Sign in to follow this  
ZomboWTF

SKS with over 30 shots?

So yesterday, me and my buddys logged in near the shipwreck north of berezino, and were heading south

Suddenly, a barrage of SKS shots were fired from our backs, someone was prone in the grass and allready killed one of my three teammates, i shot the enemy down with my Mosin

When i looked at him, he was pointing his gun straight up in the air, the shots he fired had about the firerate of an M4 and were about 40-50 shots without exaggeration

Checking the body, he had some drink, some food and an SKS (didn't think of looking at his clip though, sadly)

Was this a hacker or is there an SKS glitch i don't know of? i really don't want to run into someone able to shoot 100 SKS shots in under 10 seconds

Might be a hack, they've been doing infinite ammo for M4s so they might have migrated it over to SKSs.  In real life they have replacement mags for the SKS (some that can hold 75 rounds, and Im sure at one point I saw a 100 round SKS mag somewhere), but far as I know it's the standard 10 round factory mag for SKSs in DayZ.  I would say it's probably possible to click fast enough in semi auto to come near an M4 in terms of volume, but it would still be bursts of 10, a reload (even with a shitton of stripper clips), and bursts of 10 again.

found this in the meantime:

exactly like the thing we experienced

Edited by Zombo

found this in the meantime:

exactly like the thing we experienced

Yes, that's the cheated ammo with unlimited amount.

Its also no recoil glitch/hack. Its running so rampant now that I can hardly fight a battle without someone using it. The state of cheating atm is unbearable, and there is nothing we can do (I asked a BEdev, he said no 3rd party evidence is allowed to ban someone)

well then, guess it's back to the mod for now, really pretty unplayable right now with all the lag, desync and hacking, coming back after the next update to see if anything changed about that

i also don't think playing right now helps the devs a great deal so might just as well visit good ol' arma 2 chernarus

I'd return to dayzero to, but it died to standalone and the intrinsic flaws of dayzero (no basebuilding, for instance). People left for standalone, left standalone after a while and then left dayz alltogether :(

Edited by Khanarac