Sign in to follow this  
Zeromi

If you use Xpadder

I've PM'd you about the aiming issue, Weyland 

Thank you so much for the PM.

Got it sorted and love it. For someone like me that has bad hands, Xpadder is a must have. Much better than Motioninjoy.

• Like 1

It's finished! 

can anyone suggest a good (*free) place to host it?

Once I find somewhere I'll post a download link for the profile and a layout for the buttons. 

there are just two sets and you barely notice they are there. 

I'm using the keyboard still for the hot keys but I do have a pad only version - I just found it almost unplayable as it was so clunky. 

Will post instructions for anyone who wants pad only but I wont be hosting a profile.

I'm also using a 3-switch USB foot control board. There are enough buttons without it, I just like the feel of using the middle button to go prone and the left/right to lean. 

sorry it was so late - I kept getting kicked off of servers all weekend - the longest i could get on was about 90 seconds. I needed a gun to test my shooting config and I couldnt get to one with getting kicked all the time.

It's finished! 

can anyone suggest a good (*free) place to host it?

Once I find somewhere I'll post a download link for the profile and a layout for the buttons. 

One last question,

Why is it when I open my save file, they are blank and I have to reassign the buttons again? When I open my save file its just a bunch of empty buttons.

Thanks!

there are two things you have to save in xpadder. One is the background picture of the control pad  and the other is the layout.

Image is top left, layout is top right ;)

check your documents folder, profiles save there by default

sorry for the delay - I had a system crash and had to restore. I was reverted back to an earlier version of my layout

Will be posted today

First things first - If you don't use a pad, just a mouse and keyboard, we've heard it 1000 times. Please just leave and close the door behind you, paying due care and attention to rules three and 9 of the forum. (which i'm sure I don't need to remind you of.....)

Now that I've gotten that out of the way:

I've put together a pretty fluid, intuitive control system using Xpadder. At the moment, it has made the game very playable and enjoyable, I just need some assistance in tweaking little bits and pieces here and there. 

So, if you have any knowledge on using the set selection feature or know how to make use of double tapping then please private message me.

I'm quite sure I'm a week or two away from a great, if not the definitive control pad layout for those of us who are just too set in our ways to put the pad down and learn to play with the mouse and keyboard. (Again ,we know.... we're happy to just play the game with the pad even at the 'disadvantage' it puts us at over M&KB - please accept this and just leave us to play the game as we see fit, as we do with you)

If you use xpadder but don't think you could be any help with the set selector etc, please let me know what your setup is and what works for you. 

If you're staff and want some info please do ask.

I'm working on two sets of controls. One using the standard wired xbox 360 controller and one that incorporates a three switch USB foot controller - It's a little extra cost but I think it will be worth it. It hasn't yet arrived so I haven't had time to try out my ideas for it yet.

TL;DR - I need help with Xpadder, PM me, bro

Edit: though i was going for a controller free setup originally, I haven't found a comfortable way to select hot bar items that feels natural. I'm going to have to make this a control pad and keyboard combo. the keyboard is literally just for selecting your hot bar items and everything else seems to be working fine. 

I had mis-read something about the scroll wheel for "previous" and "next", assuming it meant hot bar items when it actually meant to cycle options like "take, inspect, use" when looking at an item. So unfortunately I can't make a controller only setup that feels right. 

if anyone knows of a way to make the scroll wheel cycle hot bar items, please get in touch. I think this would have to be something incorporated by the dev team though and not something that will ever happen. 

Another alternative.