law1977

New server mode : Survival

Okay this might bit of a strange idea but have a version of the game WITHOUT zombies. Now I expect some people to go urrr Dayz Z damm u, so open mind people. I was thinking about this the other week and thought I would open it up to the forums see what people think.

So I am suggesting we have no zombies in the game at all as a side mode, effectively remove the code completely from the game.

Here are my views on why we could consider it...

1. My first thought a zombie game they should be everywhere, any film, book , comic book they are thousands of them Numbers are the thing you think about zombies, can this game deliver this.... I am not sure it can due to the scale of the game, maybe with all the optimization and configuring we could see a big increase. All my fingers are crossed for this...

2. The encounters in game are always best with people you meet, with no zombies you can increase the amount of people per server (well in theory, I know not as simple as that). This would make the game more lived in and increase the tension through out the map.

3. You can add more animals for hunting purposes and such like.

4. More loot per a map.

Anyways thats a few thoughts, just thought it would be interesting topic, any other ideas/thoughts/bitching>?

• Like 1

isn't that game called rust?

• Like 1

But we dont have bases, animals, cooking

So shit rust?

With better graphics, bigger more detailed map, more shooty shooty bang bang sticks, and lots of fashion accessories and food

And payday masks of course

• Like 1

But we dont have bases, animals, cooking

So shit rust?

With better graphics, bigger more detailed map, more shooty shooty bang bang sticks, and lots of fashion accessories and food

And payday masks of course

Oh, you must mean Farmville Extreme Hardcore.

• Like 3

a dayz server without zombies....pretty sure thats most servers after about an hour

now on the other hand, if you had a server without loot, but lots more zombies (i believe it was said they could more than double the amount of zombies, if there was no loot spawned in) people would play that.  It would be somewhere to bring your already geared player, and have fun killing small hordes.

would be better than going around killing fresh spawns

I'll have to respectfully say no to this. Speaking in regards to the game's finished state, zombies are the theme of the game. They add variety, & they'll most definitely be a real threat once the game is finally finished because as of right now, the zeds are just a placeholder. I feel that removing zombies entirely is just promoting much more PvP & is just one step closer to being another first-person shooter. Now once they're an actual threat, it will force players to band together to defend themselves against the zeds.

To me, the game consists of 3 core aspects:

-Player vs Player

-Player vs Environment

-Player vs Zombies

I absolutely do not support making this game that much "easier" by removing an entire element of the game. That's just simply not what DayZ is about.

Okay this might bit of a strange idea but have a version of the game WITHOUT zombies. Now I expect some people to go urrr Dayz Z damm u, so open mind people. I was thinking about this the other week and thought I would open it up to the forums see what people think.

So I am suggesting we have no zombies in the game at all as a side mode, effectively remove the code completely from the game.

Here are my views on why we could consider it...

1. My first thought a zombie game they should be everywhere, any film, book , comic book they are thousands of them Numbers are the thing you think about zombies, can this game deliver this.... I am not sure it can due to the scale of the game, maybe with all the optimization and configuring we could see a big increase. All my fingers are crossed for this...

2. The encounters in game are always best with people you meet, with no zombies you can increase the amount of people per server (well in theory, I know not as simple as that). This would make the game more lived in and increase the tension through out the map.

3. You can add more animals for hunting purposes and such like.

4. More loot per a map.

Anyways thats a few thoughts, just thought it would be interesting topic, any other ideas/thoughts/bitching>?

sounds like wasteland, except you have to run everywhere, like a really boring wasteland.

What people don't seem to understand is that this is a game mode, no one forces you to play. I always support adding new game modes. If you don't want to play it and want to be a hardcore zombie hunter or whatever your fantasies are, don't play that game mode, but if people want, they can hop into a server with that game mode.

I think Op wants a Wasteland Mod for DayZ SA.

Which is reasonable, oeooke already olan to.make an Arma Mod for DayZ SA

I disagree. The only servers that had no zombies were PVP FULLY MILITARIZED QUICK L00T SPAWN LOADOUT servers which promoted KoS more than Drive Thru Bars promote drinking and driving. There's no threat to DayZ  besides zombies and players so far. As soon as they make surviving harder and add more zombies, this game can truly be called a zombie game. As of now, if you want no zombies, continue playing the normal DayZ since there's practically no zombies anyways.

• Like 1

Do not create worthless (i.e. pointless, non-constructive, obviously stupid, etc.) suggestions, for should you do so, your topic will be locked. These include suggestions like in-game marriage, the removal of zombies, and so on.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170295-read-before-posting/

• Like 1

Who knows when modding is added, there will be a Wastelands type mod for DayZ.

lol... a mode with out zombies... i have truly seen it all..  i thought they were not going to do any modding?? because hacking would skyrocket?

i would just go play arma3 wasteland. 

Edited by methr1k2dop3

Do not create worthless (i.e. pointless, non-constructive, obviously stupid, etc.) suggestions, for should you do so, your topic will be locked. These include suggestions like in-game marriage, the removal of zombies, and so on.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170295-read-before-posting/

I agree, this is silly

It's called DayZ for a reason and any sort of "mode" where no zombies exist is against the theme of the game. A mod would be fine though, but no ingame mode where zombies don't exist is needed at all in the slightest even a little bit.

lol. Yeah, I'd love to play a ZOMBIE GAME WITHOUT ZOMBIES. Maybe we should remove all the guns as well. And puppies. Remove puppies, they piss me off.