TheOracle

New idea for more civil behaviour

Trading / extorting information.

This idea is to promote civil behaviour, so less killing on sight.
Information is stored in the brain. If you kill someone you can get his gear but not the things he knows. So there are "information items" that disapear when you are killed. 

This "Information" can be anything: (some idea's)

- (Part of) coordinates to a stash of loot (respawning at a random location)

- a clue to a treasure loction 

- A skill like faster fishing/ repairing/ cooking

- password to a house, etc.

You Can Trade this infromation with people you meet.(duplicate) or kidnap someone and persuade them to share it with a certain % of succes.

Maybe we spawn with some information or it could be a rare "item" to pick up.

If loot would not spread evenly over the land anymore but in hotspots (certain towns/ buildings) This could be shared as information. And the hotspots would change affter its been looted.
Information should then be timestamped so you know how fresh it is. 

But i should stop going into detail. Let me know what you think

Edited by TheOracle

hmmm.

Well, i'll give you credit, this is definitely a creative idea. Personally however, i am not a fan. Like i said, it is interesting, but i don't think it would be good for DayZ. 

I'd rather have it be player-driven than game-driven.

If someone keeps a note on them with the location of their supply cache, and they get killed, someone could take and set out to find it... only to be killed themselves for falling into the trap. 

But honestly, at the very least, basic intelligence should be something that the actual player has.

Well I gave food for six random people tonight and result was that I survived cause when guns start to sing I run.

But I met some good people and some crazy people and that is what I think apocalypse is.

P.S 

John Lad, hope to meet you again but it is apocalypse you know.

Get the info, kill them later.

Edited by So Sexy

I would modify your idea. Make it so every server restart there are several suitcases or bags hidden on the map (in solo standing houses, barns or shacks) and you can find notes with clues, eg. "barn NE of Gorka" and it would contain some food, medical supplies and ammunition. Pretty much something like heli crash but needing more effort to find. Of course I'd love to see generic heli crashes too ;P