c00lface

Looking back, Do you think that EA release was a good idea?

who said i didnt play the game? you're the judgemental here, friend.

A close friend bought the game right after they lanched it, got dissapointed and borrowed me his steam account for some time. And what i saw was basically a mod port with more glitchs and bugs. I had it till some days ago and not much changed in these months apart from the cheating getting more annoying and relevant.

I just refuse to give money to people that clearly arent doing their best, even while being paid like the best.

I have more than 1100 hours on the mod, i know what i'm talking about.

Quite clearly you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. I probably have 100 hours on the SA and have never seen any evidence of hacking but I have seen people misreporting lagging opponents as hackers.

it was a bad idea, to release dayz-sa in that horrible alpha-status

When H1Z1 will be released, they will kill DAYZ-SA. I do not think they will have such a big success at start like dayz, but they will slowly grow up....

H1Z1 will already have at start the things what fans of dayz-sa are waiting for so long.

-basebuilding

-farming

-hunting

-vehicles

and maybe

- better zombies ?

I hope dean hall´s-team can beat them with their dayz-game. But anyway... SONY is a big company with much more guys I think...

The engine(take on helicopters) of dayz-sa is not made for such a game I think... - but, compliment otherwise, what rocket´s guys made of this engine... respect. DayZ will always feel like a flightsimulator-game, also like arma2-engine. It had been better, to take "source-engine" for dayz...

We know nothing of H1Z1 but the 50mn - very weak imo - stream we saw. H1Z1 will be released on EA also.... But the main thing is this, H1Z1 is and will remain a DayZ Clone. That list you have on your post has been also the list for Dayz SA road-map. Now as for H1Z1, if having one plank of wood in your inventory lets you pop a shed in front of you in one click, frankly im not interested - what realism is this?

I have full faith on Dayz SA, Dean and co wont disappoint (they haven't so far!). Sony will be in to milk as much as they can, prepare to see DLC/Micro-transaction showing up....

• Like 2

Mod Community of BIS is great indeed , but Valve has larger and better ones. TWI is also good.  Both of them actually  are better than BIS.  So go ahead and eat your words , because these are the facts.

There are 200+ People are working for Star Citizen and it has been designed from scratch. It's not ported from an existed mod and game.  Expenses and features of that game is huge , it's pointless comparing Star Citizen with a MOD that tries to become a Standalone Game.

Define better and I assume you've got a hangar and a few ships already, right?

I dunno I think it's fairly real, I've been playing it...

If enjoying the game makes my ignorant then so be it lol. You are free to have your own opinion, so am I, and everyone else here, trying to shove that opinion down everyone else's throat is what they have a problem with.

The developer is also free to create the game they want, I have made my suggestions but in the end if they like it they will use it, if not they won't. I play the game as long as I enjoy it, if I don't I move on, and if I really want to see my ideas come to light I will for a mod team or design my own game.

Oh and for the record I'm not blind, I actually have 20/10 vision... it let's me see outside the box. ;)

What gets me is how he's but hurt the SA is going in the same direction as the mod? I mean wtf? The SA IS the mod but done right, what the fuck else does anyone expect?

• Like 1

Quite clearly you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. I probably have 100 hours on the SA and have never seen any evidence of hacking but I have seen people misreporting lagging opponents as hackers.

Easy there, Tiger. If you can't calm down before posting, don't post at all. This is just a friendly reminder before it all goes downhill.

We know nothing of H1Z1 but the 50mn - very weak imo - stream we saw. H1Z1 will be released on EA also.... But the main thing is this, H1Z1 is and will remain a DayZ Clone.

I too wasn't impressed by what I have seen in H1Z1 - let's keep the talk about that to a minimum, thouhg.

• Like 1

Easy there, Tiger. If you can't calm down before posting, don't post at all. This is just a friendly reminder before it all goes downhill.

I too wasn't impressed by what I have seen in H1Z1 - let's keep the talk about that to a minimum, thouhg.

Hey I am calm it's just the way I talk ;)

So because you didnt see a hacker in your incredible 100 hours on the game, they dont exist, right? And all these people complaining in the forums are misreporting?

I dont know what's worse, your clearly blind point of view on the cheating problem on this game, or that you're contradicting yourself by stating that the lag's so bad in the game that it's confused with hacking, when you stated before that the game lagged less than the mod (that never had these issues).

No arguing with people like me is hard for you since people like me won't let you get away with BS and demand evidence, not hearsay and assertions when making an argument which is all you done. You've been countered with strong arguments and now are resorting to BS name calling. You're the religious person here, not us. When you have a robust argument come back by all means.

Have you bought the game or not?

Do you have a reading disorder or what? i explained clearly how i got to play the game, learn to read.

And for the first phrase:

"Arguing with fanatic people is rather like trying to play chess with a pidgeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock claiming victory.

Edited by lipemr

Found the main H1Z1 thread, thanks.

So because you didnt see a hacker in your incredible 100 hours on the game, they dont exist, right? And all these people complaining in the forums are misreporting?

