leviathanapsu

Secure Bases vs Server Hoppers

I haven't seen anything else doing a few searches that quite touched this, so here goes. Having yet not played the game, but watching a large number of others play, I have considered the problem that comes along with base building. Server hoppers can come against a well built and defended base they can't manage to penetrate. They then just hop to another server, move in the direction they want to be and hop back. Suddenly they are inside the defenses. I thought it might be interesting to designate a home-base server for those who plan to build structures. Within your home-base server where you are likely to do all of your major building, you get a certain amount of space you can designate as no-spawn location. A circle around whatever point you set (unable to be altered without resetting your home server) that pushes anyone logging in there to the outer rim. This way, you can build a small base and prevent cheating to gain entry without violating anyone else's rights. If you try to have a base too big for your sphere, it is no different then when you have too much territory to try and watch in real life. Someone can slip through a crack. Multiple players can overlap their areas so that the larger a group is, the larger their base can be as a defensive structure. and setting a no-spawn zone. I think this would go a long way towards a more immersive and secure sense of building when the base building is put in. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

However, this could be used in cities to prevent spawning there. Maybe it shouldn't be able to be used in cities, but otherwise I agree.

that's why i'd suggest for somehow feedback system to report people that play glitches and abuse of server hopping during fights.

Won't change raise the time even to 500 seconds, dayz is a game that needs to be played slowly...5 minutes more or less won't change things. People are still there!

As we are on a pre-alpha, devs needs at our feedbacks and somehow of report to recognise a player that is doing something wrong. This is needed as we can improve more accurately their development.

I think devs can't stand here and read differents frustrating post about differents problems that confound their ideas of how to proceed.

"Only because we are in alpha", once dead is needed a ticket to send to the devs that says: "How you died?" ...and you choose between "Probably cheating" and write your statement...or "glitch abuse" write your statement..... "Regular death (Killed on sight, tortured, starving, poisoned)", and "Server hopping"...

It's a my incomplete idea! But something to give a feedback of each of the things you are doing is needed and distinguish the percentage of difference between cheaters, glitch abusers, regular deaths and server hopping....

Edited by GunnyITA