KindsirCTHG

Streamers make Day Z SA look like so much action happens.

Sacriel is the kind of guy who acts like DayZ is ArmA and that probably wouldn't stand a chance on the aforementioned ArmA.

Nothing wrong with more realism in Dayz but god I cringe when people talk like soldiers do.

Bravo 5 actual

Kill confirmed....

What a tool.

Gaming isn't a sport. None of those apply there is nothing entertaining about watching someone else play, its just odd.

No but it's a form of entertainment, playing or watching. That's you're opinion though, I enjoy watching a stream when it's late and I'm too tired to get into a game. 

OMG, i had never heard of Sacriel until this thread and after a quick google search and watching a 6 minute video on twitch i must say it was utterly cringe viewing. This guy is popular why? Its actually embarrassing to hear a grown man taking a video game so fucking seriously. I can fully understand watching a Frankie or JackFrags video on youtube, they are entertaining. But this guy is OMFG painful to watch!!!

Edited by JamesLennoxHood
  • Like 1

Ive watched DayZ streamers make $1,000's of dollars in less than an hour with over 5,000 viewers. Ive seen "low-level", new streamers make $100 in 30 minutes with only 6 viewers. All off of donations. 

Its absolute madness, and I want in! LOL  :D

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

I will never understand streamers or the recent popularity of them.

Why would morons sit and watch other people play games then on top of it all put in their idiotic input while playing.

Why not just play the game yourself instead of watching someone play. Super silly to me.

I watch when I can't play. Sometimes I sit at my desk staring at Photoshop until my eyes bleed and it's nice to have some background noise. Just because you can't grasp a concept doesn't mean it's moronic.

I watch when I can't play. Sometimes I sit at my desk staring at Photoshop until my eyes bleed and it's nice to have some background noise. Just because you can't grasp a concept doesn't mean it's moronic.

Occam's razor. People fear the unknown or things they don't understand, as a result they hurl insults and yell instead of trying to understand it. you have to find things they can relate to for them to understand and some still refuse to accept it or dismiss it outright. (another anthropological theory known as cognitive dissonance) Doesn't mean either person is wrong, simply that they hold different opinions.

As for some streams: look up "lord vader's pizza delivery service" and "I was saved by a firefighter" if it is a good comedian I will watch their stuff, but I honestly don't enjoy the "take everything serious, must win at all costs" tryhard mentality that permeates games today, half the fun of games like doom or team fortress 2 is how unrealistic and silly it is and trying to make deaths less ragey and more of those ones where you just stare at the screen then bust out laughing.

Take for example the other day, I respawned on experimental, was running on a hill moved wrong rubber banded between a tree and the hill, I crouched to try and move and rocket through one tree and into another and upon colliding with the second tree "you are dead" it was one of those moment that I just sat there for a good 30 seconds then nearly wet myself laughing at the absurdity of it. If I could share it by stream I would have in a heartbeat.

Some videos are actually helpful, fun to watch and others are actually really entertaining, I would never have bought this game if I didn't watch the videos, just reading up about it isn't enough. 

On topic though, ofcourse people are going to make videos which are more action packed than the game itself, you wouldn't watch a Fifa Ultimate Team video on YouTube if all they did was 0-0 games...

DayZ can think of it as free-advertising though, different people show different aspects of the game.

and sometimes it's because I want to learn how to play a game (Paradox grand strategy games, I am looking at you).

Hey, register over at the paradox forums, we're some of the nicest, most helpful people around. You post a question and you'll have multiple people falling over each other to answer it. I play Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron III and Darkest Hour. Been in that community since 2001 with EU2.

Why would morons sit and watch other people play games then on top of it all put in their idiotic input while playing.

Why not just play the game yourself instead of watching someone play. Super silly to me.

I don't sit and watch streams. I find them pretty boring. I am a gamer that would prefer to play.

I DO watch sports, politics, news, and many MANY other things.

I watch table tennis and soccer, I really enjoy watching golf on TV.

People might think I am an idiot for doing any of those things and that is their choice.

I am glad I live in a world as diverse as we do; We can all watch what we like and not really step on anyone for the most part...until we start judging others for what they view.

Hey, register over at the paradox forums, we're some of the nicest, most helpful people around. You post a question and you'll have multiple people falling over each other to answer it. I play Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron III and Darkest Hour. Been in that community since 2001 with EU2.

Don't worry, I know how helpful those forums are. I often get questions answered just by searching them as opposed to posting. I'm more of a visual learner though so I find people like Shenryyr and Arumba absolutely wonderful. :)

Gaming isn't a sport. None of those apply there is nothing entertaining about watching someone else play, its just odd.

You don't actually get to decide this. It is a matter of personal preference.

I could sit and stare at ant hills and if I can convince others it is worthwhile I may have a new sport on my hands.

