Sign in to follow this  
alcarin (DayZ)

Muzzle loading rifles

i think a weapon like the muzzleloading jeagre rifle would be and easy weapon for surviving once you have it here are what the specs should be.

slow reloading

high accuracy

very loud

one shot

rare

found in museums only

heres a description of the ammo

name paper cartridge

common

found in museums only

can be crafted by adding 

gunpowder

lead ball bullet

paper

together

gunpowder can be made by breaking open any bullets

using pliers

lead ball bullets can be made by melting lead items in a pot over a fire

crafting that with a bullet caste

bullet caste 

rare 

only found in museums

i theory if you have the patience's to find the base items the gun the caste the pot and matches for the fire you get an accurate hunting rifle with ammo easy to make if you can find some lead and any type of ammo for the powder i know the difference between black powder and modern gun powder but i dont think anybody has the patience to find charcoal saltpeter and sulfur in the wild

so anybody cant say it would suck in combat its not meant for combat but for hunting maybe for taking potshots at long range enemys its basicly a hunting rifle well thats what it was designed as for lore it was used by the Russian army during the Napoleonic era

evan if my idea doesnt be added all i would love is a one shot hunting rifle for simple protection and taking down deer for some meat

Edited by alcarin

high accuracy - not likely with a museum piece, in either case not more than a modern cartridge

very loud - not as loud as modern cartridges

it should be noted that sportsshooters have muzzleloaders as well

also there are different types of muzzleloaders, which kind of lock were you thinking of? Percussion caps? Or the earlier flintlock? or the even earlier(! yes) wheellock? The intermediate swiss needle lock? The earliest - matchlock?

I vote no on muzzle loaders.

I'd like to see modern muzzle loading/black powder rifles (yes, they exist) rather than some museum piece which might turn into a pipebomb.