Sign in to follow this  
pacific_coast

we need another shipwreck (spawn discussion)

in dayz you have always spawned on the beach.

with the occasional novy or wilderness spawns, we've always been on the coast.

with the shipwreck at rify and all the boats on the shore:

we need another shipwreck on the south coast.

there are too many survivors to have come from one ship, and this adds another dynamic area and gives more backing to the "we washed ashore in the ZA" lore.

we could use lifeboats, makeshift rafts and other signs of arrival.

Rify_Shipwreck_aerial.jpg

also

the plane wreckage in chernogorsk... did we come from there?

the crashed helicopters?

spawning in a "lore friendly location" with "lore friendly items"

example: spawn in a hospital room wearing a doctors coat or in a barracks wearing a ballistic helmet, or near a heli crash wearing a pilots helmet...

discuss.

• Like 8

Been suggested, all content above.  I would not mind more wrecks/sites to explore on the map, in time I think we will see more with map progression.

All great ideas, but if they use the ship from north east as a spawn area they will need to fix the clipping issues with it and remove the valuable loot spawns on it.

All great ideas, but if they use the ship from north east as a spawn area they will need to fix the clipping issues with it and remove the valuable loot spawns on it.

that's why we need a brand new ship... or SHIPS.

I think the wreck should really spawn better items, or atleast items that make more sense. What kind of ship carries ONLY clothes?

I think the wreck should really spawn better items, or atleast items that make more sense. What kind of ship carries ONLY clothes?

i find a lot of weapons and even food.

it is kind of a mixed bag really.

like a green piano house and a residential 3 story threw up all over the ship

Anything that adds backstory, without "adding a backstory" i can get with.

Cargo ships from China...? If you look at the tag of your clothes i bet most of them say "Made in red dragon land". There are also ships that carry only oil or only cars...so it's not that uncommon.

Edited by Enforcer

Is there still a wreck off the coast of skalisty?

There used to be a second wreck there in the mod.

Why do you assume we came from somewhere.

why could the survivors just live in chernarus but just happen to spawn on the coast. I think you are over thinking this.

Another wreck would be cool. As for spawns they should be all over the map not limited to the coast and yes, use RP elements in the spawn locations "Camp site, wrecked bus, downed plane"  but no on starting gear. I don't even know why you start with a torch. Who walks around with a torch these days lol. More likely have a lighter and maybe a tiny penknife.

• Like 1

I think the balance is pretty good, but then what do I know lol. New to dayz never played the mod so I don't know if I'm missing owt. Understand about the torch tho, most people would be carrying a smartphone so you could use the LED flash on that along with say intermittent gps and maybe a PTT option too.

Honest to god, I'm marginally sure that the spawns are messed up regardless.

I used to actually get Kamenka spawns... which were juicy and delicious. Now all I get is Prig or Skalisty spawns. Which is effing infuriating.

I've never had too much of an issue spawning on the coast, but (even in the mod) we seem to spawn on a small slice of the coast rather than along the whole damn thing. Dunno if this is by design or something's not working right.

I want my Kamenka spawns back. Not sure I'd want folks spawning inland regularly, that's where all the persistent stuff happens, and I don't want anyone getting a leg up on finding my stash.

That said, not sure people need more incentive to spawn on the coast. You've got four massive cities, probably times two smaller ones, a shipwreck and an airfield. What more do you want?

Edited by Katana67

Cargo ships from China...? If you look at the tag of your clothes i bet most of them say "Made in red dragon land". There are also ships that carry only oil or only cars...so it's not that uncommon.

Well unless people on that boat were surviving by eating the clothes then there should be more food/drink spawns and other objects like can openers

Probably a ship transporting a shipment of clothes

• Like 1

Another wreck would be cool. As for spawns they should be all over the map not limited to the coast and yes, use RP elements in the spawn locations "Camp site, wrecked bus, downed plane"  but no on starting gear. I don't even know why you start with a torch. Who walks around with a torch these days lol. More likely have a lighter and maybe a tiny penknife.

waking up in a house that's trashed, wearing worn civilian clothing...

very cool and RP/lore friendly

we dont know how we ended up in cherno but we should either be shipwrecked survivors or chernarus natives.

or both.

Um i dont know if this had happened to anyone else but ive spawned in the middle of the woods near a small town on two occasions. So spawning on the coast isnt an always. At least for me.