your character if you're having problems.

If two people are experiencing the same exact issue and are stuck and unable to play the game, either the gaming company needs tech support to manually reset it or a new way for you to reset your character needs to be implemented in game.

• Like 1

Try deleting your DayZ character from your DayZ files and it should start a whole new guy, new spawn and everything.

It shouldn't and it won't.

This is a know issue and we're working on a fix.

• Like 1

I had this problem. I died in the water with broken legs but the respawn button would still be grayed out. Turns out my character wasn't actually dead. I had to wait for my character to starve to death then i could respawn. Hope it works for you.

• Like 1

It says you're dead, but you really arent. You have to wait for "normal" death to occur, for example by starvation. Just leave the game running on some server so you can starve to death.

This is really frustrating seeing that i payed 30 dollars for the game, given that it is alpha, it is still very annoying...

No one forced you to buy the game, and the disclaimer tells you clearly what you'll have to deal with if you want to play it.

They are working on a suicide feature, but that was with a gun, I don't think that'll be possible whilst you are swimming...

They are working on a suicide feature, but that was with a gun, I don't think that'll be possible whilst you are swimming...

yeah, you saw that thread with video, which one was deleted too?