KindsirCTHG

Streamers make Day Z SA look like so much action happens.

You ever notice that when you watch a Day Z Standalone Stream they are always decked out in Gun/Ammo/Med kits being pinned down from all angles in a all out dog fight.
While you on the other hand struggle to find a rotten apple for feed your face while trying to win a race with the worlds most persistent lone zombie? Well Yeah...the video pretty much sums up how Day Z SA is for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rS84D9ZXU

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/230ka1/streamers_make_day_z_standalone_look_so_much_fun/

Edited by KindsirCTHG

It does if you know where to go, also if you play with others and lock down a certain part of a town you will realize that there are so many people who pass you by without you noticing when you are alone due to the size of the map.

The game can be very action packed. You have to get on the right servers and stuff. If you're in a busy server that has been picked clean its hard to find stuff. When you meet someone, don't just let them run by. Talk to them and get involved. DayZ is a social game at heart. Weird for a PC Game I know but it is very social. Just yesterday I had to start fresh after being murdered by a bandit. Within 1 hr me and a guy I had met were being shot at from a roof by two bandits. He got taken as a hostage and I got away. It was very intense though. I have tons of stories like that.

It does if you know where to go, also if you play with others and lock down a certain part of a town you will realize that there are so many people who pass you by without you noticing when you are alone due to the size of the map.

Yeah gatherd as much, I struggle just staying connected to a server ;) 

It's because they have multiple backup characters already geared up, often by dodgy means, and they stay where the action is.

• Like 2

It's because they have multiple backup characters already geared up, often by dodgy means, and they stay where the action is.

Yeah, most streamers right now are boring ****ers that just post about PVP in Elektro, alone or with their (suspiciously) super geared team.

Edited by Res
  • Like 2

I will never understand streamers or the recent popularity of them.

Why would morons sit and watch other people play games then on top of it all put in their idiotic input while playing.

Why not just play the game yourself instead of watching someone play. Super silly to me.

• Like 5

You ever notice that when you watch a Day Z Standalone Stream they are always decked out in Gun/Ammo/Med kits being pinned down from all angles in a all out dog fight.

While you on the other hand struggle to find a rotten apple for feed your face while trying to win a race with the worlds most persistent lone zombie? Well Yeah...the video pretty much sums up how Day Z SA is for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2rS84D9ZXU

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/230ka1/streamers_make_day_z_standalone_look_so_much_fun/

Because they hop servers, role with a clan who abuses admin to loot farm or dupe gear more often than not.

You've stumbled on the streamer's dirty little secret, or one of them anyway.

They're giving people the wrong impression of this game and attracting players that the game would be better off without and to top it all off, they pushed the devs to unlock the steam account name from your dayZ name, making it damn hard to ban hackers and abusive types from servers.

Guess that's the price of the free advertising they give, though.. right?

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

Why would morons sit and watch other people play games then on top of it all put in their idiotic input while playing.

I don't watch streamers but I do watch let's plays on YouTube for certain games, and some of those are recorded streaming. Sometimes I want to play a certain game but I am not in the mood or I am too tired, and sometimes it's because I want to learn how to play a game (Paradox grand strategy games, I am looking at you).

As for people being "morons" for watching streamers, not everyone who does something you don't like is a "moron". How immature.

• Like 5

Why not just play the game yourself instead of watching someone play. Super silly to me.

The same reason people watch Football instead of going out and playing Footbal themselves. It's a form of entertainment. 

• Like 1

THANK YOU.

Who the fuck wants to sit around and watch Sacriel stream, let alone some random kid? All Sacriel does is run around with his friends hoping to run into some random group of travelers and then treating the situation like he's up against some sort of elite tactical squad, when they're usually garbed in purple backpacks and orange raincoats. It's seriously fucking funny.

*clueless player walks into barracks in NWAF, gets shot through window*

Sacriel: "CONFIRMED KILL IN BARRACKS AT TETRIS: HEADSHOT. Man, my hands are sweating I'm so nervous."

• Like 7

THANK YOU.

