powderdtoastman

I get turned into a fresh spawn any time the game freezes

I have a gaming computer that runs well and have had no problems with the game, other with the common stuff that gets reported here. 

However my cpu acts up from time to time and I encounter BSOD's / blue screens about once per day that are not related to the game in any way. If im playing when my computer blue screens, the next time i log in im a fresh spawn who has lost everyting ive worked for. This has occured om multiple instances when im with a group also and was at no risk of dying from zombies should my character remain alive without me controlling it. 

This even happened last night without the blue screen. I had been playing for about an hour and made my way to the balota airfield on a server with only three people on it. My buddy was standing right next to me and i received a windows error message, you know the one, "dayz has stopped working". I killed the non responsive program with my task manager and logged back in. Everyting i had worked for during that hour had been erased and i was a fresh spawn again.

And...?

Am i being trolled?

I dont see how this is not a legitimate bug or problem that needs troubleshooting? 

you're saying that if i lose connection and its not from the server side, i should lose my save game?

Am i being trolled?

I dont see how this is not a legitimate bug or problem that needs troubleshooting? 

you're saying that if i lose connection and its not from the server side, i should lose my save game?

Everyone experiences these bugs ,it's been reported TONS of times. Been there, experienced that. Be patient, 'tis an Alpha.

Everyone experiences these bugs ,it's been reported TONS of times. Been there, experienced that. Be patient, 'tis an Alpha.

Im reporting a legitimate bug in the section of the forums im supposed to report it in to help with the further development of the alpha and your response is sarcasm because you've experienced that? Not only that but your sarcasm implies that what im reporting is supposed to happen and is a part of the game. 

If you will read my post you will see that i have not in any way implied that i am impatient about anything or unaware that this is an alpha version. I would kindly ask you to please read posts through and not misinterpret such things in the future.

Im reporting a legitimate bug in the section of the forums im supposed to report it in to help with the further development of the alpha and your response is sarcasm because you've experienced that? Not only that but your sarcasm implies that what im reporting is supposed to happen and is a part of the game. 

If you will read my post you will see that i have not in any way implied that i am impatient about anything or unaware that this is an alpha version. I would kindly ask you to please read posts through and not misinterpret such things in the future.

You are new, so I can't be annoyed. But this isn't a place for reporting bugs, there is a seperate platform for that.

And I can assure you, people have reported and replicated character wipes before. Just hang in there, see if a patch comes out, and try and find a way to fix them computer crashes. :D

If you will read my post above, you will see i was trying to give information that could help the developers on the process of elimination when it comes to how characters are wiped. 

If this is not the bug section, your appropriate action if you decided to post, would be to point me in that direction, or simply state that it has already been reported, not reply with a sarcastic attitude.

I can assure you i dont need to tell me to "just hang in there" as i am not, nor have i indicated in any way that i am on the verge of not being able to hang in there anymore. Im having a great time playing this game.

I also do not need encouragment from you to "fix them computer crashes' as this is something i already know about being a cause of the problems, and as i am the owner of the computer and the reportee of this particular bug. 

So you just hang in there guppy, because everything is gonna be alright. I know its frustrating, but a patch will be out soon, so just be patient.

• Like 1

If you will read my post above, you will see i was trying to give information that could help the developers on the process of elimination when it comes to how characters are wiped. 

If this is not the bug section, your appropriate action if you decided to post, would be to point me in that direction, or simply state that it has already been reported, not reply with a sarcastic attitude.

I can assure you i dont need to tell me to "just hang in there" as i am not, nor have i indicated in any way that i am on the verge of not being able to hang in there anymore. Im having a great time playing this game.

I also do not need encouragment from you to "fix them computer crashes' as this is something i already know about being a cause of the problems, and as i am the owner of the computer and the reportee of this particular bug. 

So you just hang in there guppy, because everything is gonna be alright. I know its frustrating, but a patch will be out soon, so just be patient.

Alright dude I'm just trying to give you a bit of encouragement, no need to jump on my ass for it. Also, trying to write your sentences as if your post was an 8th grade book report isn't going to make you seem smarter. (It would be more convincing if you would capitalize your I's.) I'm starting to get sick of your attitude. So like I've tried to tell you, go use the bug reporter. Remember your place and get off your high horse on forum eddiqutte, because you have made 16 posts and so far I haven't seen a legitimately constructive

one. Tl;DR: So far your attitude sucks, and makes you come off as arrogant.