Sign in to follow this  
MCNine

Sobering experience in Starry Sober

Here's what happened:

4/10/14 Around 9:00 PM me and a friend had just entered Starry Sober from the east.

My friend approaches by the street while i run through the back yard. 

My friend approaches a character mid street with his axe out and assume its me. I immediately tell my friend that it is not me and that he needs to shoot him NOW. 

(Me and my friend play in the same room and we are actually orientated so i can see his screen because his computer is in front of me in the room.)

So before i can run there my friend is shot unconscious by a hidden teammate of the guy in the street and all the while the dude in the street is talking crap and telling my friend to drop his weapon when i can clearly see my friend wasn't moving towards or acting provokingly. These guys killed my friend so i preceded to get right behind a wall where they were looting his body. 

(in the middle of the street in starry this is a wrecked car and a hole in the wall, i was behind the wrecked car while the about to die kiddies were looting my friends body next to the car.)

I line my shot up through the gate right of the wall and unload as they are waist deep in my friends pockets. One of them dies immediately while the other runs off just as soon as i run out of ammo. I am assuming even though they were line-up together only one of them took all 9 shots and the other maybe just got one. Either way it was gratifying to avenge my friend after he had been killed. 

If i could offer any advice to a noob

Do not trust anymore and if you see one there will likely be another.

Me and my friend have encountered nothing but two man teams

Generally one is the M4- scout while the other camps and snipes with a Mosin.

Be aware of wide open areas right outside of towns and if you can play with other people and play smart. These two men teams do not always operate the most intelligently and usually the guy running around with the M4 will give the position of the sniper.

Edited by MCNine

Most lone wolfs are either dead or you wont see them. Most people you see hanging out in a street have a buddy on a hill or in a building near by. I've run into a few people here and there that were friend;y nut most aren't.

I play with a friend always. Our rules are pretty much the one with the worst gear is the looter. I have taken out a who squad before who was trying to force feed him disinfectant for no reason.

Bandits are scrubs.

We don't just KOS people at random.

When our 3rd is on we have 2 snipers. Until zombies are a real threat i m pretty sure KOS will just get worse.

Shooting people non-stop is pretty easy.  Honestly its just lazy.  Its much more difficult to coordinate a possible holdup than see a guy with your LRS and shoot him.