Who the fuck wants to sit around and watch Sacriel stream, let alone some random kid? All Sacriel does is run around with his friends hoping to run into some random group of travelers and then treating the situation like he's up against some sort of elite tactical squad, when they're usually garbed in purple backpacks and orange raincoats. It's seriously fucking funny.

Sacriel: "CONFIRMED KILL IN BARRACKS AT TETRIS: HEADSHOT. Man, my hands are sweating I'm so nervous."

:D

Sounds right.

Explains why the mods private servers all went to 1000 helis - auto refuel - self blood bag......

Keep it real Rocket and Co. No private hives that are not running the actual game please.

• Like 2

THANK YOU.

It's even more funny when he gets killed and starts whinning about stream snipers. I don't get why that guy is so popular really

• Like 1

Usually to watch other people's playstyle or to learn something new. Or as a form of light entertainment if one just can't be bothered...

However I agree with you that I can hardly understand the particular popularity of Dayz streams. There really is not that much to see or learn, and watching a game that's mainly about the social and emotional investment of the player doesen't really contribute to a pleasent experience.

I find streams/VODs to be way more interesting on competetive games like dota2 (talking about professional gaming though).

It's even more funny when he gets killed and starts whinning about stream snipers. I don't get why that guy is so popular really

You can't kill a streamer, it's against the ToS or something.  :rolleyes:

You can't kill a streamer, it's against the ToS or something.  :rolleyes:

WAIT WHAT!?  >:(

Edited by Res

WAIT WHAT?  > :(

Sarcasm, but they did manage to get the game modified to help prevent us from knowing which server they're playing on... so, yeah. :D

Interesting how steps got taken to protect a group of players who put themselves at a tactical disadvantage knowingly from getting killed by people playing the game legitimately. It's almost like the game got free advertising from them or something.

• Like 4

Why watch a sport when I can go play the same game? Why listen to music when I can sing? Why watch any fictional move/tv/show when I can go enjoy 'real life?'. It is all a form of entertainment, it's not up to you to tell people what they should find entertaining.

• Like 1

The same reason people watch Football instead of going out and playing Footbal themselves. It's a form of entertainment. 

I was making a case to argue this but actually it checks out.  Although I think it is absolutely the lowest a gamer could get, to watch streams, I find your argument has made me eat my words.  Thank you KindSir.  I like changing opinions.  Its like starting a new life.  Not really but still.

What I do in DayZ is Stream Snipe.  In fact, stream hunting is one of the only and best End Game activities to participate in.  Granted, this started as an outlet for my complete loathing of knowing that there were possibly tens of kids watching another kid play a game.  Also the ego that I assumed would have to go into starting up a live stream.  Why else do one? Reviewing a game?  Oh, ok I can see that.  Strategy?  Yeah, good idea, but not for DayZ (Step 1, survive.  No further steps).  Because people love me and find my commentary hilarious?  *slowly removes glasses, rubs bridge of nose, sighs deeply, defeated* 

I guess it is because I am from the generation that grew up with the consoles.  Try doing that shit in 1997 with a SNES.  Hey man, watch me play this game real quick!  My response would have been hurling my Ecto Cooler at their head while screaming out fair arguments like "You've already had a turn, it's my turn!  Well thats my controller so I'll just unplug it!  MOM!!!"

Plus my ADHD barely lets me run to Zeleno, let alone watch someone else do it.

• Like 5

What I do in DayZ is Stream Snipe.

Had some great fun myself messing with streamers. :thumbsup: (In my defense, it has always been the ones who deserved it.)

Why watch a sport when I can go play the same game? Why listen to music when I can sing? Why watch any fictional move/tv/show when I can go enjoy 'real life?'. It is all a form of entertainment, it's not up to you to tell people what they should find entertaining.

Gaming isn't a sport. None of those apply there is nothing entertaining about watching someone else play, its just odd.

THANK YOU.

Never heard of this sacriel but he sounds like a complete and utter tool.

• Like 2

Never heard of this sacriel but he sounds like a complete and utter tool.

Sacriel is the kind of guy who acts like DayZ is ArmA and that probably wouldn't stand a chance on the aforementioned ArmA.