gacsibeni

Regaining blood is way too hard

Hello everyone. I think regaining blood in its current form in SA is way too hard compared to DayZ Mod. It requires a lot of items that are not easy to find (it might just be me though) and the reward is not really great either, thinking about the 500 / 1000 HP regen of the seline / blood bag with a 5000 HP pool. We should not forget that compared to the Mod food does not replenish blood either, and IMO this system needs to be looked at. I'm curious about your opinion.

EDIT: When I made this post, I wasn't aware of the fact that blood can be replenished from being energized. Sorry.

Edited by gacsibeni
  • Like 1

Yeah, supposed to be that way. Should be harder.

And you are aware that food does replenish blood right? You have to eat enough until it says "energized" and then drink enough until it says "hydrated" and another icon will show up with "healing/healthy" on it and you'll start healing if you have any gone.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 10

I honestly think it's too easy

Loving that you can't just insta-heal like in the mod.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 4

I agree too that. When i first found out how to do it my jaw dropped because it was so ridiculous. Im sure it will be patched eventually but as of right now i dont think its much of a priority to the dev's. Could be wrong though.

too easy to regain blood imho
with this huge amount of food
no survival-feeling :(
miss the good old "i´m gonna diiie" tension from namalsk

• Like 1

Have my beans Katana67, I did not know that I can replenish through being energized. I started the game today and honestly I have this feeling that when the final product will come out it will be epic like the Mod was, but on a higher scale.

• Like 3

You think it's hard in the game? You should try it in real life.

• Like 1

There is a few ways to regain blood. But, the simple method is to eat and drink, and wait. All you need to do is drink until you are full, then eat until it says energized. You will notice that energized is only dark green. Eat a little bit more until it is in a lime green state. Afterward, a little message will appear that says healing. You will soon heal to full health and a newer message will say healthy. That's all you need to do. Just eat and drink enough that energized and hydrated status are lime green.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the way it is, maybe even making it harder. They are going for realism in this game and IRL a person needs 4-6 weeks to regenerate their RBC, WBC and all other constituents of their blood.  I'm personally glad they made saline bags only temporarily replace blood volume, because thats what it does irl too.

I hope I won't come to that.

EDIT: Know that I am aware that you can regain blood by feeding, it's a different story. And we must also take it into account that when the game will be 100% and everyone's going to have a base of tents and loot, it will not be that hard. Good ol' days in the mod when we were carrying 5-6 bags to every loot run just in case... Literally you could only die when somebody emptied a clip on your back.

Edited by gacsibeni
  • Like 1

Dude check out the videos of Merino Dayz on youtube and you'll understand alot better, its actually quite easy to regain blood and in my opinion is too fast, but its not my call to make. 

When you eat and drink enough you get to what merino calls regeneration 2 where you regen. 3 blood pr second and that is plenty fast. 

I wish it would take an hour or two to get to full health again so you didnt just heal in 15 minutes and go on another killing spree, but actually had to consider your health over a longer period of time choosing which battles you could partake in, thus also have an extended risk after being hurt. 

I would really like to see this in the future of Dayz. 

Yeah OP is totally off the mark. Food does replenish and there's 2 stages of regaining blood. Low which is when Energized and Hydrated are just green and High which is when Energized and Hydrated are both like a brighter green. It's easy to regain blood... if you aren't regaining blood, then you are doing it wrong. :)

• Like 1

Regaining blood is way too easy.

"Ow I got shot. Time to eat some beans!" No.

• Like 1

Regaining blood is way too easy.

"Ow I got shot. Time to eat some beans!" No.

edf4be04450708f6876a94ce334bd2575d0777ef

• Like 1

Yeah OP is totally off the mark. Food does replenish and there's 2 stages of regaining blood. Low which is when Energized and Hydrated are just green and High which is when Energized and Hydrated are both like a brighter green. It's easy to regain blood... if you aren't regaining blood, then you are doing it wrong. :)

actually you are in regen 1 when you dont have either of the status' "hungry" or "thirsty" ;)

Read threads before you post, kiddos.

OP didn't know you could regain blood by being healthy, now he does. Like six posts back.

Read threads before you post, kiddos.

OP didn't know you could regain blood by being healthy, now he does. Like six posts back.

Look at the time stamps before you assume.. Duh.. all the messages were written probably before anyone say each others posts.. 

Way too criticize people for trying to help. 

Have my beans Katana67, I did not know that I can replenish through being energized. I started the game today and honestly I have this feeling that when the final product will come out it will be epic like the Mod was, but on a higher scale.

That's the spirit,it is suprising to me,when new members come to the forums they usually start with whining,but that's not the case with you.

Have some beans for the road.

• Like 1

Regaining blood isn't a problem. What is a problem is curing life threatening gunshot wounds to the heart with simply rags.

Hello everyone. I think regaining blood in its current form in SA is way too hard compared to DayZ Mod. It requires a lot of items that are not easy to find (it might just be me though) and the reward is not really great either, thinking about the 500 / 1000 HP regen of the seline / blood bag with a 5000 HP pool. We should not forget that compared to the Mod food does not replenish blood either, and IMO this system needs to be looked at. I'm curious about your opinion.

EDIT: When I made this post, I wasn't aware of the fact that blood can be replenished from being energized. Sorry.

After playing the SA first than the mod. Id have to say the mod is way tougher on you if you start loosing blood. At least on some of the different versions you play.

Once improvised weapons and hunting are fully implemented and have been tested for awhile food will become very rare forcing players to hunt and pick berries.

Weapons will become "extremely rare" especially M4's forcing players to craft weapons.

The same way they had tons of backpacks in the game at first, then they introduced improvised backpacks and have been slowly reducing the backpack spawns forcing players to have to craft their first backpack. Unless I try for a military base first I find myself finding a rope and burlap before a backpack more and more these days.

We have yet to experience survival in DayZ, trust me it WILL get much, much better and regaining blood will not be quite so easy in the future.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Making a rant post on the day you started is obviously the best way to go about discovering core game mechanics. /facepalm

This is the reason games fail.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

I find regaining blood is way too easy right now. I like the way its done, but it should be a lot slower than it is. Fully heal yourself on regeneration 2 should take more than an hour, to say the least.

Ever since they re-implemented the loot spawn, surviving has become completely nil.  Yes we are testing but it would be nice to test actual surviving  :rolleyes:.  As for regaining blood, well, Katana had that covered.

Edited by Caboose187

Sure it takes time, but honestly it has never seemed to matter to me how long it takes. Being shot at usually means instant death anyway, no matter your health.