Sign in to follow this  
greasmonkey

Do not make it so bikes/cars make sense to use off-road/off-trail

Riding a bike through tall grass/loose mud/dirt is not energy/time efficient on a bike. Also, crashing when you run over a gopher hole is fairly unpleasant.

Losing a car in a patch of mud and needing to tow it out is also incredibly inconvenient, yet probable, considering the weather.

I don't care if you go through the lengths of mapping unnavigable patches of terrain, as this is a rather unreasonable demand, however making it so that the vehicle only goes as little as twice as fast the sprint speed would be enough to make people think twice before cutting through some completely random part of the map in their priceless car/bike.

• Like 2

Riding a bike through tall grass/loose mud/dirt is not energy/time efficient on a bike. Also, crashing when you run over a gopher hole is fairly unpleasant.

Losing a car in a patch of mud and needing to tow it out is also incredibly inconvenient, yet probable, considering the weather.

I don't care if you go through the lengths of mapping unnavigable patches of terrain, as this is a rather unreasonable demand, however making it so that the vehicle only goes as little as twice as fast the sprint speed would be enough to make people think twice before cutting through some completely random part of the map in their priceless car/bike.

The speed thing you mentioned was in the mod, Guessing it will be in SA.. Some of the cars went around the same speed as you can spint when driven off road, and a bit fast on dirt roads.. However, the 4wd and ute style vehicles handled off road better, and could do around 30 kph off road, and 50 or so on a dirt road.

Yeah, long grass isn't terribly fun on a bike. I've ridden down hills shrouded in grass only to trip over a rock, do a sweet 180 flip upside down, and land that way to hurt myself. Mountain biking is dangerous.

Yeah in the mod the bike lost about 5km/h offroad while the cars lost up to 80km/h

Hopefully it doesn't stay that way in SA.

I remember in the mod it was often faster biking in a straight line through forests than taking the roads.

I remember it was faster to run than it was to drive those little uhh what were they called.... Skodas I think. Even though on the forums and stuff it says offroad is 23, I usually couldn't get above 12 Km/h unless downhill. And I believe you run at 15 Km/h.

Yeah, long grass isn't terribly fun on a bike. I've ridden down hills shrouded in grass only to trip over a rock, do a sweet 180 flip upside down, and land that way to hurt myself. Mountain biking is dangerous.

I've broken 3 ribs last August whilst mountain biking. :D

I hope they don't introduce the boring speed reduction the mod had when entering dirt zones for example, instead I would like to see the car bouncing, skidding, loosing traction, etc, making the driver slow down if he wants to get control over the car again.

Edited by Wili