Shad0wH4wk

Do you want cars NOW or LATER?

When do you want cars?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want vehicles now or later?

• Now!
    • Later. I can wait until everything is working properly.

This is not a topic urging the devs to add cars now or very soon. The reason I am starting this topic is because I have realized that I am no longer dependent on vehicles for transportation like I was in the mod. In the mod, the first thing I would search for was a vehicle. But now, I have no problem at all getting along the map on foot, although the transition was a bit lengthy. As long as I put one foot forward, I can get anywhere that I want to  ^_^

I would definitely say that getting around on foot has given me a better familiarity with the map and an understanding that I must be careful no matter where I am, because anyone could be heading exactly the same way as me and at exactly the same pace. Now don't get me wrong, I am also looking forward to vehicles being added and can't wait, but I think it's great that the devs have decided to leave vehicles out until late alpha, how about you guys?  :D

Edited by Shad0wH4wk
  • Like 1

I want vehicles whenever they're finished, regardless of how long it takes

• Like 8

I would definetly like cars being implemented, but in the current state of the game...nu-uh. Rocket even said that cars were probably due to late 2014 or something.

As long as it takes to sort out the things wrong, I would prefer nothing new added. I will, however, leave the decisions to the devteam, as they are a lot wiser when it comes to making a game from scratch.

Later. And when they do, I still want walking to be 90% of travel.

Puts lead in your pencil.

• Like 1

This is not a topic urging the devs to add cars now or very soon.

Yet the only options are now or later?  Where is my "I am patient and can wait until everything is in working order button"?

Yet the only options are now or later?  Where is my "I am patient and can wait until everything is in working order button"?

I assumed most people would view that option as later, but I will of course heed your advice and change it :P

• Like 1

Yet the only options are now or later? Where is my "I am patient and can wait until everything is in working order button"?

.......The "later" option?

.......The "later" option?

Sigh, I was making a stab at the opening line of the OP as this is a very well hidden attempt for a "give me my damn vehicles now" thread

According to Rocket's presentation at Rezzed, vehicles are due to be brought in around Q3 (please correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was Q3) of this year. I can wait that long if it would possibly mean taking man hours away from working on things like survival and optimisation. It's not even that long now, we're already in Q2 of the calendar year.

I want them when they're finished. I do not care if they arrive in 2015, as long as they're fixed and fit with a Klondike bar case.

I want to see them in late beta. Reason? Well, with vehicles now. Everybody would want it, but only some will. Driving a vehicle will be even more risky. Would ambush gas stations for vehicles and a massive war would occur between those who do and don't have one.

Also, with vehicles you tend to just gear up quicker. Driving to the airfields and military bases and just gear up in minutes or help your friends gearing up...

Now that they're adding more locations to use. I say that vehicles are out of the question in Alpha

I dont even use my chearnus+ map on DayZ DB anymore I know the map so well now. It will be nice to learn the roads next once cars are in.

Sigh, I was making a stab at the opening line of the OP as this is a very well hidden attempt for a "give me my damn vehicles now" thread

As I stated in the very first line, this is not at all a topic urging for vehicles to be added. I only wanted to see others opinions. I chose the 'later' option in the poll, so that would contradict your theory :)

Edited by Shad0wH4wk

I want everything now and for it to work perfect...

Not going to happen? Okay I will settle with bicycles please!

I want a unicycle. I want to ride right through electro riding a unicycle with no clothes on blaring into my mic what i think of those kosers.I would die but it would be one hell of a good time.

I would love vehicles sooner rather than later for the simple reason of it opens up more of the map to people. Yeah, you can run up to the northwest airfield now to get gear, but it's tedious so you never see anyone there. You never see anyone in almost any town in the center of the map. Right now it's all Elektro, Berezino, NEAF, and Balota now that tent spawns are working again.

Occasionally some fresh spawn killers at Solich and Kami.

I just want to have to worry about running into people anywhere. Without vehicles, I can run to the middle of the road in the wilderness and go AFK for 15 min and come back and still be sitting there untouched.

• Like 1

I would love vehicles sooner rather than later for the simple reason of it opens up more of the map to people. Yeah, you can run up to the northwest airfield now to get gear, but it's tedious so you never see anyone there. You never see anyone in almost any town in the center of the map. Right now it's all Elektro, Berezino, NEAF, and Balota now that tent spawns are working again.

Occasionally some fresh spawn killers at Solich and Kami.

I just want to have to worry about running into people anywhere. Without vehicles, I can run to the middle of the road in the wilderness and go AFK for 15 min and come back and still be sitting there untouched.

Very good viewpoint. It's one I haven't considered. Thanks for opening my eyes :)

i do want vehicles now, but thay should work properly first, why can´t thay just make the whole team work on a bike, i will be done fast (Probably) and then everyone will be happy.

This is not a topic urging the devs to add cars now or very soon. The reason I am starting this topic is because I have realized that I am no longer dependent on vehicles for transportation like I was in the mod. In the mod, the first thing I would search for was a vehicle. But now, I have no problem at all getting along the map on foot, although the transition was a bit lengthy. As long as I put one foot forward, I can get anywhere that I want to  ^_^

I would definitely say that getting around on foot has given me a better familiarity with the map and an understanding that I must be careful no matter where I am, because anyone could be heading exactly the same way as me and at exactly the same pace. Now don't get me wrong, I am also looking forward to vehicles being added and can't wait, but I think it's great that the devs have decided to leave vehicles out until late alpha, how about you guys?  :D

I don't see the point of this thread. This topic has already been discussed only a gazillion times.

Edited by weedmasta