srgntpepper

New Experimental?

So, I know the stables are back online, but I heard the experimentals weren't.  I logged in and saw a couple experimentals with a different version number.  Mine is .44.116358 and these were experimentals version .44.123800.  They said accel time, but theres like, durango at the end of one, and springfield at the other.  The time says etm24.000000.  Could this be a new experimental build they're updating right now and havent announced?  I cant connect to them

They also have the Hive as "Private".. :P

hmm.. might have to check this out.

They also have the Hive as "Private".. :P

hmm.. might have to check this out.

true, but maybe its just private atm

Just noticed this as well. Did those servers have those "Springfield" and "Durango" descriptions on them prior to the maintenance period?

Noticed It aswell.

well i hoped it will be the Big survival update we suppose to have but when i saw the version i have doubt.

EDIT: Private hives are not new, we had that in the last update^^

Edited by VahidkinG

276mb.  So probably not much has changed

A client update still means something has changed. Who knows what it entails on the server side.

Can confirm new mouse controls, couldn't test throwing physics -> got disconnected after a 1-2 minutes of playing. But those controls are awesome accurate!  :thumbsup:

Edit: longer spawn penalty if you hop servers (got 420 seconds or so)

Edited by aereton

The rest I get but what does "Ft accel time (up to x64)" mean?

dudes, i just threw a fucking wrench!

• Like 12

Experimental Servers are set as Private and have been for some while, this is one easy way of filtering when game versions are the same, Stable/Exp.

I imagine but not checked that new weapons have been added (needs confirmation please).

etm24.000000. would indicate that time is accelerated, if 1 = 24 hr cycle then etm24.000000. would indicate 1 (or 4) hr = 1 day ?

Now don't quote me on that because it is more than likely completely wrong :unsure:

Might help, might not.

The rest I get but what does "Ft accel time (up to x64)" mean?

Server admins will be able to control how fast time moves. Faster day/night cycle.

• Like 2

Experimental Servers are set as Private and have been for some while, this is one easy way of filtering when game versions are the same, Stable/Exp.

I imagine but not checked that new weapons have been added (needs confirmation please).

etm24.000000. would indicate that time is accelerated, if 1 = 24 hr cycle then etm24.000000. would indicate 1 hr = 1 day ?

Now don't quote me on that because it is more than likely completely wrong :unsure:

Might help, might not.

good to know, thanks

I said don't quote me,,,lol.

I've asked for precisions concerning etm24.000000., the x64 quote has thrown me off somewhat.

Hold tight.

• Like 2

most likely the bow and arrows are in too then...bout time.

I think the fire place stuff is in too, but cooking and hunting apparently just went dark considering they mentioned it over a month ago and nothing since.

most likely the bow and arrows are in too then...bout time.

I think the fire place stuff is in too, but cooking and hunting apparently just went dark considering they mentioned it over a month ago and nothing since.

well, they would need to add in animals and the cooking mechanics to do that.  Probably next patch.

Accelerated time is working pretty good as far as I can judge, and it's super fast right now on experimental, 6 hours in 5-10 minutes.

Edit: How does one throw things?

OK found it:

1. Put things in hands

2. Rais your hands with "space"

3. Hold and release "G" to throw

Awesome!

Edited by MoZed

Oh new mouse controls. Too bad I can' play until next week's weekend. Any videos and comments on that would be welcome :D

So I can't comment on aiming with weapons or heavy things, but normal looking around/holding small items responds with 1:1 raw mouse feedback. It's about 10x more enjoyable to look around than before.