Sign in to follow this  
jumba898

Realistic Blood Transfusion

I have come to realize that Dayz has made it so you cannot get + blood being a - blood type. That is not neccessarily true. Sometimes in medicine doctors under extreme circumstances (no more o- or no - blood) might have to give a - patient + blood. Realistically this can be done once in a persons lifetime. The D-antigens (Rh +) can go into someone with D-antibodies. I think Dayz should implement a system where a - patient receives compatible (based on the Rh+ version of there blood) blood once and suffers side effects such as weakness etc. For example a B - patient out in a world filled with zombies is in need of an emergency blood transfusion. Its not easy to find survivors so he has to use the first survivor he comes across... Luckily the survivor is O+, no A antigens that will react with his blood but there are D-antigens. So he does the blood transfusion. He starts to feel a bit better but weak at the same time. I finds vitamins and antibiotics and he takes them and slowly works his way back to healthy. 

In 10 lives, i get to bloodbag someone once. Usually you're shot dead before you can apply any medical help. So...not needed.

Does anyone bloodbag anymore? I usually use saline, or am I doing something wrong?

In 10 lives, i get to bloodbag someone once. Usually you're shot dead before you can apply any medical help. So...not needed.

Just don't run around until you are dead, as team we've used blood and saline bags many times

Just don't run around until you are dead, as team we've used blood and saline bags many times

Exactly maybe your running around too aimlessly ive blood bagged myself plenty of times.

You know, a mosin bullet in your head or 30 rounds of 5.56 usually do not allow bloodbagging afterwards. I'm not running around aimlessly, Im hunting people in a team of 2-4 players.

You know, a mosin bullet in your head or 30 rounds of 5.56 usually do not allow bloodbagging afterwards. I'm not running around aimlessly, Im hunting people in a team of 2-4 players.

Then u and ur team r just not playing safe enough. me and my team have rarely been sniped its all about tactics alright.

Yes, this souds like a reasonable thing to add. Come to think of it, how has any game done it without taking this into account - almost embarassing!

EDIT: Also, a realistic "blood transfusion" = "the sort of a blood transfusion that does not magically heal you fully and immediately when you are almost dead from a rifle shot to your head."

Edited by janol

Then u and ur team r just not playing safe enough. me and my team have rarely been sniped its all about tactics alright.

totally agree, a snipe (i'm the sniper and the medic of my squad) actually can headshot you just if you stay still or with a very lucky shot, so play safer and take good covers, the M4 sucks as damage you can take 10 5,56 bullets with a pristine jacket + vest and still run away..

Edited by JKS-Alex

Yes, this souds like a reasonable thing to add. Come to think of it, how has any game done it without taking this into account - almost embarassing!

EDIT: Also, a realistic "blood transfusion" = "the sort of a blood transfusion that does not magically heal you fully and immediately when you are almost dead from a rifle shot to your head."

Yeah I was thinking that too but people only want to go so far with realism... they always say this is so realistic and I like this, but when things start to get too realistic sometimes people are just like why this isn't realistic at all, when in contrary its about as realistic as it gets. But yeah I have thought that it would be if you wouldn't feel perfectly fine also the blood transfusion should require more items/time and also those who get there blood taken shouldn't be able to run like normal or anything normal because after getting a pint of blood taken it isn't that easy to get back on your feet fully ready to go. It would be cool if they did that It would probably require people to play extra safe during times after transfusions or a group will have to take extra care of their o- player (because a lot of good groups always carry an o- player [Dayz tips 101]), also saline bags shouldn't be near as good as they are.

totally agree, a snipe (i'm the sniper and the medic of my squad) actually can headshot you just if you stay still or with a very lucky shot, so play safer and take good covers, the M4 sucks as damage you can take 10 5,56 bullets with a pristine jacket + vest and still run away..

Yeah exactly and one thing I can't wait for is when they add more guns and snipers too im tired of the Mosin, I mean its great for sniping, I have made an 800+ Meter'd shot and killed someone before, but what I really want is the AS50

When the time comes and flawed mechanics are fixed, why not.

I would also like to see the system where a blood of bag would not magically make you from corpse to a fully healthy living person.

• Like 1