Kirin (DayZ)

MAJOR scope issues! please help!

So im having an issue with my sights. Whenever i use ANY scope, ANY scope at all, and i look down the scope, there is no scope "iron sights" Like the PU scopes cross hairs are not there at all, the entire scope is not there, same goes for the handgun red dot, i get the zoom effect as if im looking into the scope but theres no sights to aim with.

im not just zooming with my eyes, im not new. This issue has been happening since last update and im not sure how to fix it, iv validated files, re-installed, totally wiped the game from my computer and yet its still happening to me.

could anyone please look at the pictures iv attached and help me figure this out please?

its really hard to play with straight up iron sights, makes you feel naked.

anyways, i would appreciate any and all help from you guys

thank you for taking the time to read this!

the below pictures are With and Without the optic attachments, the handgun should have a Red Dot and the mosin should have a PU scope.

regards,

Kirin

post-203621-0-21840500-1397333273_thumb.

post-203621-0-39221800-1397333279_thumb.

post-203621-0-21077700-1397333285_thumb.

post-203621-0-32628500-1397333290_thumb.

You are holding the right click too long. Do it more quickly.

Can you run?

No im not, iv logged almost 200 hours into the game now.

when i look down the scope the scope is NOT there, iv tried everything,

that super close up on the handgun should have a red dot sight on it, but it dose not.

Ok I can't help. I will let other people make suggestions.

• Like 1

it's known bug,,

happened to me also last night,,

m4 and mosin,, have all the attachments but when i changed my view to first person,, it's all gone.

Did u try playing in different computer? coz i've tried and nothing happened,, i can see my guns' attachments..

I have multi gpu in my other comp,

maybe that's the issue? or just a major bug that happened to particular users

Yup, same issue with me. Pristine Acog not showing. Red Dot sight is messed up too. It shows but the red dot is a white box making the scope worthless. At times I can wheel around my M4 and it will show at one very specific angle. I've tried different scopes different guns. It started happening a couple weeks ago. Using latest Catalyst. R9 290

So, for some time back I made a post about a bug with the scopes that is totally ruining my experience with Dayz. Its not just a thing with one scope, it concerns all the scopes for all the guns. SKS, Mosin or M4 does not matter at all, and it goes with all RDS, Acog, PU and Long Range Scopes.

There is a ticket on the DayZ bugtracker relating to one of the bugs that you can see with my youtube Video, which is purely graphical where the scopes and the attachments will disappear in certain angles in first person view. The second bug, which is the one that is bothering me the most is that ANY scope will fail to load or be viewed when ADSing. As you can see on the vid this happens whenever I ADS, multiple times.

The bug has gone on for weeks now where I am unable to use any gun for longer range encounters. Logging out and in again does not help. Restoring Cache and Files with Steam does not work. Picking up a new scope does not work. I have literally tried most of what I can think of that would fix it.

Please help, if you have seen or experienced similar or the same bug. Making a new bugreport aswell as this topic :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlUrY0PVy4

Yeah that video posted above is exactly whats happening to me, with any scope.

i really hope theres a fix found soon, i feel naked running around not being able to defend at long range.

Hi,

I've seen this a while back, but have been unable to reproduce it myself. None of my colleagues have ever encountered it as well. Can you provide more information on the issue? How are you attaching the scopes to your weapons, where did the scope and weapon come from, are you attaching the scope from vicinity or inventory menus?

Please list as much information as you can. Even if you feel it's stupid or irrelevant.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've seen this a while back, but have been unable to reproduce it myself. None of my colleagues have ever encountered it as well. Can you provide more information on the issue? How are you attaching the scopes to your weapons, where did the scope and weapon come from, are you attaching the scope from vicinity or inventory menus?

Please list as much information as you can. Even if you feel it's stupid or irrelevant.

Thanks!

I have it too but it's only the vertical crosshair on the Long Range Scope, I've tried switching it with others, and it's Pristine. I've tried restarting game and other stuff,  but nothing works. I've tried picking it up from the vicinity, and dropping and picking up. 

Hi,

Thanks!

any open optic scope i attach to any weapon will show the zoom in effect without the scope itself displaying.

iv tried the PU on a mosin and a SKS and both zoom while using ADS but there is no scope showing.

Iv tried the M$ red dot and ACOG with no scope showing when ADS.

Iv tried the handgun with red dot that does not show the red dot when ADS.

