Sign in to follow this  
Tremble

Tomahawks. Melee/Ranged

Tomahawk

I think We should definitely put the tomahawk in. It will take a learning curve to use it but once you learn it you should be able to kill a bandit charging at you with an axe in no time! I have a couple suggestions for the Tomahawk. No i realize this isnt CoD but its a great weapon nonetheless. I think it should be a medium or rare find since this weapon will be re-usable. The balance to this weapon if its "OP"?  Damage over used time..,.Pristine,Worn, Damaged, Badly Damaged and Ruined of course. It should be repairable by a weapon cleaning kit to "Worn"

*Footnote: You should be able to craft this item but a lower quality. Sticks,rope and Stone/Metal. It should degrade over time faster since it is a crafted weapon and not a military found weapon. 

Pros: Silent Weapon if thrown onto a body, Re-usable, Good Range

Cons: *Clinks* when it hits a building or the ground, Have to fetch it, Weapon damaged over use

Suggested Places to find the Tomahawk: Airfields in the tents, Random Weapon crates, Attached to random telephone poles (Makes people really look an environment) and also in the Woods (Makes people going into the woods instead of city all day)

12566.jpg

1.Could be used as a melee or Ranged throwing weapon.

Melee weapon (Pull out weapon and left click) *Not that accurate since it is a smaller weapon but its better than a crowbar if you use it right.

12555.jpg

Range Weapon(Pull out weapon and raise it *Spacebar* ) You will raise your arm up to throw it, right click to aim for your target and line up a shot.

12563.jpg

Then throwing the Tomahawk to the target. This will take time to practice and harder on a moving target.

*Key to a moving target. Lead your cursor in front of your target and throw so he/she runs into it.

12565.jpg

Ok thats all for the Tomahawk weapon suggestion. Put in your input, likes or other suggestion to this weapon

Steam Name:Molly Shades

While it would certainly be cool...just not sure how it would get into chernarus.

Poor country, so few hobbyists. 

Not too many special forces participated in Harvest Red.

No guarantee that the few special forces that did participate would be carrying such a weapon. 

However, a throwing axe in general, perhaps self made, would seem good to me.

Edit: Read this on wikipedia, appears military use it more as hand-to-hand or non-weapon applications:

American Tomahawk Company's VTAC is in use by the US Army Stryker Brigade in Afghanistan, the 172nd SBCT team based atGrafenwöhr (Germany), the 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division out of Fort Lewis, a recon platoon in the 2-183d CAV (116th IBCT) (OIF 2007-2008) and numerous other soldiers. The VTAC was issued a national stock number (4210-01-518-7244) and classified as a “Class 9 rescue kit” as a result of a program called the Rapid Fielding Initiative; it is also included within every Stryker vehicle as the “modular entry tool set”. This design is enjoying something of a renaissance with US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan as a tool and in use in hand-to-hand combat.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Personally I think small hatchets would make more sense since they are a common camping and wood chopping tool

I find them everywhere. Everyone would have them. I personally want this to be its own individual weapon because its one of the few that can change Melee/Range (Apache Indian Style)

and just a little bit more harder to find than the common hatchet i.e Putting effort in looking at the environment more closely to find the weapon. =)

Well once Physics are Pushed to stable We'll all just be able to throw practically anything. Kitchen knives, combat Knives Bayonets, Hell even the Fire axes can be thrown. 

If Chernarus never acquires Tomahawks, It's alright. (although it would be cool)
Because we can improvise things that can do just as well.

Hell even the Fire axes can be thrown. 

I want to throw cars.  :|

• Like 1

Well once Physics are Pushed to stable We'll all just be able to throw practically anything. Kitchen knives, combat Knives Bayonets, Hell even the Fire axes can be thrown. 

If Chernarus never acquires Tomahawks, It's alright. (although it would be cool)

Because we can improvise things that can do just as well.

^ Pretty much true i guess =/ but the tomahawk should be the longest throwing weapon (Excluding Throwing knives)

I also would like to be a hero and help other players if they are getting robbed by bandits.

Situation: You walk down the road and you see 2 bandits holding up another person, the straggler throws his hands up in surrender and gets on the ground "Damn.. wish i could help" You suddenly remember you have a Tomahawk in your inventory! The two bandits are standing completely still interrogating the hostage... you line up the shot..*throws at the head and bandit body falls* Coms light up " What the hell was that OMG run!" You walk over to the hostage and retrieve your axe. "Saved your life kid" The hostage exhales "Thanks.. but why is the bandit still twitching?" 

83bxq.jpg

• Like 2

In reality:

*Newspawn getting shot at*

"Damn, I wish I could help.."

*Newspawn gets insta-killed*

"Oh shi-"

*You get insta-killed*

:lol:

I wish there were more actual bandits who rob you as opposed to ultraskillzsnip0rpromlgz headshoting you and leaving your body to rot.

• Like 1

Maybe not tomahawks (even though I love them), but hatchets.

• Like 2

In reality:

*Newspawn getting shot at*

"Damn, I wish I could help.."

*Newspawn gets insta-killed*

"Oh shi-"

*You get insta-killed*

:lol:

I wish there were more actual bandits who rob you as opposed to ultraskillzsnip0rpromlgz headshoting you and leaving your body to rot.

Hehe maybe its the servers i join. The RP community is big in terms of roleplaying and realism. I joined a roleplaying server and they actually hold you up, handcuff you, interrogate you, take your stuff, "where you heading" type of stuff. If you comply chances are they will handcuff you, take your stuff and leave you naked in the middle of cherno xD If you dont comply they normally shoot you on the spot 

Edited by Tremble

Hehe maybe its the servers i join. The RP community is big in terms of roleplaying and realism. I joined a roleplaying server and they actually hold you up, handcuff you, interrogate you, take your stuff, "where you heading" type of stuff. If you comply chances are they will handcuff you, take your stuff and leave you naked in the middle of cherno xD If you dont comply they normally shoot you on the spot 

Damn, I wanna know where this server is at.  :lol:

I can literally drop all my gear for someone, surrender, and be wearing an ORANGE raincoat, and they still just shoot me in the head.

Well what can I say? If the Russian Spetsnaz has it...

Spetsnaz.jpg

• Like 1