Sign in to follow this  
Infinity25k

Pistols

When I carry a mosin and I'm close quarters I use an FNX or Magnum usually. I really like pistols during night time with a pistol flashlight. :thumbsup:

2506p9t.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 5

Sometimes I like to do a life where I limit myself to handguns. My favourites are the classics, the FNX and the revolver.

On my hardcore server character I am currently using an M4 for almost everything but I also have an Amphibia S for zombies.

• Like 1

Fnx or magnum kills just as good as m4 with less recoil

Fnx or magnum kills just as good as m4 with less recoil

I don't know if you're responding to me, but unless I'm doing a self-imposed handguns only run my sidearm is a backup and nothing more. When I am doing a self-imposed handguns only run though I agree with you and enjoy using those two weapons due to their power. I find the recent additions mostly poor.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

I don't know if you're responding to me, but unless I'm doing a self-imposed handguns only run my sidearm is a backup and nothing more. When I am doing a self-imposed handguns only run though I agree with you and enjoy using those two weapons due to their power. I find the recent additions mostly poor.

I am a sniper by trade and experienced hunter IRL..but in game when I scavenge I use my fnx or magnum and I have the majority of my firefights against bandits in close quarters with pistols. The bandits tend to miss to much with the m4 I have had guys empty a whole 60mag on me and hit me once lol. The recoil is terrible. While they are spraying I put 3-10 controlled shots to their chest and dome. Really..with a pistol point at chest..spam mouse button..target dies. The low recoil is awesome and easy to shoot targets while movie ng and straffing.. try straffing and moving while shooting with the m4 its terrible

I hold my own quite well against hostile players using an M4 or SKS, I tend to favour those over pistols as I feel I have a clearer view with those weapons when zoomed in. I am really not very good at taking on players with pistols so I'll only use those if I run out of ammo or am in close quarters. Or, as I mentioned, when imposing a 'handguns only' rule on my self.

I do, and I pretty much use them over my "primary" weapon unless it's an M4.

haha.. ha... yeah.. uh..

I may or may not have 6 pistols right now...

• Like 1

I find the side arms to be completely useless due to their spread.

Meanwhile in arma 2 the side arms were a good defensive weapon even the makarov. I never felt outguned when I had a pistol so long as they were within 100 yards.

• Like 1

Pretty pointless, but I carry an FNX45 or a 1911.

90% of the time, your primary will be so much more powerful that it's pointless whipping a pistol out.

@Mosin users that switch to a pistol

Hint: Your primary can OHKO. 

Edited by hotcakes

The low recoil is awesome and easy to shoot targets while movie ng and straffing.. try straffing and moving while shooting with the m4 its terrible

Which is kinda odd when you think about it... 5.56 carbine should be more controllable than a .45 pistol.

• Like 2

Which is kinda odd when you think about it... 5.56 carbine should be more controllable than a .45 pistol.

Yes!

I've shot an AR-15 and several .45 pistols. The AR-15 was a lot easier to stay on target, and had a lot less recoil / kick. It was easy to put rounds down at the same thing, over and over again, while the pistols had kick that made it quite difficult to do just that.

Mosly use the .44 magnum if i'm not running with a second weapon like a m4 or sks while i have a mosin nagant on my back.

But i don't run 2 primary weapons thad offten any more.

So mosly carry a .44 magnum, though i have a 1911 Engraved at the moment cuz it looks nice.

Ammo for magnum is not to hard to find and no mag needed to fill her up.

It may be diffrent When suppresors start working so they double as zombie stopper.

Prob see suppresors for 1911 and cr75 as wel if they fix the suppresor.

Mosly use the .44 magnum if i'm not running with a second weapon like a m4 or sks while i have a mosin nagant on my back.

So mosly carry a .44 magnum, though i have a 1911 Engraved at the moment cuz it looks nice.

It may be diffrent When suppresors start working so they double as zombie stopper.

Lets not also forget how much smoke the m4 produces almost like it fires black powder.

• Like 2

The magnum is a beast, the FNX45 is sketchy. I once had my FXN45 out when two guys came at me; the first guy took 14 shots to the chest to drop, and the second guy dropped with one between the eyes, followed by a series of clicks. Problem is though, I find the FNX45 extremely inaccurate. The magnum, however, drops anybody in my sights. 

I currently have an M1911 on my character, and the only time I used it was against a garden hoe wielding clown. First clip dropped him, until a couple minutes later when he jumped out from a bush at me and my friend mowed him down with an M4. Seven round clips are way too small. 

Edited by LigerRider

Magnum is awesome. I think it's zeroed to 200m so not really any problems close range if you aim neck/chin height.

I also carry a sporter, which is of course permanently zeroed to 50m. Very useful vs zombies and it's a laugh vs bandits as they usually can't even hear you if you're 90m~ out.

The magnum is a beast, the FNX45 is sketchy. I once had my FXN45 out when two guys came at me; the first guy took 14 shots to the chest to drop, and the second guy dropped with one between the eyes, followed by a series of clicks. Problem is though, I find the FNX45 extremely inaccurate. The magnum, however, drops anybody in my sights. 

I currently have an M1911 on my character, and the only time I used it was against a garden hoe wielding clown. First clip dropped him, until a couple minutes later when he jumped out from a bush at me and my friend mowed him down with an M4. Seven round clips are way too small. 

Odd I had the exact opposite experience with FNX vs Magnum. I have killed someone with a single headshot at +25 meters using the scope on the FNX and the Magnum seems to be rather sketchy at anything past 10 meters.

Edited by weedmasta

If I find heaps of pistol ammo/mags I usually use them to kill zombies and save ammo for SKS/Mosin.

There is a 9mm suppressor for the CR-75.

The 1911 doesn't have a suppressor because it doesn't have a threaded barrel, so it wouldn't fit onto the base gun.

I just found an engraved 1911.. white pearl handle grips. Im enamored to say the least.

It sits in between my kitted .45 and my Amphibia. 3 mags for each pistol. 

I like me some back-up. 

Edited by lrish

I keep one more as a give away weapon to respawned friends who's going to act as scouts since it can be carried unnoticed.

People tend to be friendlier and less scared to unarmed freshies so they let them loot in peace and while the fully geared guys wait as a QRU if they run into bandits or other not-tax-paying-long-haired-evil-doing-clown-mask-wearing-baddies.