The mosin works with the long range scope, i get the crosshairs, but the scope on the outsdie is still not there untill i ADS.

i have killed my toons, regeared them, travled all over the map trying differnt guns, totally wiped all Dayz info off my computer and reinstalled, validated files and all, it always happens,

only for about 10 min did i have my scope back when someone told me to run Steam as Admin, i did that and logged in to have my scope work, but as soon as i started to explore again it disapeared when i ADS again.

i have not been able to make the scope reappear ever since, and iv had this issue since the last big update with the faster zombies and zombie spawns (by the way good work on the faster zombies and the zombie spawns, the games amazing =D)

im not sure what more info i can provide that video that one guy linked is pretty much whats happening to me spot on when i ADS with any weapon, everywhere, indoors, outside, in elecktro, cherno, NWAB.

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I have a Mosin with a PU scope. And one day i logged on and it disappeared when ADS. It shows the zoom but there is no scope or reticule or anything.

I found another scope, changed it and got the same result.

Found another mosin, same result.

Found an SKS and a new scope, same result.

Gave the scope to a friend, he has no problem using it, he gave it back and... Same result. Its not there.

Dropped it, gave it to a corpse, i tried everything and there is just no way anymore for me to see any kind of scope and reticule when ADS.

The last time it worked I logged out with a black mosin, with PU scope and a compensator attached.

The Video above shows exactly my problem. Please help us out! I know it's in alpha but I really enjoy the game and right now is unplayable because of the big disadvantage in combat. I want to get back in! Heheh.

Hi,

Thanks!

Attaching the scopes is not an issue. I get the bug whenever I attach a scope either through vincinity or through the inventory by itself. The scopes and weapons come from all kinds of lootdrops, military tents, garages and ATC towers. The weapons are completely random aswell. 

As part of troubleshooting this issue I have revalidated the files through steam, restarted DayZ, heck I have even died multiple times and still get the same problem. 

Then here is the weird part. Today I bought a secondary license of DayZ for a separate Steamaccount of mine. Using the same computer and the same hardware (obviously) the scopes are working for this particular account. Hence making me suspect there is nothing wrong with the gamefiles or the hardware per se, but its still happening on my primary license.

And as mentioned above swapping the PU scope back to my buddy in the video did not give him the same bug, the scopes are and function correctly when he attaches them to his guns. Giving me his gun renders the scopes unusable, while its working correctly when the weapon is given back to my buddy. It seems to be a clientside or licencebased bug however silly that sounds considering my two licenses are not experiencing the same thing.

Edited by Shiennar

Attaching the scopes is not an issue. I get the bug whenever I attach a scope either through vincinity or through the inventory by itself. The scopes and weapons come from all kinds of lootdrops, military tents, garages and ATC towers. The weapons are completely random aswell. 

As part of troubleshooting this issue I have revalidated the files through steam, restarted DayZ, heck I have even died multiple times and still get the same problem. 

Then here is the weird part. Today I bought a secondary license of DayZ for a separate Steamaccount of mine. Using the same computer and the same hardware (obviously) the scopes are working for this particular account. Hence making me suspect there is nothing wrong with the gamefiles or the hardware per se, but its still happening on my primary license.

And as mentioned above swapping the PU scope back to my buddy in the video did not give him the same bug, the scopes are and function correctly when he attaches them to his guns. Giving me his gun renders the scopes unusable, while its working correctly when the weapon is given back to my buddy. It seems to be a clientside or licencebased bug however silly that sounds considering my two licenses are not experiencing the same thing.

Wow that explains alot. So basically there is nothing we can do but wait until they can replicate the bug and fix it client side? or buy another license of the game... tempting.

Wow that explains alot. So basically there is nothing we can do but wait until they can replicate the bug and fix it client side? or buy another license of the game... tempting.

Im not going to be as confident by saying it is a fact that it is caused by license or client, but it seems so to me.

Today I bought a secondary license of DayZ for a separate Steamaccount of mine. Using the same computer and the same hardware (obviously) the scopes are working for this particular account. Hence making me suspect there is nothing wrong with the gamefiles or the hardware per se, but its still happening on my primary license.

Logging on today I discover that the scopes no longer work on this secondary license. Please advise.

well i was finally able to obtain a PU scope for an SKS and a mosin on exparemental servers, and they work amazing.

so im not sure what the issue is between reg servers and exparemental.

Updating the topic with information;

Yesterday I played two sessions. One where the scopes worked, another where they stopped working in the middle of the session. The bug itself seems to be a mix between the ones I mentioned in the first post I made. I was not streaming at the time, but I could clearly see that the scopegraphics flickered on and off while I was aiming down sights, only accepting to show the scopes in certain angles before the graphic removed itself completely.