I dont know what's worse, your clearly blind point of view on the cheating problem on this game, or that you're contradicting yourself by stating that the lag's so bad in the game that it's confused with hacking, when you stated before that the game lagged less than the mod (that never had these issues).

Do you have a reading disorder or what? i explained clearly how i got to play the game, learn to read.

And for the first phrase:

You have the issue with reading here since I quoted you before I got to your reply about how you play the game? Did you not know you're meant to read posts in order, from the top down to the bottom?

About cheating, once again you make assertions with clearly no evidence to back it up. Plenty of people have reported never seeing and cheaters in the game. Do they exists - of course they do they're in every game you play.

You have the issue with reading here since I quoted you before I got to your reply about how you play the game? Did you not know you're meant to read posts in order, from the top down to the bottom?

About cheating, once again you make assertions with clearly no evidence to back it up. Plenty of people have reported never seeing and cheaters in the game. Do they exists - of course they do they're in every game you play.

who said i didnt play the game? you're the judgemental here, friend.

A close friend bought the game right after they lanched it, got dissapointed and borrowed me his steam account for some time. And what i saw was basically a mod port with more glitchs and bugs. I had it till some days ago and not much changed in these months apart from the cheating getting more annoying and relevant.

I just refuse to give money to people that clearly arent doing their best, even while being paid like the best.

I have more than 1100 hours on the mod, i know what i'm talking about.

Have you bought the game or not?

lipemr, on 17 Apr 2014 said

Jexter, on 22 Apr 2014 said

Are you mentally challenged??

BTW the sticked post with almost 700 replies on this subforum disagrees with your statement that "you have no evidence that cheating is a significant problem".

Edited by lipemr

lipemr, on 17 Apr 2014 said

Jexter, on 22 Apr 2014 said

Are you mentally challenged??

BTW the sticked post with almost 700 replies on this subforum disagrees with your statement that "you have no evidence that cheating is a significant problem".

Regardless of when you posted it, doesn't mean that's when I read it, does it you? Let me draw this in crayon for you.

Read this page

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186272-looking-back-do-you-think-that-ea-release-was-a-good-idea/page-9

Most people start from the top and work their way down so when I got to this reply of yours

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186272-looking-back-do-you-think-that-ea-release-was-a-good-idea/page-9#entry1923494

I made a reply to it. I hadn't read further down the thread. Is that clear enough for you?

You just love to argue and you can't stand being wrong. Your baseless assertions a re pathetic, you obviously hate the SA because it hasn't been made to your specifications and yet all you have to back up why it's so shit is your shitty opinion which nobody cares about. Just go and play something else if you hate it so much it's much better than getting angry about it.

Regardless of when you posted it, doesn't mean that's when I read it, does it you? Let me draw this in crayon for you.

Read this page

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186272-looking-back-do-you-think-that-ea-release-was-a-good-idea/page-9

Most people start from the top and work their way down so when I got to this reply of yours

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186272-looking-back-do-you-think-that-ea-release-was-a-good-idea/page-9#entry1923494

I made a reply to it. I hadn't read further down the thread. Is that clear enough for you?

You just love to argue and you can't stand being wrong. Your baseless assertions a re pathetic, you obviously hate the SA because it hasn't been made to your specifications and yet all you have to back up why it's so shit is your shitty opinion which nobody cares about. Just go and play something else if you hate it so much it's much better than getting angry about it.

seriously?

So you dont even know how to use a forum and you're trying to get this smartass talk over me? "duh, you're wrong cause you're wrong, you posted before me, but as i didnt read it in time, your argument is invalid"

fuck off dude, seriously.

Edited by lipemr

Considering that even Rocket acknowledges the existence of hackers, and the video evidence for them, I would say that your experience or lack of having seen any evidence does not count for too much.

I've not encountered any either, but I acknowledge their existence.

seriously?

So you dont even know how to use a forum and you're trying to get this smartass talk over me? "duh, you're wrong cause you're wrong, you posted before me, but as i didnt read it in time, your argument is invalid"

fuck off dude, seriously.

Seriously, you think your opinion on everything is right and everyone else around you is wrong. Now I have to read forums the way you think I should as well as imagine up what the game industry is doing right now along your lines of thinking?

Wow what other group of people from history had that attitude in wanting to force their opinion and values on everyone else?

• Like 1

Seriously, you think your opinion on everything is right and everyone else around you is wrong. Now I have to read forums the way you think I should as well as imagine up what the game industry is doing right now along your lines of thinking?

Wow what other group of people from history had that attitude in wanting to force their opinion and values on everyone else?

you realize that you're doing the exact same thing, right?

or dont you have the necessary IQ to get it?

Again: Fuck off, i dont want to argue with you.

Considering that even Rocket acknowledges the existence of hackers, and the video evidence for them, I would say that your experience or lack of having seen any evidence does not count for too much.

I've not encountered any either, but I acknowledge their existence.

