c00lface

Looking back, Do you think that EA release was a good idea?

Yeah the only hacker I've seen in the standalone is yesus, and only in non BE protected experimental servers. Hacking definitely is way better in the early stages of SA then it ever was at any point of the mod.

Hell during early access for Arma 3 it was unplayable for awhile because of the infection hack that would invite the client then transfer from server to server teleporting you into the sky. BIS and BE solved this and I don't encounter much hacking in Arma 3 anymore, it's still a modular game though.

His close minded view is defiantly strange; You want hacking to be less present, so BIS locks down modding and creates it so the central server has the most controls, this creates a temporary lag issues while the new system optimizes. Then he also still complains about hacking that is 100x less then the mod, all that while trying to fluff up the mod.

I think he just is not a visionary, and his brain can only handle what is currently happening, no perception for where it will end up. If he participated in the EA for Arma 3 he would have seen how little that game had at the start and it's range of issues(totally unplayable for awhile), these were solved and content was fully added by full release. Arma 3 was also ahead of DayZ's current build when released to EA.

of course, there's only one hacker in the entire fucking hundreds of thousands of daily players of this game.

A brief look at the most famous cheat site dayz subforum will tell you how much i'm "close minded" compared to you.

Some people just like to live in a bubble out of reality, jesus christ.

to illustrate the amount of people that search for these cheats (that is from their free section, so is likely that only the outdated shit will be posted there)

hvdp38.png

Edited by lipemr

I can find 4 threads on the first page that complain about hacking. Also comparing it to the mod is not a wise decision. Nothing could have been done about hacking in the mod unlike SA

That's a joke, the whole argument from you guys has been about comparing the 2, since the mod would get utterly destroyed when comparing the 2 for frequency of hacking now you want to dismiss it?

I'm well aware of the posts about hacking, 2 of them I created... and I never created them with intent to throw a temper tantrum, it was to explain my experience on the non BE protected, less stable builds of the early access game. Reporting my encounters allowed the devs to pull up the logs and see what's going on.

You are right, nothing could be done about hacking in the mod, thanks for proving my point. Active development on the client server architecture is the difference that the SA is taking to combat this, and you still whine about that because of the lag/desync caused by it not being fully optimized and complete yet. Bottom line is, even though I myself have encountered a hacker, it is low chance isolated incidents, and BE seems to be doing its job since the hackers seem to have no power on BE enabled servers.

of course, there's only one hacker in the entire fucking hundreds of thousands of daily players of this game.

A brief look at the most famous cheat site dayz subforum will tell you how much i'm "close minded" compared to you.

Some people just like to live in a bubble out of reality, jesus christ.

I didn't say there is only 1 hacker, my mind is not that closed off. I assume their is more I just don't loose my shit over it, I evaluate when and where I have been encountering them and feed that information back to the people who can correct it constructively.

Oh I've been on the site, the fact is most of the comments there are setup to encourage people to buy their product. Does it work, yes, but it is not as popular as you think and again BE can detect the PBO's and auto ban them. The amount of control hackers have in the SA is way less. When was the last time in the SA you have been globaly teleporting into the sky, turned into a seagull, sent to the Thunder dome, or seen parachuting cows? Oh wait you still haven't bought the game yet, just like being a sideline preacher pretending to know better then someone actively aiding in development.

Edited by akafugitive

If they didn't release then other games like WarZ and H1Z1 would have capitalized on the zombie genre....

Just like everyone else...

Prepare yourselves guys, 6 months from now you'll be seeing about 4-5 other games just like DayZ...

But imo, they had no choice. It was now or never so to speak. They kind of fucked up when they even said a "maybe release date" that went a year over.....probably lost a fair amount of customers at that point..

That's a joke, the whole argument from you guys has been about comparing the 2, since the mod would get utterly destroyed when comparing the 2 for frequency of hacking now you want to dismiss it?

I'm well aware of the posts about hacking, 2 of them I created... and I never created them with intent to throw a temper tantrum, it was to explain my experience on the non BE protected, less stable builds of the early access game. Reporting my encounters allowed the devs to pull up the logs and see what's going on.

You are right, nothing could be done about hacking in the mod, thanks for proving my point. Active development on the client server architecture is the difference that the SA is taking to combat this, and you still whine about that because of the lag/desync caused by it not being fully optimized and complete yet. Bottom line is, even though I myself have encountered a hacker, it is low chance isolated incidents, and BE seems to be doing its job since the hackers seem to have no power on BE enabled servers.

I didn't say there is only 1 hacker, my mind is not that closed off. I assume their is more I just don't loose my a hit over it, I evaluate when and where I have been encountering them and feed that information back to the people who can correct it constructively.

Oh I've been on the site, the fact is most of the comments there are setup to encourage people to buy their product. Does it work, yes, but it is not as popular as you think and again BE can detect the PBO's and auto ban them. The amount of control hackers have in the SA is way less. When was the last time in the SA you have been globaly teleporting into the sky, turned into a seagull, sent to the Thunder dome, or seen parachuting cows? Oh wait you still haven't bought the game yet, just like being a sideline preacher pretending to know better then someone actively aiding in development.

you know that i play the game, even tho you insist to come up with this "you didnt even buy the game" bullshit.

I'm sure you're helping a lot by blinding yourself and telling everybody that's everything okay with the game, even when each day there's more people reporting issues with cheaters.  :rolleyes:

i just cant take you seriously, bro. Just keep on 'helping the developent' by going into denial and be happy in your happy world.

you know that i play the game, even tho you insist to come up with this "you didnt even buy the game" bullshit.

I'm sure you're helping a lot by blinding yourself and telling everybody that's everything okay with the game, even when each day there's more people reporting issues with cheaters. :rolleyes:

i just cant take you seriously, bro. Just keep on 'helping the developent' by going into denial and be happy in your happy world.

I don't think the game is perfect as is, visit my suggestion threads, you will see I have a shit load of ideas I would like to see in the game that currently are not there. Faith in the developer because of past experience and being content with the idea that it can't be perfect doesn't make me a blind follower.

Trust me simple things like audio, incapacitation, and combat based on strategy, instead of bunny hopping, while firing laser straight bullets, and twitch shooting a guy who shot you with an incapacitating shot mean probably more to me, since these are things I have truly experienced and get a rush from it being done right. Some aspects of "realism" I really don't care to see though because they add 0 value to a game, and in all reality I enjoy training with the guys because no one dies, in the field it's just a necessity.

Also, I'm not your bro

Edited by akafugitive