Things change deal with it :D

• Like 1

I don't watch streamers but I do watch let's plays on YouTube for certain games, and some of those are recorded streaming. Sometimes I want to play a certain game but I am not in the mood or I am too tired, and sometimes it's because I want to learn how to play a game (Paradox grand strategy games, I am looking at you).

As for people being "morons" for watching streamers, not everyone who does something you don't like is a "moron". How immature.

Good god paradox games, 

Remember watching the stream and saying yea it is not to hard to play ck2, let me jump into it.

Within 18 months, my first born son was killed by uncle, my wife tried to poison me, 2 nephews tried to split my country in half and I was being invaded by my neighbor. 

• Like 1

You don't actually get to decide this. It is a matter of personal preference.

I could sit and stare at ant hills and if I can convince others it is worthwhile I may have a new sport on my hands.

Things change deal with it :D

Gaming requires you to sit on your ass while you move a mouse or a controller around.

It requires no physical exertion or athleticism therefore it will never be a sport and will always be laughed at.

When there is a possibility for an athlete to be a 400 pound lard ass with Cheetos dust all over his desk that activity is immediately not a sport.

Gaming requires you to sit on your ass while you move a mouse or a controller around.

It requires no physical exertion or athleticism therefore it will never be a sport and will always be laughed at.

Seeing as Chess is an official sport, no.

I don't much care for elevating something to the title of "sport", football, games, auto racing, just fun activities. Why does one have to have more merit than the other? Works both ways, people trying to assert gaming as a sport look silly and people looking down on gaming for not being a sport look silly.

As to the subject of streaming, I despise it. Even the so-called "popular" streamers are insufferable, and yes to the OP, it's inherently misleading. Moreover, the idea that the DayZ community somehow owes its existence to streaming is adorable at best and toxic at worst.

I do agree with you, I don't see much point to it. Easier for me to just play the game. Not like it requires any extra effort.

Stream sniping, whooo boy. You're willfully broadcasting your location to the public, what the fuck do you think is going to happen? Don't whine about getting killed when you're PURPOSEFULLY DISPLAYING YOUR LOCATION.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

sometimes people dont have a group to play with, or just suck and want to see some real action instead of getting wrecked in game.

And for the topic trend, their videos are cut out pieces of 10~12 hours of recorded gameplay, usually.

And the streams are usually action packed cause they tell friends of theirs to attack them, or go to high trafic areas on full servers.

Without mention some of them use dodgy ways to not get killed.

Edited by lipemr

What I do in DayZ is Stream Snipe.  In fact, stream hunting is one of the only and best End Game activities to participate in. 

interesting-call-tracking.jpeg 

You care to broaden out about this subject?

You care to broaden out about this subject?

What i do, I watch a streamer (goes against everything I complained about earlier, but there is a reason) and wait until they bring up the Player list.  Look for someone with a full/close to full server, and since there are maybe 10 servers close to full, hunt for his name.  Then watch yourself kill!

When there is a possibility for an athlete to be a 400 pound lard ass with Cheetos dust all over his desk that activity is immediately not a sport.

Seriously man you are stretching to make yourself the "decider" here. you simply do not get to make our opinions for us.

In reality I agree that video games are not a "sport" but then I also accept that things change whethere I agree or not.

It also does not take insulting and acting like a child to get your point across.

No one here will respond to you like an adult when you act like a twelve year old. I suspect you are not a twelve year old but have not yet discovered the world is only what you make of it in your mind. We out here are all doing the same thing in OUR WORLD.

I see your opinion here thanks for sharing it. It is not uncommon and many would agree. Many would also agree you could have chosen a better way to express it.

By the way chess A GAME also requires you to sit on your ass. Millions upon millions of people watch and play chess. There is a ton of money in the chess world. I would rather be a grand master chess player than a football player any day of the week.

There is merit in more than one thing for entertainment. I don't expect you to agree with me at any level I would only ask you express yourself in a way that is not insulting to another persons views and desires even if they do that to you. It is a lot to ask I know, but I am still asking.

In the end they are all games to me and the word sport is meaninless in my eyes.

• Like 2

Well, I can say that in my case, I stream for the benefit of those I know personally who either A) do not own a gaming PC, or one powerful enough to run the game itself, and B.) for my younger nephews whose gaming is done on console alone. I tolerate it when they are visiting, but simply cannot stand when someone watches me play anything, over my shoulder. It inevitably leads to back-seat-driver syndrome, and I want to punch them in the face. STFU and let me play my game!

Personally, the only streams I ever watch are youtube highlights that other people link to me, Never watched a twitch stream on its own for more than a couple of minutes total, because I PLAY the game. I don't want to sit and watch someone else play it.

Edited by Real Meatshield
  • Like 1