AS do I as you'll see a few posts down from the one you quoted. However, what we are really talking about is a preponderance of hackers like it was in the mod and that simply is not the case. Hackers won't ever go but they're not ruining the game as is what is being made out here - that it's so bad it's noteworthy. If it was that bad we would see evidence of it.

you realize that you're doing the exact same thing, right?

or dont you have the necessary IQ to get it?

Again: Fuck off, i dont want to argue with you.

Nope I'm not.What I am doing is showing how crap your arguments are and how you can't just go around asserting things and expecting everyone to take your word for it. I'm also refraining from resorting to ad hominems as I don't require those to bolster up my argument and for somebody that doesn't want to argue, why do you keep replying.

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone but I'm also not making BS claims as if they were facts.

Nope I'm not.What I am doing is showing how crap your arguments are and how you can't just go around asserting things and expecting everyone to take your word for it. I'm also refraining from resorting to ad hominems as I don't require those to bolster up my argument and for somebody that doesn't want to argue, why do you keep replying.

I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone but I'm also not making BS claims as if they were facts.

you're not? so you're trying to prove my opinion is wrong and yours is true? and you're not trying to shove your opinion down my throat?

FFS, you really have some problems, friend.

You're right and i'm wrong, now go tell your friends that you wont an argument in the internetz and leave me in peace, please, i'm just tired of your nonsense talk.

Edited by lipemr

you're not? so you're trying to prove my opinion is wrong and yours is true? and you're not trying to shove your opinion down my throat?

FFS, you really have some problems, friend.

You're right and i'm wrong, now go tell your friends that you wont an argument in the internetz and leave me in peace, please, i'm just tired of your nonsense talk.

ok.

AS do I as you'll see a few posts down from the one you quoted. However, what we are really talking about is a preponderance of hackers like it was in the mod and that simply is not the case. Hackers won't ever go but they're not ruining the game as is what is being made out here - that it's so bad it's noteworthy. If it was that bad we would see evidence of it.

Yeah I agree, there are lots of false positives when it comes to people calling out hacker. I've been playing with my friend and had him go invisible on me and stuff, so it is definitely hard to make an accurate call given the desync issues etc.

That being said I also don't think it helps when people who may have experienced people using hacks get treated as though they believe in some whacky conspiracy. I am not saying that of you personally, but whenever you get a thread about hacking you inevitably get people instantly dismissing it as desync issues. 

Sure the problem is lessened compared to the mod, but a smaller problem is still a problem, and it does not help that people treat it as if it is non-existent.

lipemr, can we try to make our point without being abusive please.

• Like 1

lipemr, can we try to make our point without being abusive please.

i'm trying my best, cant blame me for not grasping stupidity after almost 20 posts of useless discussion.

As much as dislike lipemr's hostility towards you (some appears justified), you are really wrong about that. In my short 20 hours of dayz SA I already encountered 2 hackers. Add to that the daily thread complaining about the hacking problem in addition to the stickied thread acknowledging that hackers are massive issue with the game as it is.

There is no denying that there is a serious issue with hackers at the moment. 

(Also he had more evidence then you did) 

Yeah the only hacker I've seen in the standalone is yesus, and only in non BE protected experimental servers. Hacking definitely is way better in the early stages of SA then it ever was at any point of the mod.

Hell during early access for Arma 3 it was unplayable for awhile because of the infection hack that would invite the client then transfer from server to server teleporting you into the sky. BIS and BE solved this and I don't encounter much hacking in Arma 3 anymore, it's still a modular game though.

His close minded view is defiantly strange; You want hacking to be less present, so BIS locks down modding and creates it so the central server has the most controls, this creates a temporary lag issues while the new system optimizes. Then he also still complains about hacking that is 100x less then the mod, all that while trying to fluff up the mod.

I think he just is not a visionary, and his brain can only handle what is currently happening, no perception for where it will end up. If he participated in the EA for Arma 3 he would have seen how little that game had at the start and it's range of issues(totally unplayable for awhile), these were solved and content was fully added by full release. Arma 3 was also ahead of DayZ's current build when released to EA.

• Like 1

Yeah the only hacker I've seen in the standalone is yesus, and only in non BE protected experimental servers. Hacking definitely is way better in the early stages of SA then it ever was at any point of the mod.

Hell during early access for Arma 3 it was unplayable for awhile because of the infection hack that would invite the client then transfer from server to server teleporting you into the sky. BIS and BE solved this and I don't encounter much hacking in Arma 3 anymore, it's still a modular game though.

His close minded view is defiantly strange; You want hacking to be less present, so BIS locks down modding and creates it so the central server has the most controls, this creates a temporary lag issues while the new system optimizes. Then he also still complains about hacking that is 100x less then the mod, all that while trying to fluff up the mod.

I think he just is not a visionary, and his brain can only handle what is currently happening, no perception for where it will end up. If he participated in the EA for Arma 3 he would have seen how little that game had at the start and it's range of issues(totally unplayable for awhile), these were solved and content was fully added by full release. Arma 3 was also ahead of DayZ's current build when released to EA.

I can find 4 threads on the first page that complain about hacking. Also comparing it to the mod is not a wise decision. Nothing could have been done about hacking in the mod unlike SA