gacsibeni

Regaining blood is way too hard

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but saline doesn't replenish blood.

It's just a bag of sterile salt water, got some nice uses in the medical field but here in DayZ it's used to regain blood pressure not the actual blood.

I think that's important to note because even though it'll restore color you won't effectively be healed so the next time you scratch your arm or cut your finger you'll be bleeding to death.

I'm not bothered by the slow regen rate, it should be that slow, I just think that the Saline should give you more blood units back, and I would LOVE it if they fixed the sometimes you can't start regenerating even though you've just been hit bug...... kinda inconvenient to get hit again to try and trigger healing.... especially in a firefight standoff....

I'm not bothered by the slow regen rate, it should be that slow, I just think that the Saline should give you more blood units back, and I would LOVE it if they fixed the sometimes you can't start regenerating even though you've just been hit bug...... kinda inconvenient to get hit again to try and trigger healing.... especially in a firefight standoff....

A saline bag shouldn't give back blood units, it should only "hydrate". When you lose blood, you lose both fluids and blood cells. The fluid should instantly be regained when using a saline bag, but it obviously doesn't contain blood cells. Your kidneys sense the lack of oxygen and release a hormone which stimulates creation of extra blood cells in the spinal marrow. That way, your blood regains the blood cells. Obviously, building extra cells is pretty demanding for energy and components to build them from. Both are acquired by eating. Don't know how long this regeneration takes, though. I guess 1-3 days or so, but for all I know it's just 6-12 hours.

TL;DR Saline bag takes care of lost fluids, food takes care of lost blood cells.

Edited by The End.

A saline bag shouldn't give back blood units, it should only "hydrate". When you lose blood, you lose both fluids and blood cells. The fluid should instantly be regained when using a saline bag, but it obviously doesn't contain blood cells. Your kidneys sense the lack of oxygen and release a hormone which stimulates creation of extra blood cells in the spinal marrow. That way, your blood regains the blood cells. Obviously, building extra cells is pretty demanding for energy and components to build them from. Both are acquired by eating. Don't know how long this regeneration takes, though. I guess 1-3 days or so, but for all I know it's just 6-12 hours.

TL;DR Saline bag takes care of lost fluids, food takes care of lost blood cells.

Eh, I've donated a few times irl, and I've felt that cold feeling for like day. When I slept and woke up I was pretty good except for maybe light headed ness when running. Sucks to have O+ blood.

Eh, I've donated a few times irl, and I've felt that cold feeling for like day. When I slept and woke up I was pretty good except for maybe light headed ness when running. Sucks to have O+ blood.

I think the cold feeling was caused by the lack of fluids, since blood plays a role in keeping warm. The light-headedness was definitely lack of blood cells AKA hemoglobin delivering oxygen. So in real life it'd probably take about 2 days to get full blood back. Looks like I guessed just about right  B) 

In game I think 12 hours to regain full blood is plenty, gameplay wise.