theprototypeOEZ

Maximum priority on the development of vehicles in Dayz?

Recently i haven't really been playing dayz (standalone) mainly because of the long journeys i have had to go on to get from eg. barenzino to electro (which is an hour long journey) i think it would be great if Bohemia start putting priority on vehicles instead of other things that we don't need eg. extra towns in the north.

Thanks 

• Like 1

The ability to get places faster is more important than having new places to go to!?

:emptycan:

• Like 4

it takes 15 mins tops sprinting and that's if you aren't running in a straight line

deal-with-it-cat.jpg

The dev team have a known schedule and they are working to it (from what we can tell at the moment) and we don't want to have them fuck it up because a couple of people don't like walking so much. 

Has nobody thought for a second that vehicles would take a hell of a lot of time walking just to find one and get the parts to run it before they could use it to haul their lazy asses across the map via every petrol station in it?

However reasons to explore the new map for the people who know it upside down and back to front already are important. New loot is important.

If there is only one thing that everyone has focused on that we could do with out, Vehicles would be that thing.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 3

deal-with-it-cat.jpg

The dev team have a known schedule and they are working to it (from what we can tell at the moment) and we don't want to have them fuck it up because a couple of people don't like walking so much. 

Has nobody thought for a second that vehicles would take a hell of a lot of time walking just to find one and get the parts to run it before they could use it to haul their lazy asses across the map via every petrol station in it?

However reasons to explore the new map for the people who know it upside down and back to front already are important. New loot is important.

If there is only one thing that everyone has focused on that we could do with out, Vehicles would be that thing.

you said it all.

They should have just ported one or two vehicles over though. 

it takes bout 20 minutes for me from berezino to balota following coastline..

i must have speed hack installed without me knowing

i must have speed hack installed without me knowing

I find this astounding seeing as I struggle to get from Kamy to elektro in 10mins.

But then again FPS counts and mine is lucky to stay in the high teens/low 20's.

Edited by Dchil

I'm sure the Devs are right on the case as your argument appears flawless to me.

deal-with-it-cat.jpg

Change Deal with it to Dean with it pls

Take all the focus off of fixing bugs and making your gameplay flawlessly smooth for YOUR benefit and develop vehicles that could possibly break them game to shit?

Nope, nuh uh, not gonna 

tumblr_lfcgru44Fr1qe44wno1_400.gif

Edited by Shadow134

They should have just ported one or two vehicles over though. 

Makes no sense to use any vehicles from Arma, when they want to create something much more complex.

Why waste time porting over a vehicle, updating loot tables, implementing the loot into the engine and all the funtions for the vehicles, when they are to be removed anyway?

All good things will come to those who wait.

Remember that sentence in any early acces game tbh, its essential :)

And tbh, if you dont want to run ingame for an hour to get from place a to b, im not sure this game is for you OP.

Vehicles will not change that fact that 90% of all players still have to run, its not like we will get a vehicle each or that its gonna be easy to maintain them and gather fuel for them.

I could also argue, that you dont have to run for an hour, theres plenty of places between the coast and the airfields, of interest.

This game is gonna be in development for almost 2 more years, so you need to arm your self with patience and if its already running out, find something else to do in the meantime mate :)

• Like 1

Try project zomboid, its got base building, great zeds, cooking, farming, smaller map etc etc etc

Change Deal with it to Dean with it pls

I stole the picture from Google images and i can't be bothered to make one.

• Like 1

Take all the focus off of fixing bugs and making your gameplay flawlessly smooth for YOUR benefit and develop vehicles that could possibly break them game to shit?

i didn't say taking focus off fixing bugs and making gameplay flawlessly smooth

i didn't say taking focus off fixing bugs and making gameplay flawlessly smooth

"Recently i haven't really been playing dayz (standalone) mainly because of the long journeys i have had to go on to get from eg. barenzino to electro (which is an hour long journey) i think it would be great if Bohemia start putting priority on vehicles instead of other things that we don't need eg. extra towns in the north.

Thanks"

If you notice, that's your original message, not altered in any way. Sounds like you DO want them to take the main focus off of fixing bugs and terrible lag. Goodbye.
Edited by Shadow134

That's 10km in a straight line or 14km via coast road.

That would be 10÷⅓ or 14÷ = 30-42 km/h.

What would you do with the vehicles? The server is just going to reset every 4 hours anyways and you'll lose all progress to fixing, fueling just to save some time... Sounds like a large pain for short gain...

Priority IMHO shouldn't be vehicles, but current gameplay issues. to name a few important ones:

- zombie AI (mainly the lack of pathing - through doors, up fairs etc)

- loot respawn

- connection issues (server - client communication)

This is alpha and you're a tester. Test what is already in game and stop comparing this game to the original mod - it's not there yet! Alpha is about testing stability and core mechanics, not about designing a temporary feature to make it "more convenient for you".

Also, this world SHOULD take you forever to get around in. It goves you the feeling that you're in the middle of nowhere! This is a survival simulator.

• Like 2

Recently i haven't really been playing dayz (standalone) mainly because of the long journeys i have had to go on to get from eg. barenzino to electro (which is an hour long journey) i think it would be great if Bohemia start putting priority on vehicles instead of other things that we don't need eg. extra towns in the north.

Thanks 

I disagree.

Main focus should be on real stable servers.

10.000 infected + 200 players. (Or even more.)

My opinion.