Sign in to follow this  
Markus FIN

Friendly survivor's guide to SA

So you just spawned on the coastline and you have no idea where you are. The world is filled with infected, bandits and people who want to handcuff you and force-feed rotten tomatoes until you die. But YOU have decided to take a different path. The path that only 1 in every 5 survivors has the guts and the nerve to choose. If this is who you feel you are, then this post is for YOU!

SPAWNING

1. The second you spawn, run away from the coast and into the treeline. If you are in/next to a city, then go to the direction where you see LEAST amount of human made structures.

2. Try to find some kind of a road, they will usually lead you to a town or a village.

3. Don't loot larger towns when you are still unarmed, instead go to small villages that have a low amount of survivors/infected.

4. Not all buildings spawn loot. It will take you a while but you will eventually figure out which houses are worth looting and which aren't.

GEARING UP

1. Most people head for large cities/military bases immediately after they spawn. In order to stay alive, you have to try and think differently to anyone else. Don't go into high-populated areas, but instead stay off the main roads and scavenge lone houses, cottages and farms on your way inland.

2. The bigger the town is, the less likely the people in there are going to be friendly! You will run into less people using the tactics taught here, but those people will be usually far more trustworthy.

3. By this point you are most likely thinking: "But if I can't go to any cities/military bases then how the hell will I get a gun?" Well, gun is not necessarily something you need, but more likely something you want. But if you feel like a gun is an important part of your personal survival gear, then try to loot post offices and police stations as these can be found in some of the smaller cities.

FINDING PEOPLE

1. After you have gathered all the necessary supplies, hang around small- to medium-sized towns and you will eventually run into someone.

2. If you see a person and he doesn't see you, then simply say: "Hello, I am friendly!" If they respond back the same way you are well on your way to making a new friend.

3. If the person you communicate to tries to find you, acts nervously or does not respond, leave the area without showing yourself. The guy is either a guy who is too scared to communicate with a stranger, or a bandit waiting for you to come out so he can cut your throat and steal your supplies.

4. If someone starts talking to YOU, then stop where you are and talk back. Don't try to hide etc. as this will make you seem suspicious and might scare the other survivor away. If the guy is truly friendly he will come see you face to face after a moment.

5. If you run around a corner and bump into a person, say "friendly" and lower your weapon. This will quickly show the other guy that you are not hostile and maybe prevent an unwanted fight.

6. If you find someone you feel like you could stick around for a longer time, simply ask where they are heading. Either asking him to join you on your journey or offering to help him on his is a good idea. A common goal can create a strong relationship between two survivors.

7. Share our supplies with your partner. This way he can see that you care for him.

8. If you are fired upon you have two choices. Either run or fight. In this case it's up to you which you choose. The fact that you are friendly, doesn't mean you can't stand up for yourself.

DEATH

1. Sadly, most of the time the people you meet will not be friendly. Dying often is a part of this way of life and you will need to accept that, the hardest thing in being a friendly survivor is to not become a bandit after being killed by some assholes.

WHAT IF MY NEW FRIEND TURNS OUT TO BE A BANDIT?

Two choices:

1. Leave him.

2. Lead him into the woods and put a knife to his back when he isn't looking. What is the point of being friendly if the guy you are friends with wants you to kill everyone?

Hope this helps some of you other friendly survivors in your journey. I have been a friendly player since summer 2012 and will continue to be. If you see me out there in the woods, just say "hi" and I promise I won't hurt you. :)

2. Lead him into the woods and put a knife to his back when he isn't looking. What is the point of being friendly if the guy you are friends with wants you to kill everyone?

This is tribal behavior. That someone is nice to you doesn't mean he is nice to everyone. Your advice sounds more like a moral judgement than logical reasoning. I would never backstab the decision-makers in my group, I think...